Kreia is Handmaiden's mum?!?!?!

it's pretty long I admit tho I read them all. anyway, shw would have been around 40 , but yeah, maybe she was younger, you know what the darkside can do to a person, and disciple say something like that in one cut scene if your male "you, I remember you, even with the damage of the darkside" it'Ms not that, but the point is the same

Well I think having Kreia as Handmaiden's mum is :) , and for a game where things have been designed to be unpredictable I think this is just trying too hard.

btw, if Kreia was more archives shouldn't she be wearing Atris style robes (or maybe have the etchings on her hair ties)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

she died in malachor.

I can't believe I'm making a small case for it to be true! :-

One of the masters, I think Vrook, says when Kreia walks in something like "I thought you died at Malachor V". They thought she was dead, and so did Handmaiden.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

One of the masters, I think Vrook, says when Kreia walks in something like "I thought you died at Malachor V". They thought she was dead, and so did Handmaiden.

The operative word there is thought. They exiled Kreia and never saw her again. It is reasonable for them to assume that she followed Revan to war and died there, but it doesn't make it true, nor does it require you to believe that the Master who said that was lying, in order to believe Kreia's version of events.

The official version of the story is that Kreia did not fight at Malachor, which blows the whole Kreia is Kae thing right out of the water.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Handmaiden's mom's name is Arren Kae, who is a jedi knight and she died in malachor. Influence..influence..it's enough for this information

Yes, we all know that. The real question is this threat is: Is Kreia Arren Kae?

we all know arren kae is death and she is jedi knight not a consular like Kreia and there is no way Kreia is handmaiden's mom, Kreia talks about training handmaiden,because if exile trains her she will be more powerful and she doesn't want a strong ally for exile."MANIPULATING" is the key word for kreia's every action

Actually, all Jedi are considered Jedi Knights, not just the warrior type Guardians. But as w666tvr said,

The official version of the story is that Kreia did not fight at Malachor, which blows the whole Kreia is Kae thing right out of the water.

Yay! :thumbsup: , now I can sleep easy at night. lol

sigpic0yb.jpg

yussanis , handmaiden's father, she says he came back from the war changed, silent, he wouldnt talk of what happened, and I doubt the handmaiden would mention that her mother body was never found. what is yussanis lover simply turned to the darkside? kreia said that she returned to malachor V to see why revan have fallen, but we dont know when exactly, and I doubt yussanis would have survived if they had go there during the mass shadow generator.

Sorry, can't agree. >_< Maybe 'Kreia' did not fight, but 'Kae' did, up to the point where she disappeared forever. The timeline is too murky to be of any real help, and appearances can be deceiving due to darkside, disease, and mileage. But the game specifically mentions and emphasizes Kae's name and history over Revan's other masters, and there are way too many references and coincidences between the two to ignore. It would explain a great many things, such as Kreia's personal hatred for the Council and Atris' disdain in particular. ("That is not her name."--Atris) If that is true, then what WAS Kreia's real name? Since Kreia was one of the main characters in the game, wasn't that information we did need to know? Why even mention it?

I believe the problem is that in trying to be subtle, the point was lost--there was just not enough to infer a definite conclusion. Maybe CA didn't want to give away the store, but one more line, or a slightly different wording might have done the trick. But in the end, it makes no difference, one way or the other. It's only a question of character motivation/backstory.

The operative word there is thought. They exiled Kreia and never saw her again. It is reasonable for them to assume that she followed Revan to war and died there, but it doesn't make it true, nor does it require you to believe that the Master who said that was lying, in order to believe Kreia's version of events.

Kreia's in-game answer to Kavar's query "I thought you died at Malachor V" is "Died, no. Became stronger, yes." This would seem to officially support the proposition that Kreia was present at Malachor V.

I think now we're just digging too deep into the game's plotholes. If Kreia had indeed been handmaiden's mother, we would have seen better evidence for it either in the game or the cut content. There are too many inconsistancies for Kreia to be Handmaiden's mother, anyway. One of them being that Kreia was a historian and a Jedi Master/council member (it says so on the canon) and Kae was a Jedi Knight. If I find a link to it, I'll post it.

Besides, I doubt even Obsidian would be so shallow as to use the "I am your parent! Hahahaha!" theme again for Star Wars. If they did want to, they obviously changed it in the stages of development.

Kreia's in-game answer to Kavar's query "I thought you died at Malachor V" is "Died, no. Became stronger, yes."  This would seem to officially support the proposition that Kreia was present at Malachor V.

The official version of events, is that Kreia followed in Revan's footsteps after her exile. She never caught up with him, arriving on the surface of Malachor long after the final battle had been fought. There she found the old academy and fell to the darkside. So yes, she has been there, but no she didn't fight there. Which is, of course, the basic requirement for her being Kae.

I think now we're just digging too deep into the game's plotholes.  If Kreia had indeed been handmaiden's mother, we would have seen better evidence for it either in the game or the cut content.

