Best Video Game Lines/Moments!

Draken

Hello all! :( I'd just like to hear your opinions on what the best video game lines/moments is. It could be funny, sad, happy, emotional, whatever you like. It could even mean something personal to you! Please post, and I'll start us off. A warning: Most

Grand Theft Auto 3

-When you first hijack a Tank. It felt like I was king of the world, destroying cars, shooting helicopters...but then I exited the tank... :huh:

-When Donald Love is telling you about a mission, and then says "Experience has taught me that a man like you can be very loyal for the right price." That made me realise that the "Gta 3 guy" was only in it for the cash.

Metal Gear Solid

-When Pycho Mantis "Read my mind". Now it seems corny, but back then, I was scared outta my socks.

That's all I got for now. Please post yoursand relive your best gaming moments!

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Go Here

:huh: I beat you to it a few days ago...

Different topic, entirely.

One of my favorite lines:

"You wanna know what the difference is between you now and the you five minutes ago? The you five minutes ago had five minutes to live!"

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Some of my favorite video game moments came from the running O.J. Simpson trial gag in Duke Nukem 3d. The "Innocent?" and "GUILTY!" billboards, the car chase on TV at the bar...Ah, my introduction to topical humor.

There were so many other hidden gags in that game, from the Quake and Doom one-liners to "celebrity" cameos.

"We meet again, Dr. Jones!" :cool:

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Go Here

;) I beat you to it a few days ago...

Different topic, entirely.

One of my favorite lines:

"You wanna know what the difference is between you now and the you five minutes ago? The you five minutes ago had five minutes to live!"

i would think vvideo game moments fits pretty well into that category...this one is lines/moments.

TO Draken: Good job if you thought of the same idea as me you must be smart. o:)

j/k :p

I can't recal my favorite right now (there's just so many classics), but I rather liked the email on one of the PDA's in Doom 3. "Thanks Uncle Ted for all the cool new games. I really like Quake 43!"

sig2.gif

"Boo says, 'Whaaaaaaaaat?'"

Much more obscure, another would be "That signpost up ahead? You have now entered the File Sorting Zone"

And from The Curse of Monkey Island there are so goddamn many.

"Funny, I didn't think you could die in a LucasArts Adventure Game."

"Could you pick me up so I can bite you?"

"It smells like something's burning up here...Hmm, must be this shoddy seventeenth-century electrical wiring."

Ah...good times.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

There's a moment in the first Monkey Island game where you fall off a high rock and 'die', and a Sierra-style Restart/Restore/Quit box appears, only to disappear as you bounce back up to the top and survive. I thought it was the funniest thing in the game, and that's saying something. :lol:

Possibly the box even had Roberta Williams' face in it, although that might be my memory editing that in.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

"...that was your first wish."

From Torment, right? That was my favourite story from those sensory stones. :cool:

Same area, but that's the story Morte tells.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

There's a moment in the first Monkey Island game where you fall off a high rock and 'die', and a Sierra-style Restart/Restore/Quit box appears, only to disappear as you bounce back up to the top and survive. I thought it was the funniest thing in the game, and that's saying something. :lol:

Possibly the box even had Roberta Williams' face in it, although that might be my memory editing that in.

I did like that, but I preferred the one in Curse because they're just talking about whether or not you're alive like Guybrush is as real as the player, and then from out of nowhere comes "Funny, I didn't think you could die in a LucasArts Adventure Game." "Well, maybe they're trying something different." What followed, similar to the restart/restor/quit was a game over screen and the credits "You scored 0 out of 900 points."

Of all the Monkey Island games, though the first two are good fun, I consider the third to be the best. :lol:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Crying like a mofo after finishing Kana Little Sister.

My eyes were irritated for days after that.

No other game even comes close to being as emotional as any part of Kana, and the ending I got was... horrible. I felt depressed for quite a while afterwards- yeah, I'm a wuss, I know.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Crying like a mofo after finishing Kana Little Sister.

My eyes were irritated for days after that.

No other game even comes close to being as emotional as any part of Kana, and the ending I got was... horrible. I felt depressed for quite a while afterwards- yeah, I'm a wuss, I know.

Uhh...umm...emm... :lol:

I happen to have the pictures from said game...and, well...

I'm sorry, I just find the idea that this game is somehow emotional to be a tad surprising when quite a lot of these pictures depict what appears to be incest. :lol:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Most reviews you'll read of "Kana, Little Sister" will probably start out the same as this one. Get this game. Play this game. Cry your eyes out at one of the most heartbreaking stories you'll ever experience, in one of the most beautiful games ever created. It's one thing to read about someone dying, but in Kana, Little Sister, you're her brother... and your every choice affects her chances of survival.

Um,yes :lol:

Uhh...umm...emm... :lol:

I happen to have the pictures from said game...and, well...

I'm sorry, I just find the idea that this game is somehow emotional to be a tad surprising when quite a lot of these pictures depict what appears to be incest. :lol:

Actually, that would be my sentiments exactly. Well, until I played the game, that is. :/

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Glottis: There was a high-pitched whining noise. Kinda grating, you know? I couldn't nail it down. It only stopped when I pulled up here.

Velasco: What was it? The blower?

Glottis: Nah. It was Manny, screaming like a cat tied to a cruise missile.

Longing.

Stumbing across an 'unimportant' data scan in Metroid Prime the other day that stated when the Space Pirates tried to reverse engineer my morph ball like they had my beam weapons, the prototypes left several Space Pirates horribly twisted and disfigured and were promptly discarded.

"So this is where all that peace and love came from."

Finding all sorts of crazy stuff in drawers in the NOLF games.

Sneaking around in Hitmans 2 & 3.

I still cheer myself up with the song Guybrush sings in Monkey Island 3.

"Oh there's a...

Monkey in my pocket and he's stealing all my change;

His stare is blank and glassy, I suspect that he's deranged."

Maybe these things just have to catch you at the right moment. :">

I don't know if this fits in here, but i do remember the sensory record in the mental brothel in Torment, where some sort of fleet is engaged in genocide, and the Captain says something to the effect of "You ask by what right I condemn these people to death? I say we have no right to let them live."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hey! The thread was popular! Who'duh thunk?

One from Conker's Bad Fur Day, one of the funniest games ever made.

Gear:"Oi! You! I need you to get me ******* cogs back, you ******.

Conker:"What?"

Gear:"Either get me ******* cogs back, or **** off!"

Conker:"Gee, why is everyone's so offensive 'round here?"

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

The Gabriel Knight series features a 'will-they-won't-they' relationship between Gabriel and Grace. In GK3, Grace walks by the hotel dining room and overhear's Gabriel say something along the lines of

"Having Grace around is like sleeping with a friggin' chastity belt on'.

:o:o:o Well, Grace and I were stunned. For shocking moments in games, this is my favourite.

Oh, and she recovered sufficiently to sleep with him later that night. :) Next day she left him.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)