Anybody feel like a game of Mornington Crescent?

Well, I suppose that leaves me with little recourse other than a MacGuire Play, thus removing the Hammersmith and City line from play, at least through use of a Stanmore. That opens up a few more options, and I will therefore move to Camden Town.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

MORNINGTON CRESCENT!!! :o:)) :D (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

You should have gone Wood Green.>_<

That was fun. We could have another game later, but it works even better with four players. Jaguars4ever and Darkside, are you up for a game? Anyone else? :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

MORNINGTON CRESCENT!!! :o  :))  :D  (w00t)  (w00t)  (w00t)  (w00t)

You should have gone Wood Green.>_<

That was fun.  We could have another game later, but it works even better with four players.  Jaguars4ever and Darkside, are you up for a game?  Anyone else? :)

I'm always up for a game, but I'm still having trouble. By rules, I meant the basics. I'm assuming the goal is to get to Mornington Crescent first, but beyond that I'm lost. Perhaps I should watch a few more games, I'll join in when I can.

sig2.gif

So, shall we start over, then? Remember that anyone can feel free to join in as soon as you pick up the rules.

I believe that as the previous winner, it is Steve's turn to go first, yes?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Indeed - under the Wallington Whipping ruleset, the winner goes first. But Steve, as there's a host of new players eager to join (Darkside and Arch), may I suggest use of Begginer's rules instead? That is, no transverse blocking and half-fares on district and circle lines.

manthing2.jpg

OK.

I'll start with Colliers Wood. This opening has fallen out of fashion in recent decades, owing to the uxarian undertones, and the ease of the Antemp defense. However, recent modifications of rules (2002) allow me to deny my opponents that defense by declaring in advance that Kensington Restrictions apply. An interesting new twist to an old classic, I think.

Only rotten Vermicious Knids use the Tobermory Strategem. It'll get you nowhere faster a bowl full of Wangdoodles.

Citing the precedent of the Spanish Inquisition ammendment, players need not annouce their presence in a game until their turn comes in line, lest they give away their obvious strategy simply by declaring their candidacy to play, I shall now enter and move.

I shall open with the Beauregarde gambit, and head straight for Harrow and Wealdstone.

The Beauregarde gambit?! Damnit - but that takes you directly appex of the Bakerloo line where you now have access to Metropolitan Mugshot Maneuver...unless you go for the bypass at the Piccadilly and Circle lines en route to Mornington Crescent. Very clever.

*sighs*

I still think that move should be outlawed. If only we were using Cudlip's Ammendment Rules. Ah well, your move Reveilled. <_<

manthing2.jpg

Well, I think I have no choice but to open with the Red Baron Offence, and begin my play at Heathrow Terminals 1,2,3. I realise that this offensive strategy normally opens from Terminal 4, but with that closed until 2006, and the recent revision of the rules so removing it from play has forced a revision of the Attack. Nevertheless, being at a terminus, it severly restricts the moves for the next turn on the Picadilly line, allowing me to restrict the attacks of others, and giving me marnaple position over much of the board.

Whose move now?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

With the Piccadilly line blocked, I think the best way of countering your Red Baron Offense is by opting for the Ishihara Repost, which blocks passage through Aldgate for two moves. Therefore, I choose Greenford.

I believe that King's Cross now remains wild until an arregalic play is made - can anyone confirm this?

With the Piccadilly line blocked, I think the best way of countering your Red Baron Offense is by opting for the Ishihara Repost, which blocks passage through Aldgate for two moves.  Therefore, I choose Greenford. 

I believe that King's Cross now remains wild until an arregalic play is made - can anyone confirm this?

Assuming that we are using the latest version of the rules, this is correct, but by the same token so is Oxford Circus.

Jags' move now, correct?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Bank, is it? That may prove to be the pivotal move of the game, unless a Victane alignment is achieved within the next two plays.

I believe it's EnderWiggin's move next.

I shouldn't have been so vocal about the Beauregarde gambit. If I were more subtle, then Jaguar may not have so brilliantly called upon moving to Bank.

That's exactly why it is a gambit as opposed to a flawless manuever.

I have little option left but to head for Wembley Central, but still I like my chances.