I like coffee

Vashanti

Mmmmmmmmmmm... caffeine surging through system.

But, I only like it if I can flavor it up to make it taste better than bitter old coffee. And, now I'm out of the flavored stuff.

Definitely get the babbling buzz from coffee, but it tends to hurt my guts (chronic illness), so it's a paradox. Do I wanna be groggy, or do I wanna be in pain?

Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with coffee?

evil_twin.jpg

Definitely get the babbling buzz from coffee, but it tends to hurt my guts (chronic illness), so it's a paradox.  Do I wanna be groggy, or do I wanna be in pain?

Add some vodka to your coffee. Works wonders... :thumbsup:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I have hat same relationship, but with peyote. My mind says yes, but my body says no, and then yes, and then maybe, and finally where am I?

I think everyone has about the say reaction though

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I went through a stage where I was drinking a pint of coffee every hour. It works, but make sure you drink enough water.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I only drink milk :rolleyes:

I drank about a litre of milk a day, until I reached my mid-twenties, then I couldn't really drink it at all, unless it was in a beverage. I just didn't like it anymore. (I do like cream, though: cream on coco pops is something I treat myself to ocassionally, and cream on fresh fruit ... cream doesn't have the lactose of milk).

Coffee is just like any (psycho-active) drug, there are deminishing returns to its effects. This leads me to have days without it, gradually tapering off and on. Normally I synchronise the upswing in consumption with some particular deadline, so that I am focused at the right time (e.g. Monday and the end of the week), so I normally ease off on Wednesdays ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

*starts to get hungry*

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

A brit who doesnt drink tea? :shifty: *gasp*

I dont drink coffee or tea either, Ive understood that its something you must force yourself to drink in your late teens and if you dont, you wont be able to enjoy it for the rest of your life.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Interestingly, I was passionately addicted to coffee flavoured milk and icecream and chocolate during my formative school years, well before I ever drank coffee.

I didn't drink coffee for many, many years after starting university. In my mandatory all-nighters the night before an exam, I would decant a mixture of sugar and instant coffee in a ratio of two to one, until I made a drink that was too sweet to drink, and too bitter to drink, simultaneously. :shifty:

Much, much later I started drinking coffee again when I encountered the first of the boutique coffee houses.

It must rate as one of the most civilized drugs; certainly very useful (concetration, attention, well being), right up there with chocolate and nicotene (all they need to do is remove the smoking part, nicotene is a very powerful stimulant, taken orally via patches is a much safer, if slower, mechanism).

*goes off to make a cup of tea*

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I love dark-roasted coffees that aren't burned. I hate light roasts and will generally go without if it's my only option, unless I have a grant, publication or production deadline looming, in which case, I will suck it up and drink the caffeinated dirty sock water.

Not really sure how this happened, since where I was born and raised, the directions for making coffee are pretty much: hold ages-old can of folger's near steaming water until it turns vaguely brown. Serve lukewarm with powdered cream-substitute. Bleh. I blame my dad, who's a transplant from proper-coffee climes.

Black as hell, strong as death & sweet as love. :thumbsup:

Edited: As I'm not sure there's such a thing as powered cream-substitute. I'm not even sure I want to think about what that might entail. ;)

I don't really like coffee, but my body needs it.

So yes, it's a love/hate thing :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't have a love/hate relationship with coffee... It's ALL love, baby! Coffee is my friend. Coffee prevents me from going on killing sprees in the morning. And more importantly, coffee allows me to write late at night. :rolleyes:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I don't have a love/hate relationship with coffee... It's ALL love, baby! Coffee is my friend. Coffee prevents me from going on killing sprees in the morning. And more importantly, coffee allows me to write late at night. o:)

coffee,yeah i guess i go on an agitated rampage if my roommate drinks it all(and trust me, she'll drink alot)it the epitome of my life :rolleyes:

i prefer mountain dew or (if it was still in production :'( ) Jolt Cola Ounce for ounce these contain the most caffine but i still fall asleep after drinking them....

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I don't have a love/hate relationship with coffee... It's ALL love, baby! Coffee is my friend. Coffee prevents me from going on killing sprees in the morning. And more importantly, coffee allows me to write late at night. :)

Yes! Nectar of the Gods, and handy for preventing the odd massacre.

Certain brands of already-ground coffee do not make my stomach happy, due to non-coffee additives and filler. So it's always whole-bean, the darker the better, with one exception: Cuban coffee. Especially fine con leche, made with condensed milk, is instant addiction. I've sacrificed three expresso machines at that altar; worn them completely out. Just don't indulge if you're planning on sleeping anytime soon.

Buying Fairtrade coffee (CafeDirect) is a much better way of helping tackle poverty than today's Live8 spectacle. I prefer TeaDirect, though. :)

Didn't coffee overtake tea as Britain's favourite drink a few years ago?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)