Regarding the ending...

I found it kinda odd that there's a cutscene where G0-T0 stuns Bao-Dur's remote, says something about not destroying the planet, then...The planet gets destroyed when you defeat Treya anyway, with no further explanation. Is there something there that got cut from the final ending?

Yup. HK-47 was supposed to jump in and save the day (LS) or side with G0-T0 and destroy the remote (DS).

However, this involved understanding of certain things about the HK-50s that were revealed in the HK Factory. The HK Factory was cut from the game, so this scene didn't make sense and it was cut, too. Not that what was left made any more sense...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

How could that little remote destroy a big death ball (caus' GOTO looks like the deathstar)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Especially as G0-T0 had put the 'fluence on him in the earlier cutscene in the Hawk's engine room. The remote was - as G0-T0 says - unable to move, much less beat him.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

How could that little remote destroy a big death ball (caus' GOTO looks  like the deathstar)

Because of the extra modifications Bao-Dur commented he was going to make to the remote when Go-To joined the party.

Yes, I know it would have been better if we actually saw this in action, but that's what was hinted was the case if LS.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

still it pisses me off to no end that Lucasarts cheated us,damn them! :angry:

Yeah, it's all Lucas Arts' fault. Obsidian are the real victims here. :rolleyes:

Exactly, Obsidian is great but Lucasarts can eat **** for all i care, unless they make a hell of a good sequel to K2 then as far as i am concerned they cheated me :angry:

How could that little remote destroy a big death ball

In my own personal version of events, I decided that even mild-mannered Bao-Dur probably couldn't bear being ordered around by GOTO and installed a kill switch during GOTO's upgrades. :rolleyes:"

I do rather like the idea of HK annihilating the "fat one," however. Anyone know if there was enough content done for it to be included in the restoration mod?