Agreed. E_Motion's post is consistant with so many of the Kae is Kreia posts. Lines taken out of context, and laden with more meaning than they were ever intended to convey. Kae's history is in the game because she is Brianna's mother, and history needs to be given. There is no requirement for some deep, dark reason for this.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

The official version of events, is that Kreia followed in Revan's footsteps after her exile. She never caught up with him, arriving on the surface of Malachor long after the final battle had been fought. There she found the old academy and fell to the darkside. So yes, she has been there, but no she didn't fight there. Which is, of course, the basic requirement for her being Kae.

I see what you are saying. Nevertheless even your version of events doesn't preclude the possibility that Kreia fought on Malachor V (She could have been there more than once). Moreover, your explanation of Kreia's response isn't particularly reasonable in the context of the question, which you agree implies a belief that she was present for the Malachor V battle (there is certainly no basis in the game to presume that the Jedi Masters would have known of Kreia's later activities in the Trayus Academy on Malachor V).

Agreed. E_Motion's post is consistant with so many of the Kae is Kreia posts. Lines taken out of context, and laden with more meaning than they were ever intended to convey.

Do you use your mindreading powers to ascertain the writer's intent? Or maybe you claim to be the writer?

And btw, it was you who interpreted a question in a manner fully inconsistent with the answer here:

I merely pointed out that your interpretation was inconsistent in the entire context of the passage, which included Kreia's answer (which is not as you claim, inconsistent with Kavar's question).

I see what you are saying.  Nevertheless even your version of events doesn't preclude the possibility that Kreia fought on Malachor V (She could have been there more than once).

So, the statement that something didn't happen, but that something else did, doesn't preclude the possibility of something that didn't happen, happening? What? I was just repeating the canon, here, and it says no. Who knows what it would have said if the storyline was fully explored?

Moreover, your explanation of Kreia's response isn't particularly reasonable in the context of the question, which you agree implies a belief that she was present for the Malachor V battle

I didn't agree that at all. Kavar assumes she went to Malachor with Revan, but only says he thought she died on Malachor. He doesn't know where she went or with whom, and as such his assumption isn't evidence. However, by chance, she did go to Malachor by herself, so replies to the statement he voiced, not the assumption that he didn't. No inconsistency there at all.

Do you use your mindreading powers to ascertain the writer's intent? Or maybe you claim to be the writer?

Nothing in the conversation quoted demonstrates that Kreia fought at Malachor. There is one interpretation that can be read as such, but you would need supporting evidence (not to mention a different canon) before you could hang an argument off of it. Two lines out of context are not an argument; no mind reading required. I don't need to know the intent to argue that there are different interpretations; you do need to know the intent to argue only one interpretation applies, in the absence of evidence.

I merely pointed out that your interpretation was inconsistent in the entire context of the passage, which included Kreia's answer (which is not as you claim, inconsistent with Kavar's question).

When I said "in order to believe Kreia's version of events", I wasn't referring to her reply to Kavar, but her conversation with the Exile about Revan, where she claims (in support of the canon) that after Revan came to see her before leaving the Jedi order she hadn't had any further contact with him.

every jedi is a jedi knight, but remember what disciple says

"revan had many master, zhar, (someone else), master kae, before kae left for the war"

Isn't that just a gloriously unhelpful line? What does it mean? Remember Disciples' comments about his own master to be dying at Malachor? Are we to assume that that was Kae? But Kae was exiled before the war, so that makes Disciples' line contradictory whatever he meant. She simply wasn't a master anymore.

He lists three masters, but three is not many. Two are significant because they were members of the Jedi Council which makes the exile of Kreia as being solely responsible for the corruption of Revan somewhat unreasonable. Kae is significant as Handmaidens mother. None of these require any other reason to be mentioned.

The fact that no other woman is listed doesn't mean that there wasn't another. The use of the word many implies that there were others. Indeed, there is a line that wasn't used in the game where Disciple can't remember Revans first master (which we know was Kreia) but still remembers Kae. The assumption here is that Kreia is putting the whammy on him to cloud his memory, yet he still remembers Kreia as Kae which is how he would have known her at the academy? I read this as evidence that the first master isn't Kae, but I have seen it presented the other way, too. Vive la difference.

Hmmm.

My original post was my view that the Kreia is Kae storyline was a possible cut, but the state of the game as released offers too many contradictions to support the idea now. My second post was just to offer the canon view of Kreia's involvement with Malachor.

I have no real interest in getting into a p*ssing contest over this. You think one thing, I think another. Like I said, vive la difference. Until a dev confirms it one way or another, we'll never know. All I do know now, is that the TSL Restoration Project has turned up no other cut material to support it.

Still, how can you explain Kreia's obvious old age? Handmaiden is very young, early 20's I believe. How could an old bat like Kreia be Handmaidens mother? <_<

... look at the picture in your current sig.

I think I understand what you're saying. I suppose it is possible that she isn't actually that old, just deformed like palpy.

in the cut dialogue, disciple says that kae was to be his master but never came back from the war, but this is a contradiction to the game when he say that he wanted to be exile's padawan and when she left for the war he knew that she was right and decide not to become a jedi.