Searching for KOTOR II Screenies...

I'm looking for some good KOTOR II screenshots that will fit a 1024x768 desktop, hi-res preferably. I saw a link to a site in someone's sig space, and it had about 2 pics I really liked to use for wallpaper. If I had the PC version of KOTOR II, I could do it myself... but I have the XBOX version, so I was hoping some of you who have the PC version could help me out, or if you know a site that has lots of good KOTOR II screenshots (other than sites like Gamespot.com, IGN.com, Lucasarts.com, etc... more like a fan site or personal site), then please let me know. I love having them on my puter at work... makes me eager to come home and play more KOTOR I & II.

Now, when I mean good screenshots, I mean ones with NONE of the onscreen menus or text boxes... just the planet & characters (and NO visors/headgear on the characters either). And Jedi with their lightsabers ignited... battle scenes would be good if it can be done without the menus and text boxes. If there's someone with the PC version who wouldn't mind doing a few "requests", there's some I'd particularly like to have. Thanks!

Unfortunately, in TSL you can't take a screenshot without the menus unless you're in 1st person view, and if that wasn't sucky enough... the game won't let you 'fight' or even walk in 1st person... The .ini hack that was possible in KotOR doesn't work with TSL...

Yet another gripe I have with TSL...

However, if you find some screenies that you like.. you could always crop out the menus and add a border so that it fills the 1024x768 dimensions.. :thumbsup:

Here's a thread that has some nice user submitted screenies. There's a few in there that are nice:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126014

I'm not sure if Obsidian's Forums here have a screenshot thread?

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

And about the screenshots... whoever is making those screenshots on that site are doing it without the menus on the screen, and the image size is 1024x768. So maybe it is possible...

I use 1600x1200 resolution and crop. You cannot get the menu's out of the screenies via the 3rd person view - however, you can take the player view into '1st person' and take menu-less screenshots of static characters and views.

Doesn't work w/action/combat however, because your character draws a saber to be 'battle ready' and this kicks you out of 1st person view.

Occasionally you can arrange to be out of trigger range when your party members are attacked and then creep up carefully to take a 1st peson screen, assuming your NPC's don't kill everything before you arrange yourself the way you want, but the timing//patience and luck involved is not worth the bother. (edit) Even pressing the 'combat stance' mode while in control of a NPC and then switching to player-character 1st person just for a lighted saber shot is difficult timing since they don't remain in that stance very long once you switch control characters.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'd also like to mention that many of the 800x600ish of my screenies, while not super-hi-res, make passable wallpaers on 1024...although if you're looking for art-like super-sharpness, that isn't there.

For that you need the original screenshot, and even then, it's not always there. heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks for replying E Motion and Lady Crimson... which I saw some of your handiwork on the website. I liked the Bao-Dur image of him with the green dual-bladed lightsaber on Dxun, and the Mira image on Dxun.

If either of you are up for requests, and I understand that battle shots might not be possible, but maybe some poses in different locations would be cool. First of all, I don't like any headgear at all, so no visors or masks please. Second, I don't know how easy/hard it'd be for either of you to have certain "exiles"... the one I liked using was the bearded white male, with the Baran Do Sage robes, cause they have a little more reddish-brown tint to it, which looks more like the robes Obi-Wan wore in Ep. III. I used a single-hilt blue lightsaber. I wouldn't mind having a few shots of that character (light side, of course) in those robes and that lightsaber on a few worlds... Dxun definitely. I can't think of a good spot, but pick somewhere that's "scenic", but still in the "tall grass". Another planet would be Telos... if you can get an image of that exile on the southern pole before entering Atris's Jedi enclave. Another would be on the bridge of the Ravenger before the encounter with Darth Nihilus... that one, get as close to him as you can without starting the battle, and take a shot from the back with his lightsaber ignited. (But make sure Nihilus can be fully seen) That one might be good to get if you can have 2 people in the picture... put the exile on one side, Bao-Dur in Ulic Qel Droma's Mesh Suit, with a single-hilt silver lightsaber on the other side, with Nihilus in the middle. That'd be awesome. I'd also like one of the exile in front of the entrance to the Trayus Academy on Malachor V... both from that one cliff that overlooks the entrance, and at the foot of the bridge that leads to the entrance. From the ledge, he can be facing the screen, but at the bridge, a back shot can be taken (always with saber ignited) as if he's preparing to enter. I'd also like some shots of Bao-Dur in different armors and lightsaber colors (Heavy Cinnagar War Suit with red single hilt lightsaber [fully dark side, if that's possible, but all others Bao-Dur images light side], Exar Kun's Light Battle Suit with viridian single hilt lightsaber, Jamoh Hogra's Battle Armor with orange or bronze single hilt lightsaber, Krath Holy Battle Suit... [or the Krath Heavy Armor... whichever one is in that one shot you have Lady Crimson... I know the other one has a some light blue "stripes" in different places that looks kinda ugly] with cyan single hilt lightsaber, the Armored Flight Suit [if he can wear it... I don't know if he can or not] with a blue lightsaber in his primary hand, and a green lightsaber [full length, not short] in the off-hand), and put each in a different environment. (Although I'm not too crazy about Iziz or Citidel Station... or Nar Shaddaa, really... except for if you had the Ebon Hawk behind you on the landing pad.) I'd like some of Atton as a Jedi in the Matukai Adept Robe with a green single hilt lightsaber, Handmaiden as a Jedi in the Handmaiden's robes with a double-bladed viridian lightsaber, and Mira as a Jedi in the Jedi robe and a single hilt purple lightsaber. Some other "environments" you could use would be like Freedon Nadd's tomb and that place on Korriban in the Shyrack Caves where you see visions of Malak & Revan. Anyway, if you can do these, great... I'd really appreciate it. If not, its ok. Thanks though. o:)

