What are you playing ? (looking forward too)

Tell us what you are playing (and share some details if you like).

Mario Tennis(GC) The most fun multiplayer experience I've had in a longtime.

Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town (GBA) Found this for next to nothing and been playing it on and off ever since.

Destroy All Humans - Sort of GTAlien. Fun game with huge areas to explore and very different if you take a stealth over carnage approch. TK powers are hugely fun.

My wife and her sister are playing Tekken 5 at a level way beyond anything I find enjoyable.

Looking forward too.

God of War

Finally getting enough time to play Lucifers Call

Rebel Star Tactics advance

Bomber Man DS

Pokemon Gales of Darkness

Both GC and GBA version of Fire Emblem

Twilight Princess (like DUH :) )

Currently goofing around with making Pokemon real time combat :-"

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Replaying Baldurs Gate 2 for the 113th time, and waiting for:

the Witcher , looks really good, and uses an upgraded version of the nwn-engine. It's an action-rpg with a lot of realtime swordfighting, and a dark and mature setting. Let's just hope the developers don't screw it up...

I don't think they have made any games of this scale before. But it has great potential, we just have to wait and see...

NWN 2, no need to explain why :D

Fallout 3 , but it's a long way from here, probably a couple of years...

Dungeon Siege 2 , didn't like the first one, but have a slight hope about the sequel. Maybe because I'm starving for a new game :-

At least the developers promises that they have adressed the shortcomings of the first game. And I trust them :)"

Playing:

Boiling Point

GTA: San Andreas

Sacred Underworld (although I still haven't found the damn underworld!)

Looking forward to:

Fahrenheit

Sad that there's only one game I'm interested in that's even visible on the horizon.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just installed the demo for the first Deus Ex.  It was suggested on these forums that this was a role-playing game, but so far, I have to say it feels like a FPS. >_<  Am I missing something?

Not really, its more FPS than RPG in the sense that your character dosnt matter anywhere near as much as you do. This is very apparent at the start of the game before you get any skills. It does get better, but its really a case of if you think its worth sticking it out.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Guest Fishboot

I'm looking forward to buying a nice flight stick so I can go on a proper Freespace 2 and Wing Commander bender.

Painkiller Gold. It's got it's good points and bad points.

Something weird: I opened the box and there's this Penny Arcade comic included with the game. The main character is named Daniel and his wife is named Catherine. I'm Daniel and my wife is named Catherine. Spooky!

Especially when you think the game is about some poor fool named Daniel who dies and is forced to fight demons in order to purify himself so he can get to his wife, Catherine, in heaven.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Currently playing Fallen Haven. The Last Hope Campaign can be a real pain in the butt. I only have level 3 research across the board while the computer averages out at about level 6. Need another level of weapon damage so my artillery can kill his weak units with a near miss. It's difficult when the computer's weakest units have enough firepower to kill your artillery in one shot from 10 squares away. :thumbsup:

Some of the colours are off because the game only runs in 256 colours mode, but here is a screen shot of the map screen. I'm the red guys. So far I have captured 4 areas from the humans.

fallenhaven2tf.th.png

I've recently started another play through of TSL using a LS female character.

I was tempted to pop in NWN and try a user made mod, but none of the ones listed strike my fancy.

It's been too soon since I last played BG, BG2, FO, FO2, and PS:T, so I have to give it more time until I'll be able to get into those games.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hmmm, Deus Ex didn't work for me. I don't have the skills to shoot the moving thingies. :lol:

Feel free to laugh: I am currently replaying the King's Quest games, up to KQ6, off the original floppies no less, in preparation for the arrival in the next few days of KQ7. Yep, I found it for four pounds on Amazon, and thought that as I'd played the rest of the series, I might as well try it. :)

Interesting to play the AGDI VGA version of KQ2, which is substantially changed over the original. It was good, though I kind of missed the bridge you can only cross seven times.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Deus Ex can be played either as a soldier, or a stealth game. The "RPG" elements of the game (it is a genuine RPG-FPS hybrid) come into play when you get biomods: you have a choice of applications for each body part, and there are four levels of performance for each mod. Additionally, there are skill points to collect (like XP, but for progressing the plot, not body count), which are invested in "skills" (hence the name, cf. feats in a D&D setting), like pistol and rifle marksmanship, etc.

Also, the game is incredibly long. And superbly paced.

I'm not sure how you could fail to shoot the "moving thingies" ... after all, you can sneak up on practically every target and take them from behind.

Did you play the tutorial? I thought the tutorial contained some of the most difficult subterfuge in the entire game!

Sounds like your tactics were suspect; give it a go without charging headlong into the battle scene ... :-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just played through Gothic 2 as a Paladin of Innos. Freakin' finally too, as the game had been sitting on my desk for quite some time. The orc hordes were a real bore halfway through the game but when I got hold of some magic the campaign become a lot more interesting. Good game.

I'm also playing Mafia, currently stuck on an assassination mission, where you have survive through an abandoned prison full of bozos and bums to snipe an enemy governor or something. Pretty hard when some of the hobos have shotguns.

Also; there's Dawn of War, Half-Life 2 and Thief 2 on my disk, ready to be played, should some interesting mods spring up. Installed Hitman 2 recently too, but I have no interest to play through the Japan missions again so I'm thinking of cheating. Sadly; the only way to do that is to edit the xml.files, which is imbossible because I know no way to do that.

Oh yeah; forgot. I'm waiting for Dreamfall, some game mods, Stubbs the Zombie, DoW:Winter Assault, NWN 2, Dragon Age, The Witcher and a few others.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest Fishboot

A game that others have mentioned, Spore. (requires a painless registration, pardon me if this is dated)

That Will Wright video has me verging on fanboyism, which I thought I had become immune to. Some of the stuff in there is just jaw-dropping.

Pee on us!