What are you playing ? (looking forward too)

I liked how the suits looked "old", like the one who looked like it was build from fighter's c0ckpit.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Don't forget Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

SiN Episodes are the first non-Valve game to use the Source engine and Steam as a distribution vector.

I'm not so sure about the merits of the game, however, when I read such highlights as:

SiN Episodes expands on the role of Colonel John R. Blade, a battle worn hero in charge of HardCorps, an elite strike force with a long history of conflict with SinTEK, a powerful multibillion dollar empire headed up by Elexis Sinclaire, a beautiful, brilliant, and ruthless scientist [ :lol: ] who is out to remake humanity according to her own twisted vision. Joining Blade on his mission are JC, a HardCorps hacker with a secret to keep [ :) ], and Jessica Cannon, a fiery rookie who can find her way into any secure facility [ :) ]. ...

I wonder who their target market segment might be ...? :)

Anyone heard of the predecessors: SiN and its expansion pack, Wages of SiN?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Anyone heard of the predecessors: SiN and its expansion pack, Wages of SiN?"

:blink: <- this shall henceforth be called :meta:

kirottu said:

You've obviously made a mistake somewhere in the thought process, if you think SiN had anything to do with anime.

kirottu said:

Let's see, Same name, same logo, same basic story...... Hmmmm i'm seeing some paralells.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

But it's still not based on anything. Other than age-old fps standards.

kirottu said:

This game was *insane* fun....until....

it jumped on the bizarro bandwagon of "hey, human enemies just isn't fun anymore...let's make SUPER human enemies, and throw the germans into walking mechs and other crap that just didn't exist in WW2!

Then again, the game wasn't meant to portray the events of World War II with one hundred percent acurateness. Much like, say, Lionheart used real events contrasted with fictional ones, so did Silent Storm. In my opinion it really works because it gives the story and gameplay a fun twist, B movie meets sci-fi. Although I can see why people wouldn't like this, it's how the game is made. And personally the fun still exists after it.

The only real problem I had with that element was that the mech suits felt overpowered.

That's probably the biggest beef I had. I didn't seem to have any inclination that they were coming, and then suddenly I met up with one and my team of commandos was relatively ill-equipped to fight them.

I just felt it was too much of "lets make a cool new twist since fighting humans gets boring" event. While I still haven't played Far Cry (though I intend to), I am weary about it since apparently it takes a turn for the Sci-Fi too.

I guess what I don't like about the "twists" in both of these games is that they same unnecessary. The demo of Far Cry was insane fun and I expect the retail will be too, and I loved Silent Storm and was having an absolute blast. I guess I just didn't feel it needed a twist.

The second mission I got with those panzerbot thingies was crazy....there was like 8 of them....and I can only carry so much heavy weapons to deal with them. The first mission there was only the one so it wasn't as bad, just a shock.

While I still haven't played Far Cry (though I intend to), I am weary about it since apparently it takes a turn for the Sci-Fi too.

Not only does it take a turn for the sci-fi, it also allows the sci-fi enemies to cheat to make the game more difficult. It's very annoying.

Still.. Don't let that put you off. Far Cry is the best FPS I've ever played and I loved (almost) every minute of it. It has easily the best graphics I've ever seen in a game, it gives you the freedom to fight your own war, it's AI can be really impressive (I once hid in a air duct, when suddenly an enemy soldier noticed me and crawled in behind me!), the physics and shadowing are equally impressive (although the physics engine doesn't include destructable objects) and the setting is sooo nice.

Also, if you have friends with Far Cry, get this:

http://www.farcrycoop.de.vu/

It's not finished yet, but it's playable and adds another dimension to the game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

While I still haven't played Far Cry (though I intend to), I am weary wary about it since apparently it takes a turn for the Sci-Fi too.

When you say "takes a turn for the Sci-Fi", I assume you are using Sci-Fi as a perjorative and, further, you are implying a B-grade-film-type-Sci-Fi, as in poorly executed green-monsters-with-bug-eyes? Because a good, well executed SF RPG / FPS is an excellent game.

I haven't played more than the demo of Far Cry, I thought it was okay, but I didn't like the long load times and the plot didn't really grab me.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Playing at the moment: KotOR2 (still :p ) and Doom3

Looking forward too: Black and white2, absolutely cannot wait... :D :thumbsup:

P.S yea Farcry is an awesome game, but it quite annoyed me how it turned kinda sci-fi and stopped working on my computer halfwayy through the game :angry:

I'm kinda falling back into Europa Universalis II (there is no other game that'll let you kick Europe's a$$ as Sweden in the 1600s), but I also play a very different game a lot these days, namely Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

I'm looking forward NWN2,Age of Decadence,Gothic 3.

Curious about DA and Oblivion.

Oh and the Nival games:

HOMM 5

Nightwatch

Hammer and Sickle

Those 3 sound awesome.

I'll also add Bourgeoisie and Metalheart.

Maybe Hellgate London and Stalker too.

I got myself a Yu-Gi-Oh card game the other day.I might give it a shot.

What are you playing ?

I just finished up playing Xenosaga II.

It wasn't was I was expecting, but it was a fantastic game and I loved every moment of it.

(looking forward too)

Well... Xenosaga III... ^_^

(Project as already been confirmed!)

I really hope they decide to dedicate each new game to one character (while advancing the story a bit aswell ;]). I thought it worked really well in the second episode.

Also looking forward to Neverwinter Nights 2 and Final Fantasy XII.

Oh yeah, and the RE4 port for PS2 (hurray, no need to buy Gamecube!).