Here are a couple at the polar ice entrance to Telos Academy (I put the second in the wrong album - over eager "enter" on the upload - so it might get moved):

http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayimage.php?pos=-510

http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayimage.php?pos=-511

Let me know if those are what you're looking for.

I posted this a few days ago in the fan art section. I used the SGE to make it look like DS Kriea and F Exile were fighting on the frozen wastelands of Telos. It works well as a desktop. Well, here it is without my sig on it.. I doubt anyone wants to see "Linzee" on the bottem corner or thier desktop every day.

post-11154-1120514674_thumb.jpg

Its not the best thing in the world, but it was the closest thing I could do to making it look like a real battle

Here are a couple at the polar ice entrance to Telos Academy  (I put the second in the wrong album - over eager "enter" on the upload - so it might get moved):

E-Motion... those are EXCELLENT!! Very much what I was looking for. Although is that the cyan color crystal or the blue color crystal? Looks cyan to me... just curious. But yeah, if you could make some more like that, maybe with some of the "requests" I had, I'd REALLY appreciate it! Those 2 pics are awesome... can't wait to see more! Although I prefer more "frontal" shots than the side shot you did in the 1st link, but I like both the closer shot and the distance one too. Maybe you could do some with more than 1 character? Doesn't have to be 3, if you're using 1st person mode to get those shots... but I'd like them to both be Jedi. I really like Bao-Dur and the bearded exile, and those "requests" I put above would be awesome to have, if you don't mind doing that for me? You can post them on crimsonkeep.com so everyone can have them, and post the links to them here. And if you could pull off what wannabealoser125 did with Kreia and the exile, that'd be cool too. (I like that shot wannabealoser125, btw. Thanks!) But, anything you can do will be appreciated E-Motion! You're da bomb. :thumbsup:

Darth Nihilus... that one, get as close to him as you can without starting the battle, and take a shot from the back with his lightsaber ignited. (But make sure Nihilus can be fully seen)

http://www.crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayi...?album=16&pos=5

Best I could get. Mister Nihilus does'n't really co-operate with his Saber. And since (without mods) you are Forced upon Visas and Mandolore the request beneath Might be very hard...

That one might be good to get if you can have 2 people in the picture... put the exile on one side, Bao-Dur in Ulic Qel Droma's Mesh Suit, with a single-hilt silver lightsaber on the other side, with Nihilus in the middle. That'd be awesome.

I'd also like one of the exile in front of the entrance to the Trayus Academy on Malachor V... both from that one cliff that overlooks the entrance, and at the foot of the bridge that leads to the entrance. From the ledge, he can be facing the screen, but at the bridge, a back shot can be taken (always with saber ignited) as if he's preparing to enter.

Note that if you want this the HUD will apear. Since the Exile is alone, First Person doesn't allow him to get onscreen and without HUD...

Anyways, also check out the Group pictures.

http://www.crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/thumbnails.php?album=19

There are usually some nice poses on from several Chars, without HUD and such...

Thanks Battlewookiee... I saw that one, but I wasn't partial to it. And I thought taking Visas was optional... I've always chosen to take her, but I thought there was a dialogue option to not take her. I dunno... but I understand what you mean about the Malachor V pics... I forgot about that. :wub: Oh well.

But E Motion, if you wanna do some of those pics for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Here are a couple at the polar ice entrance to Telos Academy  (I put the second in the wrong album - over eager "enter" on the upload - so it might get moved):

E-Motion... those are EXCELLENT!! Very much what I was looking for. Although is that the cyan color crystal or the blue color crystal? Looks cyan to me... just curious. But yeah, if you could make some more like that, maybe with some of the "requests" I had, I'd REALLY appreciate it! Those 2 pics are awesome... can't wait to see more! Although I prefer more "frontal" shots than the side shot you did in the 1st link, but I like both the closer shot and the distance one too. Maybe you could do some with more than 1 character? Doesn't have to be 3, if you're using 1st person mode to get those shots... but I'd like them to both be Jedi. I really like Bao-Dur and the bearded exile, and those "requests" I put above would be awesome to have, if you don't mind doing that for me? You can post them on crimsonkeep.com so everyone can have them, and post the links to them here. And if you could pull off what wannabealoser125 did with Kreia and the exile, that'd be cool too. (I like that shot wannabealoser125, btw. Thanks!) But, anything you can do will be appreciated E-Motion! You're da bomb. :p

You've got a good eye for color! Yes one or both of those were cyan. Will get you some more with blue, prolly tomorrow (will let you know here when done). Will try to do the multiple Jedi too. The CrimsonKeep site is really great - uploads go easy and fast - wouldn't be able to do this otherwise. Here are a couple of Dxun shots.

http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayimage.php?pos=-513

http://crimsonkeep.com/kotor2/displayimage.php?pos=-514

I have a save game right before entering Nihil's area...I'll try to get something from there (w/some editor chr. skin help heh) and maybe Dxun, if E-Motion doesn't beat me to it time-wise. :lol:

If I remember right tho you can't really get too close to Nihil before the trigger - he won't be very 'big' in the image.

