Conspiracies: Are they real?

11XHooah

Kaftan: sorry. I really didn't mean to be obnoxious or anything. I know it looks funky, but at the same time I do think we must draw a clear line around any of the paraphernalia of the Nazi war machine. There is far to much closet idolising of organisation likes the waffen SS, who were not nearly so elite as people think, and IMO it is unhealthy.

From what I've read about them, they were pretty elite. In the sense that they were extremely loyal (fanatism can be extremely useful, in a twisted way), and since they were Hitlers darlings, they were supplied with the most advanced weapons/equipment/uniforms he could get them. If I remember correctly they also recieved ekstra training, but near the end of the war there was not enough time to properly train them.

I have to say though I WANT THAT HAT! No more briefing jitters wearing that monstrosity on your noggin. 

Those Germans sure know hats n helmets, how about this one? Or better yet, his moustache!

pf98221670.jpg - Good ol' Kaiser Wilhelm II. :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Kaftan: sorry. I really didn't mean to be obnoxious or anything. I know it looks funky, but at the same time I do think we must draw a clear line around any of the paraphernalia of the Nazi war machine. There is far to much closet idolising of organisation likes the waffen SS, who were not nearly so elite as people think, and IMO it is unhealthy.

I sort of agree that it is unhealthy. Sure, Rommel and Manstein were great generals who commanded the most technologicly advanced army of the time etc. but they were still ultimately fighting for the most heinious regime weve seen in the past 500 years. And its perverse to glorify war in any form.

I suppose its the old "duality of man" thingie, again..

Thought: why not get your own uniform made? It could be cut perfectly for you, and incorporate all sorts of stuff.

Well, that would somewhat defeat any historical value, I think :D

Lucius> regarding the Waffen-SS, some units of some of the Panzer divisions were definently crack troops(such as the 101st "Schwere" tank group os the 1st division) but there were many units who lacked both proper equipment aswellas training. The many volunteer or foreign divisions are good examples. So the Waffen-SS contained both the best and the worst units of the wehrmacht.

The political fanatiscism is also questionable because many joined simply because the WSS offered more opportunities for officers(as it was a fresh organisation without the rigid traditions of the Heer) and its "elite reputation, and the fact that a soldier in the WSS was virtually always better fed and equipped than a regular soldier.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from vacation and read these posts. I think that some people are forgetting the time it takes to fire a weapon. The 4.6 secs is irrelevant because you also have to take time to aim because this was in fact a moving target. Although the car wasnt moving very fast it was moving so he would have to load aim and fire. He could aim while loading but that might add time to his loading or he could look at the bullet and load but that would lengthen the time to aim. :D

He did miss his second shot didn't he?

How much of the adjustment could be compensated for while pulling back the bolt? Surely he'd have an idea, based on how the second shot missed, of where he should be pointing the rifle by the time he was done reloading.

And maybe he was a particularly talented marksman(?)

It has been said that he was a good marksman. By Marine Corps standards, I barely qualified, but I'm blind and I can't see the targets I'm shooting at from 500m.

The really good marksman in the Marine Corps consistently group shots at 1000m.

Then again, by Army standards I would have been a Sharpshooter.

I saw a recent reconstruction, where the producer / creative-guy had a marine sharpshooter test the possibility under near-identical conditions. And he did it with his eyes closed and one hand tied behind his back.

Go and look elsewhere for holes in the official explanation, there is definitely nothing to see here.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It would be pretty near impossible to fire a bolt-action rifle with one arm and adequately aim. Marksmanship is all about good natural bone support, and keeping the rifle steady. The point is to eliminate all unnecessary movement to be consistent, and then adjusting your tight grouping to the target.

If you want to argue Marine Corps sharpshooting, then don't argue with a Marine.

It would be pretty near impossible to fire a bolt-action rifle with one arm and adequately aim.  Marksmanship is all about good natural bone support, and keeping the rifle steady.  The point is to eliminate all unnecessary movement to be consistent, and then adjusting your tight grouping to the target.

If you want to argue Marine Corps sharpshooting, then don't argue with a Marine.

It was a marine sharpshooter that did it though :D

Let's backup for one second.

You don't seem to want to believe the countless people who have broken down the physics and scoff at the Warren Commission's report that there was one shooter. Fine.

Reconcile this.

Roscoe White was a Dallas police officer, who fled the scene of the shooting, and while pursued by another officer (who didn't know who he was pursuing) fired a couple shots to get away. Roscoe White ended up killing a local police officer, and a friend.

Roscoe White posed for photographs holding a rifle and communist newspapers. Those same photographs were later faked to make it appear that it was Oswald.

The day of the shooting, Dallas police officers were called off duty, and security was intentionally lessened, despite rumors that Kennedy had pissed everyone off from the mafia, conservatives, and Cuba.

A newspaper in Australia reported the shooting 12 hours before it happened, and the FBI was handed a parcel with an orgy of evidence framing Oswald before the shooting ever happened.

An assassin was lined up for Oswald, and everything was covered up within hours.

Who in the world would have a boatload of evidence, including the faked photographs of Oswald, and why would they believe he was going to kill the President, and why turn all that in 1 day before the killings?

Considering someone had all this evidence, and the FBI had the evidence a day before the shooting, and Roscoe White is somehow involved even if only so much as to pose for those photos, then why was security lessened and no one did anything to protect the President's life?

And why did Roscoe White then confess to being a shooter?

Add those up for me and tell me that you can honesty believe there was no conspiracy.

Yes, sadly the party is over. But there may be others :p Anyway, who here thinks that bigfoot exists? I'm skeptical about it. If there is one, I'm going to hunt it down and mount it on my wall :D

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Yes, sadly the party is over. But there may be others :p Anyway, who here thinks that bigfoot exists? I'm skeptical about it. If there is one, I'm going to hunt it down and mount it on my wall :D

You can then hunt me :p , size of my foot is: US - 15

UK - 14

European - 49.5

I don't think theres really any doubt that the Kennedy assassination had an elaborate coverup to conceal who really did it. I've been to the book repository in Dallas and looked out the window, and where it doesn't seem impossible, it at best is very unlikely.

Like most people who believe in the conspiracy, I also think that it was a collaboration between the U.S. military, the Republican Party, and weapons contractors, whom of course have been in bed together ever since.

I also think this was a turning point of American history from which when the American Empire is looked back upon will be decisively where things went wrong. I always look at "hippies" with angry eyes because they where there when it happened, they where living in the moment that I couldn't touch and they didn't put a stop to it.

I always remember the Hunter Thompson quote:

"And that, I think, was the handle---that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting---on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark---the place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yes, sadly the party is over. But there may be others :thumbsup: Anyway, who here thinks that bigfoot exists? I'm skeptical about it. If there is one, I'm going to hunt it down and mount it on my wall :D

You can then hunt me :( , size of my foot is: US - 15

UK - 14

European - 49.5

Don't worry, I won't hunt you :shifty: :D

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

Yes, sadly the party is over. But there may be others :thumbsup: Anyway, who here thinks that bigfoot exists? I'm skeptical about it. If there is one, I'm going to hunt it down and mount it from behind :D

Uh ya......thats fixed

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I don't know if you all have seen the famous video of bigfoot walking, but my old geometry teacher used to walk like that...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I havent heard from ole' Volo in a while. Maybe he has been living in the wilderness...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yes, sadly the party is over. But there may be others :thumbsup: Anyway, who here thinks that bigfoot exists? I'm skeptical about it. If there is one, I'm going to hunt it down and mount it from behind :D

Uh ya......thats fixed

:shifty: I guess I left myself open there for editing by other users. Good one :D

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--