What are you playing ? (looking forward too)

I'm really looking forward to Spore as well, and I dig your Penny Arcade reference.

I recently beat Gauntlet Dark Legacy out of boredom. I'm still playing San Andreas, because I like to screw around more than I like missions. I recently beat Fable, and I'm still playing NCAA Football 2005. I need a new RPG desperately.

Currently reinstalled my old close Combat Games (II and IV since they have a dynamic campagin).

Things going fairly well, despite some extra resistance up north. Not that the fights were hard for the 1st SS Panzer Div, but the silly allies just wouldn't give up. But I'm about at Bastogne, as well as securing the roads to the North and South of it. Hopefully that 101st doesn't rear it's ugly head :lol:

I'm not happy with Interplay currently.

We had a falling out. It wasn't pretty. And the therapy bills are killer.

The transition's never easy, but it will get better over time.

Interesting to play the AGDI VGA version of KQ2, which is substantially changed over the original. It was good, though I kind of missed the bridge you can only cross seven times.
Their egos grew as the game developed... :lol:

Hmmm, Deus Ex didn't work for me.  I don't have the skills to shoot the moving thingies. :(

Feel free to laugh: I am currently replaying the King's Quest games, up to KQ6, off the original floppies no less, in preparation for the arrival in the next few days of KQ7.  Yep, I found it for four pounds on Amazon, and thought that as I'd played the rest of the series, I might as well try it. :lol:

Interesting to play the AGDI VGA version of KQ2, which is substantially changed over the original.  It was good, though I kind of missed the bridge you can only cross seven times.

Loved the all the KQ and QFG games, up until the last ones in each series. KQ7 is styled differently, but still a good game. After that, it was hard to tell what genre of games Sierra was making; I sold Dragonfire on eBay, and never did finish Mask of Eternity.

I have been going back to my older games too, because I haven't seen much current stuff that interests me--everybody's doing MMORPG's, and I don't care for them. Just finished Anachronox, thinking about starting up BG1 again, or Buried in Time. But Freespace is haunting me too.

I'm thinking about buying Psychonauts, though, out of curiosity, and waiting to see what X3 looks like when it comes out.

I'm almost done with Painkiller. It's actually a very good title. I didn't like the beginning much, but it's grown on me since then.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I had the insight to steal the "QFG Anthology" cd from a friend a while back, so I'm currently re-playing the Quest For Glory series, taking a fighter through "Paladin-ship" all the way to QFG 5. The Thief is still the most interesting character IMO though.

Painkiller was excellent!

[mini-spoiler ahead!]

Especially the last level where you waltz through Hell, with Hitler's ramblings being heard in the background, was hands-down one of the greatest levels seen in a FPS.

Satan looked great in that game. Not to mention the level looking outright gorgeous. I totally agree.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That's the HDR-effect video, isn't it? Looked damn amazing.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Indeedy.

And the expansion will be fun, too. (I hope it's incldued with my Half-Life 2 purchase, but as long as it's not exorbitant I'll buy it. Okay, I'll buy it anyway. :D)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I hope they give a reason to tread through the Coast, other than the visuals. Some kind of new gameplay mechanic, perhaps. I mean; in Route Kanal you were chased after, in Sand Traps there were the Dune-like moments, in Water Hazard; well, you know.

kirottu said:

Apparently it was originally part of the coastal run stage, but was axed due to the publishing deadline. (Then, I expect, they decided to add all the HDR lighting effects, so that it will be more than just a short expansion.) I don't expect it will be very long; it's free, after all, more of a proof-of-concept than a full-blown game.

The expansion due out (probably September, after the official divorce with Vivendi takes effect) will be an extension of the plot from the game; battling out of City 17, with support from the Combine, I think, as well as with new nasties chasing (the mutant alien-thingies with diapers, for example). It'll be a decent length, because they'll probably charge for it.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Credit card might be a problem, so I hope it can purchased from a store. I'm yearning for more HL2 right now, so this is high on my most wanted-list.

kirottu said:

Thanks for the info. :geek:

kirottu said: