What are you playing ? (looking forward too)

A couple of games that I'm looking forward to are:

Alan Wake

F.E.A.R.

Half-Life: Aftermath

Company of Heroes

I'm probably most anxious about Company of Heroes, since I hope it brings back some of that RTS goodness that the Close Combat series offered :lol:

100 hours? That's pretty long for a JRPG, and i thought that Baten Kaitos was long. Btw, Square-Enix is having a party on July 30th, Nobou Uematsu will host it with some "big" news about FFXII.

Yes I was most suprised. It does come on two disks as well.

I'm trying to enjoy the card system in Baten Kaitos but its just not doing it for me.

Sadly my wife is in the third trimester (er that just sounds wrong..) so we wont be going :)

Should I be worried that I'm more sad about missing a Squenix party than I am happy about the birth of my third child.

We are thinking of calling it Ashe by the way :) Goes along with Rikku and Auron our twins and now I'm getting a snip cause she gets pregnant if I look at her funny it seems. :">

If it's a boy, settle with "Basch" :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I hated that Alex had any importance at all to the story after the rescue bit, or that the game just didn't end right then. I mean, really JC's solution to the "problem of people" should have been something we as normal people couldn't even comprehend - that was the point of becoming godlike in the first game, that you don't see a third way between TT's cataclysm or Everett's elitism, so you just opted to become transcendent instead and then solve it as a god. In fact the perfect democracy ending of IW was kind of unsettling because it didn't seem  very much like transcendent thinking at all - anyone might have come up with it. It wasn't something a person of godlike vision would create.

Yup. I think they tried to make IW's story as grand as the original, but what they accomplised was in fact, to bastardize Deus Ex's story.

I mean, at the end I was expecting to hear something like "We are the Borg, you will be assimilated".

:)

Also, those Paladin armor and Illuminati assassin guys made the gameplay of the endgame pretty blah.

Yeah. Why the hell do they have to explode on death? That was not only lame, but it effectively forced you to use ranged weapons, rendering close combat useless. And hey, thank God the

Illuminati are a secret organization that "only influence, suggest, insinuate"

. Since when did they become the freaking MJ12?

Invisible War was pretty interesting for a while, though - I really liked the NG Resonance stuff, although I assumed the NG AI was going to end up as an important player in the storyline (since it presumably was a global-scale AI with gobs of informants)  and I was let down when she disappeared out of the game.

Ah, yeah. I was expecting for it to be revealed as an instrument of either the

Illuminati or ApostleCorp

. But in the end, nothing. Damn shame.

I would like to register my agreement with the above. I think NG was meant to tie in with one of the factions, and so too the other factions were meant to be stronger (in literature terms), but it seems those "I"s were not dotted.

I did like the guided rocket launcher missile, though, that at least made ranged attacks on the paladins fun ...

PS Fishboot, what did you do to the spoiler tags, they're pre-revealed?!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Final Fantasy XII seems to be rehashing the plotline of the earlier Final Fantasy games. The story and characters seem far too cliche for me.

What I really loved about Final Fantasy X was how original it was.

Kingdom Hearts II is the Squaresoft game I'm really looking forward to.

Feat. Lil' Ash?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

:ph34r: Indeed.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Looking forward toPrince of Persia 3. I liked 2. I didn't find generic rage Prince that annoying. Looking forward to meeting the Maharajah's daughter again. She was a much more interesting character than the Empress of Time.

Also looking forward to the Witcher. Seems like a good RPG to sink my teeth into.

Soul Calibur 3 looks good.

Since I bought a used PS2 recently I'm looking forward to buying/renting God of War and MGS3 Subsistence when it comes out.

Playing FFX too but I didn't really enjoy it. I found the whole thing tedious with the running around and monster encounters. It's strange because I enjoyed earlier FF games. My tastes have likely changed. I previously found going after all the secrets and hidden monsters and items fun, but now it seems like a meaningless chore. I guess I want my sidequests to be more story driven.

FF8 had some of the worst combat, because it took forever to watch the Guardian animations all the time.

Didnt really matter thats why you had the boost skill :D

Made your fingers ache after a while though granted.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I never finished FF8 or FF7. I got to the third disc on FF8 though, and I enjoyed it more than I did the first half of FF7. Everyone swears FF7 had this incredible story. Maybe it seems incredible if you see the ending, but I wasn't horribly impressed with the storyline of either 30 hours in.

It's a good story but you really have to see it through past the first Comet meeting... you'll know what i mean when you get there.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I just received my delivery of Vampire:Bloodlines about 5 minutes ago. :thumbsup: After I finish Ultima VII part II, I think I will play this next and then Wizardry 8.

image002.gifLancer