What are you playing ? (looking forward too)

What are you playing ?

I just finished up playing Xenosaga II.

It wasn't was I was expecting, but it was a fantastic game and I loved every moment of it.

(looking forward too)

Uhhh... yeah.. Xenosaga <_<

I thought Xenogears(Ep. 5) on the PS1 was one of the greatest japanese style RPGs ever made. When I heard that Xenosaga Ep. 1 was in the works it didn't take long before I had it in my hands. The move from Square to NAMCO meant a different development team though I still wanted Xenosage Ep.1 under the false pretense that it was Ep.1 of the Xenogears storyline..Well, it ended up being an "alright" game but far below the standards set by Xenogears..

And then I heard that the new folks of NAMCO's Xenosaga series ditched the original Xenogears storyline and are working on an alternative timeline. >_<

Needless to say, I won't be buying Ep.2 or any of its sequels...

image002.gifLancer

Xenogears should have been an anime series. As a game, it was horrible.

I loved the script, though.

"I killed your father."

"You mean my dad?!"

"Yes."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Xenogears should have been an anime series. As a game, it was horrible.

I loved the script, though.

"I killed your father."

"You mean my dad?!"

"Yes."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Xenogear's gameplay wasn't the best (still better than Xenosaga's) but then again, most console RPGs are little more than repetitive button-mashers compared to their more strategic computer RPG counterparts(particularly the turn-based computer RPGs).

Regardless, Xenogears had 10x the script, music, storyline, enjoyment as Xenosaga.

image002.gifLancer

Xenogears if anything at all is LONG. I think it's story was better than FF7's

"I have somthing to tell you."

"What?"

"Your my clone and all your memories are fake."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Anyway, I did like how it made god the machine to wipe out humanity, but I didn't like the fact that my PS2 didn't agree with it. 9/10 times my memory would be corrupted so I would have to redo everything.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ahhh... and here they come, the old, hardcore Xenogears fans.

I honestly thought I could appreciate the series here, without being reminded, yet again of how much better it is.

And Yes, I know how fantastic it is. I remember buying it the same week it came out (In NA anyhow), and beating it only a week after I got it.

But honestly, how do you come to the conclusion that it's 10x better in every way?

I'm sure you came to that conclusion even before you touched the game.

It's not better, or worse.... It just is.

Started Def Jam Fight For NY yesterday (yay Christopher Judge goodnes :D ) it's pretty good later on you start to distract yourself with shiny's, and it's got one heck of a learning curve.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, I just finished King's Quest VII. What is it about game developers that they think, "We have a six-chapter game, we'll make the last chapter a quarter of the length of the others, but don't worry, people won't be disappointed."? :huh:

Overall, it was quite fun. Not the best in the series, but interesting to control a character like Valanice - unique in gaming, I wonder? I don't feel the need to progress to KQVIII. I never heard a single positive comment about it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I just spent the morning playing Facade. It's not exactly a game; it tries to be an interactive story, but I'm not sure how well it succeeds. It's fascinating, but desperately frustrating - the parser is very limited and it gives the feeling that there's a world of depth there that I can't quite get at because I don't know the right words. Still, it was an interesting experience. :blink:

They're still making King's Quest? :p I was still at school when they were popular ..!

No. KQVIII was the last official game made by Sierra and Roberta Williams.

There's a fan sequel in the works. It looks like it's making progress and might actually be released, but with fan games you can never really know.

What is it with dumbed down games? Don't developers and producers realise that the mean and median age of gamers is already in the tetragenarian decade, and trending upwards? And some of us are actually degree qualified? :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT