Best Games Ever

Forgive me if anyone disagrees, but Counterstrike: Source is one of the funnest online games I have ever played.  The best games I have ever played are KOTOR I and II and The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall.  Not morrowind, not arena, Daggerfall.

Well I don

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I need to find a copy of Daggerfall.  <_<

For once I'm going to say: download it!

Bethesda hasn't rereleased it even once since 1996, and the copies that are on the market are going for 50-200$, depending on condition. It's insane that a 9 year old game is more expensive than a brand new game from 2005.

I saw a complete boxed copy with manual in good condition for sale at a local EBGames for $9CDN and didn't buy it. Thought about it, but I've already played it, and it's not like I have much space for more boxed classic games anyways.

Whoops.

Me too, though some biatch apparently stole the manual and I can't find it anywhere :thumbsup:

Perhaps starting to sell copies of my original Daggerfall CD over the net will produce some income...

As for the greatest games...

-FALLOUT

-Daggerfall

-TIE Fighter

-Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade

-CAESAR II

-The 7th Guest.

Apart from the Bible and the complete works of Shakespeare (which are automatically available for all Desert Island cast-aways), I would insist on Deus Ex and Civ2.

An internet co-op game would be a good idea, because then I could communicate with the onliers to gert them to rescue me.

Utlima ][ was great, but I would pretty soon get bored now (and I've forgotten all the memory addresses for the items ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Fortunately I had Daggerfall and played it for years with an endless amount of fun and still know where it is. Unfortunately I loaned it to my older brother a few years back and he still has it in his possession. Definately a game you could always pop in and play whenever you feel like killing guards or creatures, or maybe steal some items and sell them to other merchants :lol: . (Yeah we all know we love to kill those guards). As for downloading the game, get a filesharing program such as limewire and you might get in it a few hours or a few days. Very rare so if you do get it be sure to share it with other people as well ;). You may need to use a disc and copy the files onto the disc but trust me Daggerfall is well worth the cost of a cd.

NiGHTS: Into Dreams is the best game ever. Fer shure.

The only non-platform game I ever completed perfectly. I loved it.

Mind you, Chrono Trigger and Uncharted Waters 2 were damn good games too. All so completely different that it's hard to compare them and decide on the better one.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

NiGHTS: Into Dreams is the best game ever.  Fer shure.

The only non-platform game I ever completed perfectly.  I loved it.

Mind you, Chrono Trigger and Uncharted Waters 2 were damn good games too.  All so completely different that it's hard to compare them and decide on the better one.

Yep I have chrono trigger and chrono cross. Good games. Never even heard of Nights: Into Dreams though should check it out.

NiGHTS: Into Dreams is the best game ever.  Fer shure.

The only non-platform game I ever completed perfectly.  I loved it.

Mind you, Chrono Trigger and Uncharted Waters 2 were damn good games too.  All so completely different that it's hard to compare them and decide on the better one.

Yep I have chrono trigger and chrono cross. Good games. Never even heard of Nights: Into Dreams though should check it out.

It was a game on the Sega Saturn, which probably goes a long way to explaining why you haven't heard of it. :lol:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Guest Mistress

My favourite game ever would have to be Dungeon Keeper. Since DK I have played many many games, and enjoyed a lot of them, but unfortunately none have managed to topple it yet.

In no particular order:

Ocarina of Time

Half-Life 2

Kotor 1

Kotor 2

Halo 1 (2 sucked)

Star Fox 64

Best game of all time:  Final Fantasy X

Have you played the Suikoden games? Far superior to the Final Fantasy games in every way.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Have you played the Suikoden games? Far superior to the Final Fantasy games in every way.

I'd have to disagree when it comes to NPCs less is definately more. Although the trinity system was nice.

I never did like FFX's sphere grid that much. But the guys got taste :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

What about Donkey Kong?

And Donkey Kong Jr?

And Pac-Man?

And Asteoids?

And Galaga?

And Dig-Dug?

And Ms Pac-Man?

And Space Invaders (the original)?

My goodness, how many years did I just describe in how few words ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I thought that Bethesda just released an Elder Scroll's 10th annivesary collection a while back.

A quick search on google later and I would still say: nope.

Many probably suggested that they rerelease Daggerfall for the tenth, but alas they didn't. But they turned Elder Scrolls: Arena into a freeware game, and offered it as a download! That was nice.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It gets mentioned often here, and deserved so.

On the Elder's Scroll series, I must have inferred it when I saw the 10th Anniversary annoucements on Bethesda's website. It only makes sense to release the series and make another buck, unless they intend to rerelease Daggerfall on something like a cell phone or the GBA and don't want to rerelease it on the PC again.

- Unreal

- Unreal Tournament

- System Shock 2

- Deus Ex

- KotOR

- KotOR II

- Final Fantasy VII

- Final Fantasy X

- Halo

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Best games?

FO2, BG2, NWN, and Ultima for RPGs.

MVP Baseball 2005, and Madden 2005 for other games.

Special selection is Megamania which is the best old school arcadey game.

:)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And Galaga?

Now you're talking.

Don't forget Pong. I can still play that. Seriously.

Thank you, I hadn't even thought of that.

My revised list:

Thief 3 (I forgot that one too :- )

Final Fantasy X

Halo 1

Kotor 1

Kotor 2

Half-Life 2

Galaga

Best Game of all time: Tie between Pong and Ocarina of Time

sig2.gif

And Galaga?

Now you're talking.

Don't forget Pong. I can still play that. Seriously.

Absolutely. And Tetris.

And what was that Galaga-type-game where you went right around the screen? Y'know, the one with the warping through the solar system?

Two Warps to Neptune ... Three Warps to Uranus (Boom! Boom!) ... Three Warps to Saturn ... Three Warps to Jupiter ... Three Warps to Mars ... Three Warps to Earth (that's when it got silly, with the enemy ships ludicrously fast) ... then back to Three Warps to Neptune ...

:-

What about Donkey Kong? And Donkey Kong Jr? And Pac-Man? And Asteoids? And Galaga? And Dig-Dug? And Ms Pac-Man? And Space Invaders (the original)?

My goodness, how many years did I just describe in how few words ...

~35?

... and counting ... :-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT