Suggested superweapon for KOTOR

fn_minimi_m249.jpg

The M249 is a lightweight, individually portable machine gun capable of delivering a large volume of effective fire to support infantry squad operations. It is belt-fed, gas-operated, air cooled and fires from the open bolt position. It can be fired from the shoulder, hip, underarm, or bipod-steadied position.

It'll tear through the Jedi's robes in no time. And let's see one Jedi try to deflect all 5.56mm rounds coming at him at 915 meters/sec and 725 rounds per minute with his lightsaber. Even if he does strike a metallic round with his lightsaber, wouldn't it just turn the round into a red hot molten slug that will keep coming at the Jedi without altering the same velocity a whole lot?

Specs-

Primary function: Hand-held combat machine gun

Manufacturer: Fabrique Nationale Manufacturing, Inc.

Length: 40.87 inches (103.81 centimeters)

Weight:

With bipod and tools: 15.16 pounds (6.88 kilograms)

200-round box magazine: 6.92 pounds (3.14 kilograms)

30-round magazine: 1.07 pounds (.49 kilograms)

Bore diameter: 5.56mm (.233 inches)

Maximum effective range: 3281 feet (1000 meters) for an area target

Maximum range: 2.23 miles (3.6 kilometers)

Rates of fire:

Cyclic: 725 rounds per minute

Sustained: 85 rounds per minute

Unit Replacement Cost: $4,087

Features: The Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW), or 5.56mm M249 is an individually portable, gas operated, magazine or disintegrating metallic link-belt fed, light machine gun with fixed headspace and quick change barrel feature. The M249 engages point targets out to 800 meters, firing the improved NATO standard 5.56mm cartridge.

AMMUNITION

The preferred combat ammunition mix for the M249 is a four-ball (M855) and one-tracer (M856) mix. There are other variations of 5.56-mm ammunition available; however, the four-and-one mix allows the gunner to use the tracer-on-target (TOT) method of adjusting fire to achieve target kill.

Type Use

M855 Ball Against light materiel targets and personnel.

M193 Ball Range training.

M856 Tracer Observation of fire, incendiary effects, and signaling.

M196 Tracer Training.

M199 Dummy During mechanical training.

M200 Blank During training when simulated live fire is desired. (A blank firing attachment must be used to fire this ammunition.)

Puerile? No, my good sirs and ladies; this is just dumb.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I nominate a waterpistol for really lightside players.

Let the spamming begin.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

The M249 is good, but I'd rather go for the M240B. Much more powerful :devil: And you could have special commando units armed with M4's with the availability of the SOPMOD kit.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

No offense man, but if I wanted RL guns... I'd play Call of Duty...or the other countless war games out there...

StarWars is for "blasters" and "lightsabers" and all that other 'nifty' stuff that defies all logic and physics... :devil:

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

Or how about a satellite with a giant laser that can scratch your ass from space?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

:devil:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

fn_minimi_m249.jpg

The M249 is a lightweight, individually portable machine gun capable of delivering a large volume of effective fire to support infantry squad operations. It is belt-fed, gas-operated, air cooled and fires from the open bolt position. It can be fired from the shoulder, hip, underarm, or bipod-steadied position.

It'll tear through the Jedi's robes in no time. And let's see one Jedi try to deflect all 5.56mm rounds coming at him at 915 meters/sec and 725 rounds per minute with his lightsaber. Even if he does strike a metallic round with his lightsaber, wouldn't it just turn the round into a red hot molten slug that will keep coming at the Jedi without altering the same velocity a whole lot?

Specs-

[snip]

Eddo, haven't you seen Doctor Who? A single Dalek, using a force field, completely circumvented all chemically detonated metallic projectile munitions shot at it by a squad of such machine rifles ... I'm sure a Jedi could do the same (or just use a force field).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

i always thought the bullet would get melted into oblivion, oblivion thats a kool word

but id use a atom convertor so i could fart in the direction of my enemy and itd turn into massive rayes that would burn them into the ground and smell like skittles

:rolleyes:

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

The new superweapon of KOTOR :rolleyes: :

23569ChuckiesAngel764.jpg

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

simple make 3 death stars and when the rebellion attacks kill the one being attacked then kill the rebel base, or just use easy listening muzak. :rolleyes:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam

Spam, Spam, (Lovely Spam, Wonderful Spam!) Spam, Spam

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam

(And so it goes, for a few more choruses)

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam

(Whew. Typing this song is making me hungry.)

(And so it goes. I'm off to get some Spam, Spam, egg, and Spam.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.