Need help

I keep getting crashes during the loading screen. It usually happens after 5 to 8 loads when I try to enter another area.

After I restart the game it will be alright for another 5 to 8 loads after it crashes again in the load screen when switching areas. The game is still playable, but is very anoying, espacially when you just did something difficult to accomplish and it crashes on you after you get to the load screen without having the chance to save.

The game is patched and I use WinXP, Raedon9800 pro.

Thanks for any help.

My only advice is to just save often. Are all your system drivers up to date, such as the video card?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

My only advice is to just save often. Are all your system drivers up to date, such as the video card?

Actually no, I left an older version of my Vid card driver do the work, because after I read what problems people have with their new card drivers for Raedon and simply used older versions, I decided not to update. I believe the newest version is cataclyst 5.6. Anyone has trouble with it?

Actually no, I left an older version of my Vid card driver do the work, because after I read what problems people have with their new card drivers for Raedon and simply used older versions, I decided not to update. I believe the newest version is cataclyst 5.6. Anyone has trouble with it?

I haven't had any trouble so far on my other computer which runs on a Radeon X300. The one that I'm on right now has a really crappy one, but it will soon be replaced with an X800 PRO. Can't wait :D

But yeah, I'd suggest updating to 5.6, and then if you have problems you can roll back the drivers.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

It is best practice to have the latest drivers. A lot of hardware vendors will not even begin support calls until the drivers are up to date (e.g. Compaq).

I have found the later ATi drivers to be pretty stable, although the movies still give problems if I leave them active whilst playing the game. (I can watch them in batch, but after a couple of the movies in game, my system crashes with a illegal memory call. This was a problem with K1, too, although it was nowhere near as bad.)

:lol:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT