Nintendogs

My sister in law just sent a Nentendo DS together with the pet game, Nintendog (Shiba verson).

I can not read Japanese, but I was able to guess what was going on, I got to say that this game is highly detailed, very well done!

It will respond to your vioce command, and you can teach it new ones every few days, so you can get quite personal with this virtual pet.

When there is a UK/US verson out here in the UK, I might get another one with different types of dogs.

Anyone planing getting the game?

It's excellent fun. I think its more geared to the Japanese practiclaties of dog ownership. But I think it will sell well here and in the US too.

The voice commands I'm in two minds about. On the one hand its very good and gives a real sense of connection to your virtual pet. On the other , no way am I going to talk to my DS in public :D

Neither the Golden Retriever, Husky or Boxer are featured in any of the Japanese versions, but Americans will get the chance to select them along with the usual collection of poodles, pinschers, corgis, beagles, Yorkshire terriers and those really weird-looking tiny ones favoured by Hollywood celebrities that you just want to crush in your fist till their big beady black eyes pop out like living marbles.

As in Japan, both Chihuahua and Friends and Miniature Dachshund and Friends versions will be available, but the Shiba edition has been renamed Labrador and Friends for the US market.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Impressive info on the game o:)

About the vioce command, I dont mind it, but I dislike it as it oftern mistake the command I am given.

I mean, I taught my dog "roll right" and "roll left", it just can not ID the difference.

Also, even the most basic command of "sit" it can not rigister quite often.

I wonder if the game is designed to listern to Japanese command rather than English as well.

If you have trained your dog with good detailed vioce command, would you mind giving me a bit of advice here?

I mean, what are your vioce commands per actions?

The only real advice is to speak very clearly. Vary the speed(until you hit that "sweetspot") at which you speak and make sure you announciate everything.

Its also worth varying how far away your mouth is from the DS until you find a "sweet spot".

I dont type Japanese unfortunately but if you learn the words for each command in Japanese you may have more luck. It's only about 20 words if I recall.

A simple online translater should be able to handle the conversion.

There is a nice FAQ on gamefaqs (as well as a partial translation FAQ which you may find useful as well)

http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/nintendogs_a.txt

You will probably need a plugin to make the kenji appear in the proper form.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Thanks for the head up.

I am currently training the dogs pretty hard, its actaully rather difficult by not knowing Japanese.

However, I like to share some of the tricks I have taught my doggies and the command I am currently using, and what they do.

My aim here is to TRY not to have two or more command sound a like, so my pets do not get confused.

Sit: Sit (but I have to start saying the S for a while in order to increase its effective rate, so I say, " Sssssssit".

Down: Down

Jump: Jump

Hand: Pawpaw (Paw Paw)

Tracing tail: Spin

Lay down on its left: Lay Down

Roll up on its left: Tummy

Roll up on its right: Roll left

Roll up on its right: Roll up

Shake its butt: Wiggle

Shake its buff the other way around facing me: Shakeit (shake it)

Also, they must have must have heard me screaming and shouting bad words any other time, I hope they dont pick them up :rolleyes:

Also, something worth metioning is that, I taught both of my dogs using the same vioce commands, but one would find certain command confusing (blue ?) while the other would learnt it perfectly and never mistaken.

Having read somt of the FAQ, think I will try to delete all the mirror actions, because more command meaning that they might get confused, and taken up the limited memory space of the good virtual pets.

Your welcome.

Only another 115 days till it's released in the UK.

Why some dogs obey and some dont I'm not really sure. It's possible they have some sort of learning code in thier somewhere to make them different.

478327[/snapback]

Cats might make better lickers.  Instead of a big sloppy tongue, you get a deft and quick tongue.

With the texture of sandpaper <_<

nintencats would be easy the cats would do whatever the hell they wanted while you screamed at them through the mic :D

478327[/snapback]

Cats might make better lickers.  Instead of a big sloppy tongue, you get a deft and quick tongue.

With the texture of sandpaper <_<

nintencats would be easy the cats would do whatever the hell they wanted while you screamed at them through the mic :D

That's only because cats are smarter than people :sorcerer: