Kreia is Handmaiden's mum?!?!?!

So I've been hearing that Kreia is actually the Handmaidens mother, forgot the name now. Anyhow, is this true? How does anyone come to such a conclusion? I've never had Kreia tell me that. I thought Handmaiden's mother died on Malachor....

There was a large thread about this topic, but I'm too lazy to dig it up.

It went quite indepth, with the thread originator putting quite a bit of effort and evidence forward towards her argument.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Kreia:Handmaiden,I am your mother!...................

Handmaiden:No, thats not true thats impossible! *Darth Vader music playing in backround*

Kreia:Search your feelings, you know it to be true........

Handmaiden:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

(w00t)

It is not entirely unreasonable to suppose that Obsidian/LucasArts considered a story line whereby Kreia was Kae, for that Empire Strikes Back moment (and to tie her more firmly to both the betrayal of Handmaiden and Disciple if Kae was to be his master).

But it would appear to have been abandoned early, leaving few traces. As the game shipped there is far too much evidence to the contrary; Kreia not fighting in the Mandalorian wars, being exiled at the wrong time for the wrong reason, being the wrong age, Disciple knowing Kae but not Kreia whilst Kreia is putting the whammy on him, and so on. Most of the evidence supporting is based open a lax interpretation; a Disciple line that isn't even in the game, his listing of Jedi Masters training Revan that only includes one woman: Kae, Kreias off-key comments about herself and the Handmaiden, etc...

Basically you can argue it both ways and never be completely wrong.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Of course but if you say that the old witch is the baboon's mum, you make the most sense.

And I don't think Obsidian would dare such a story.

Oooor, it could be like Luke and Leia (Disciple and Handmaiden would be brother and sister)...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

But...how...? Kreia is absoutely ancient!! When you're old, you look old. And apparently Kreia still looked the same way she did at the Sion-Nihilus-Stab-In-The-Back cutscene. Let's say Handmaiden is about 20... :rolleyes: Okay, very bad mental image starting to come to my head... (basically why would Handmaiden's father even think of Kreia... I'll stop there)

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

It's not possible because isn't Handmaiden Echani?! Kreia, last time I checked, is in the ungodly-annoying-Jedi-turning-Sith catagory. <_<

If you read the dialogues, you will see that the reason Brianna is "the last of the handmaidens" is because she was born from their mutual father's second partner, a Jedi named Kae.

The thread was about twenty pages long, and it was quite evident that the evidence was there, and in fact it was more likely as not that this was the case, but that it was never fully scripted into the game (whether for lack of time or plot re-negotiation was obviously up for debate).

Forna K. Shan's thread (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>) on 10 March.

The Search function is your friend. I have included the first post of the thread, below.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

[Edit: I hope nobody minds that I've editted the title of this thread to reflect that it overwhelmingly deals with only the first of the 2 Questions I was originally asking.]

Kreia was Handmaidens mother, right?

I just assumed that when Kavar said to her, "I thought you died on Malachor V" that he was referring to Master Kae, Handmaiden's mom.  Besides Kreia acknowledged being one of Revan's Masters and elsewhere Master Kae was mentioned as being one of Revan's Masters.  Even Sion refers to Kreia's hopes to train one as great as her former apprentice (Revan).  And when Kreia speaks of have the galaxy by the throat at one time, I suppose she meant through Revan.  And then there's all the complicated emotions that Kreia always reveals whenever Handmaiden is mentioned including her exclamation of "betrayal" when Handmaiden accepts Jedi training.  Oh yeah, and they both have white hair.  :p

This was the second question:  The droid factory should have been under the abandoned military base on Telos, right?

After listening to the unused HK-47 sound clip that camicortes posted a while back, it's quite clear that the factory was supposed to be on Telos.  It just seemed odd that the HK-50 units that arrived just after you depart the underground base seem to be making a routine visit, like they're there quite regularly.  They react like their home has been ransacked.  Perhaps that unusable door leading to the sublevel originally lead to the droid factory.

Thoughts?  :ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think Kreia is Handmaiden's grandmother, but she doesn't want to tell anybody for mysterious, Kreia reasons. I also think the loss of her daughter, Handmaiden's mother, caused her to hate The Force. She believes it murdered her daughter, or at least, is responsible for her death.

eh....If that were the case she'd probaly have little trouble killing Atton outright.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

read the entire thread in the link that's where they explain it all....

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.