I have a save game right before entering Nihil's area...I'll try to get something from there (w/some editor chr. skin help heh) and maybe Dxun, if E-Motion doesn't beat me to it time-wise. >_<

If I remember right tho you can't really get too close to Nihil before the trigger - he won't be very 'big' in the image.

That's ok, Lady... as long as you can see him, that'd be fine with me. I know you can't get too close... I just thought it'd be a neat shot. And E-Motion beat you to the Dxun shots, but you can still do some too... I really like Dxun images. Maybe you can do some from the time you have to go to Dxun and enter Freedon Nadd tomb?

E-Motion: Those pics are like you read my mind! I really appreciate you taking the time to do these for me... and if you come up with any ideas that you think would look cool, by all means, please do. All I really ask is that it involves "Jedi/Sith", cause I like looking at lightsabers while I'm working. :D But these 2 Dxun shots are incredible... thanks a lot! I hope I'm not asking too much of you, but you really deliver the goods! (And Lady does too, let's not forget her!)

So, thank you both for doing this for me, and I look forward to seeing more!

You can always use Force Confussion (That's how I did it)

Only 2 drawbacks:

The guy has a big save, loads of Wis/Cha objects are needed (or a wis/cha oriented PC)

And ofcourse (like seen in my pic) the "Friendly" Nihilus turns his Lightsaber off REAL quick (A lot faster than Sion atleast. I have him with Full Lightsaber Ignited...)

And E-Motion beat you to the Dxun shots,

E's most likely to beat me to everything else too...heh

These aren't the best, I'm still working on positioning etc. but they show you about how close I can get to the Man In Black. The problem (IMO) is that he's in a black robe against a black background so he just kind of shows up as a tiny shadow.

http://crimsonkeep.com/images/kotor2/kb-kotor2-221a.jpg

http://crimsonkeep.com/images/kotor2/kb-kotor2-222a.jpg

Edit -- I'm not sure if you wanted the front-side or backside of the characters....you said 'from the back'...but...

These aren't the best, I'm still working on positioning etc. but they show you about how close I can get to the Man In Black. The problem (IMO) is that he's in a black robe against a black background so he just kind of shows up as a tiny shadow.

Wait, whats Bao-Dur doing on the Ravager?! :blink:

There's what I consider to be a better Ravager bridge screen up on the site now, under wallpaper/general. Let me know if you want something different than that.

Edit  -- I'm not sure if you wanted the front-side or backside of the characters....you said 'from the back'...but...

Wow, Lady C... you've beaten E-Motion to the punch this time. :) I do like those shots, although you got the lightsaber colors backwards. (The exile is supposed to have the blue lightsaber and Bao-Dur is supposed to have the silver...) But still, you did a good job. I did mean their backs when I said "from the back"... I like most of my shots from the front like you did, but I wanted this one like they were approaching him with their lightsabers ignited, exactly like you have in http://crimsonkeep.com/images/kotor2/kb-kotor2-221a.jpg ... just with them facing Darth Nihilus... and the lightsabers switched. But I am still grateful for you even attempting these shots... and I'll add those to my collection, cause my work puter has a screen saver that randomly selects pictures from the folder I have all these KOTOR/KOTOR II images in, so I use them for both the wallpaper & the screen saver. So they won't go to waste! :wacko: But I'd like to see more of those images I suggested (different versions of Bao-Dur... {quote from my "request" post: Heavy Cinnagar War Suit with red single hilt lightsaber [fully dark side, if that's possible, but all others Bao-Dur images light side], Exar Kun's Light Battle Suit with viridian single hilt lightsaber, Jamoh Hogra's Battle Armor with orange or bronze single hilt lightsaber, Krath Holy Battle Suit... [or the Krath Heavy Armor... whichever one is in that one shot you have Lady Crimson... I know the other one has a some light blue "stripes" in different places that looks kinda ugly] with cyan single hilt lightsaber, the Armored Flight Suit [if he can wear it... I don't know if he can or not] with a blue lightsaber in his primary hand, and a green lightsaber [full length, not short] in the off-hand}, etc.) Exar Kun's Light Battle Suit is the brown one, right? If you could, when you try that Nihilus shot again, put Bao-Dur in Exar Kun's Light Battle Suit with a viridian single hilt lightsaber... and maybe get a front shot like the one you did above, then do the back shot.

Thank you guys so much for doing this... I really appreciate it! I wish I could do something in return... although I don't know what. But if you guys ever need anything I can help with, you got it. :D Keep 'em comin' Lady & E-Motion!