Conspiracies: Are they real?

11XHooah

I guess I should have posted a more complete quote:

The relative positions of President Kennedy and Governor Connally at the time when the President was struck in the neck confirm that the same bullet probably passed through both men. Pictures taken of the President's limousine on November 22, 1963, showed that the Governor sat immediately in front of the President.

The same report also says an expert might lessen the time to 2.3 seconds between shots.

OK, so you start with a loaded gun, fire a shot... reload, then fire again, 2.3 seconds later. elapsed time so far is 2.3 seconds. reload, then fire again, 2.3 seconds later. elapsed time is now 4.6 seconds, and 3 shots have been fired. oddly, in less than 5 seconds. a feat previously thought impossible because...?

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The same report also says an expert might lessen the time to 2.3 seconds between shots.

OK, so you start with a loaded gun, fire a shot... reload, then fire again, 2.3 seconds later. elapsed time so far is 2.3 seconds. reload, then fire again, 2.3 seconds later. elapsed time is now 4.6 seconds, and 3 shots have been fired. oddly, in less than 5 seconds. a feat previously thought impossible because...?

...because somebody thought it toook 6.9 seconds....?

Ah, the power of numeracy ... :huh:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Bullets can change direction in the human body. Its because liquids in our body that can add uneven pressure on the projectile.  You also bullets bouncing off bones that can change the path.

You can always try yourself.

http://www.jfkreloaded.com/start/

A game that re-enacts the JFK shooting? That's pretty f*cking sick.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

The biggest problem with the JFK conspiracy is that it has been comprehensively disproved, yet most members of the US get their history not from officially-sanctioned sources, like the History Channel, but from people like Oliver Stone, who's primary goal is to create an interesting piece of drama, not an historical re-enactment.

(That, and I hate most of what Kevin Costner does.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

taks

There is a technical term for this. I believe it is "pwned". :thumbsup:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Bullets can change direction in the human body. Its because liquids in our body that can add uneven pressure on the projectile.  You also bullets bouncing off bones that can change the path.

You can always try yourself.

http://www.jfkreloaded.com/start/

A game that re-enacts the JFK shooting? That's pretty f*cking sick.

I thought the same thing at first. When I thought about it its no worst then movies or books done for profit. If it gets people to study history and learn about history I don't see the problem.

SIck? how so? it was an important historic event involving a well known public figure, a couple of films have been made about so i'd say its fair game for a... umm... game.

The game is completely disrespectful.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

SIck? how so? it was an important historic event involving a well known public figure, a couple of films have been made about so i'd say its fair game for a... umm... game.

The game is completely disrespectful.

I think that depends on the attitude in which it was created. AFAIK, the developers were (allegedly) motivated to create a groundswell of interest in the general public to research the historical facts, not just out to make a name for being contraversial. (I'm not so na

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

actually kevin Costners little magic bullet theory is wrong because the mayor (or was it govenor?) was actually sitting lower and to the left of kennedy by just a little bit. I'm surprised that nobody bothered to mention XIII the game because that's one heck of a rip off from the kennady assanination. (Plot= you have ameisa and you look like a clone of the guy who killed the president. it's a screwy game)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

...becuase somebody thought it toook 6.9 seconds....?

yeah, well, the 5 seconds was from the first to the last bullet. since the first was the start, it had already been fired, which means it's load time did not count. the only time that counts is between the 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd...

it's also called math. :(

taks

PS: the "somebody" that thought it took 6.9 s is where my sarcasm goes... not you, flatus, unless of course you were the somebody? :lol:

comrade taks... just because.

Is it more disrespectful then war games on bloody battles in the in U.S./world history?

I don't know. But at least most war games provide some educational value. Like the MOH series. Someone with poor knowledge on the events of World War 2 could pick up that game and learn something from it. And war games allow you to relive the events to give you an understanding of what kind of hell those Soldiers had to endure. This game however just shows you what it's like to assassinate a President.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Is it more disrespectful then war games on bloody battles in the in U.S./world history?

Probably because its about a specific person. War games tend to be more about the event rather than about specific individuals.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think some might feel Viet Nam games are rather insensitive given the actions of US troops in Viet Nam. We're making heroes out of people that perhaps shouldn't be idolized, and making villians out of people that perhaps shouldn't be villianized. Sadly, given the tone and audience of such a game, I think it has a much worse affect on the public. People take that game seriously.

A JFK assassination reenactment won't be taken too seriously by most people. Exploitation tactics are often obvious in their tactics. When you go out of your way for shock value, you lose credibility.

My favourite quote from Unforgiven is when English Bob is ranting about the US President being shot, and how it wouldn't happen if you had a monarch. It goes something like.

"I can assure you that if you did [point a gun at the Queen] the sight of royalty would

cause you to dismiss all thoughts of bloodshed and

you would stand - how shall I put it? - in awe.

Now a president? I mean, why NOT shoot a president?"

On JFK, I know bullets behave strangely while passing through the different tissues of the human body. But they don't turn right round and come out the same direction they went in. Nor do they wait moments before passing into another individual as can be seen on the footage.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.