Your favorite romance

Who was your favorite romance character?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your favorite romance character?

• Bastila (K1)
    • Carth (K1)
    • Juhani (K1)
    • Handmaiden (K2)
    • Visas (K2)
    • Atton (K2)
    • Disciple (K2)

There have been many discussions about the age thing...

Basically, Disciple mentions looking up to the Exile when he was a kid and wanting her to be his master, but then she went off to fight in the Mandalorian wars.

Whereas Atton actually DID fight in the Mandalorian Wars, which would make him significantly older than Mical.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I sort of feel like the two best romance possibilities for both games were left out in K2: Bao-dur and Mira. I mean, I don't know... they seemed more real than any of the others, I think.

Anyway, I didn't care for the handmaiden's past, or her voice. Her bust was oversized, and not attractive - she's a cRPG character, come on. Visas had some great voice acting... but she didn't replace Bastila. She didn't have nearly the range of emotions Bastila had, in the end. She was just sort of... goth... you know? Too much of it for me.

For female romance characters: While Atton's VO was sort of annoying and faky to me at first, it turned out ok. Disciple's VO always annoyed me, especially, "You have left me an opening!" The talks disciple had were interesting enough, and it was amazing how much of that there was. Why not for the other characters, though? I mean, come on... he's a little bit boring. And he has an ugly neck. Atton had his annoying aspects, but I liked him ok. He reminded me of some people I know and like in real life. The Carth romance.... didn't make much sense to me, when I went through it. But maybe that's just cuz I'm not a girl.

Overall, eh, Bastila wins it for me... even though her romance wasn't all that great, as a whole.

Carth's whining had me wishing throughout the entire game that I could have murdered him brutally in the streets at any given moment.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that whining was throwing a fit because Mommy and Daddy wouldn't buy you that pony you always wanted (personally I fail to see why every girl in the world wants a pony and a castle, I was always content Topgun and Ninja Trutles, but maybe I'm just odd :) ). It's so imature of Carth to be wary of others just because the one person he looked up to the most betrayed him and destroyed his entire planet, erasing his home, his memories, and the life he had once had. It's so pathetic that he's still upset about such a trivial thing as having to hold his wife as she died, helpless to do anything but scream for medics he already knew wouldn't come in time. He's so selfish to want a chance to see his son after all those years of thinking his entire family was dead, even if you're already (conviently enough) going where his son is anyway.

Whereas you have the Handmaiden who is upset because her sisters don't like her very much and she has a crush on this cute guy but doesn't want to get in trouble (because Atris might take the pony back if she found out. :o ).

NOTE: This was not a wild fangirl rant, but simply me stating my opinion in a way I thought would best get my point across. Believe it or not I was perfectly calm while writing this post. And if you think I need to get outside and get a real life, I agree one hundred percent. :huh:

sig2.gif

Call me sick, but I voted for Di. I liked him because he was loyal, and his backstory interested me. Granted, he had bunny teeth, but, I still think he deserves points for at least having the guts to admire my character openly. I never got a word out of flippin' Atton. (Atton is also right up there in my opinion) 'tho.

Carth's whining had me wishing throughout the entire game that I could have murdered him brutally in the streets at any given moment.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that whining was throwing a fit because Mommy and Daddy wouldn't buy you that pony you always wanted (personally I fail to see why every girl in the world wants a pony and a castle, I was always content Topgun and Ninja Trutles, but maybe I'm just odd :) ). It's so imature of Carth to be wary of others just because the one person he looked up to the most betrayed him and destroyed his entire planet, erasing his home, his memories, and the life he had once had. It's so pathetic that he's still upset about such a trivial thing as having to hold his wife as she died, helpless to do anything but scream for medics he already knew wouldn't come in time. He's so selfish to want a chance to see his son after all those years of thinking his entire family was dead, even if you're already (conviently enough) going where his son is anyway.

Whereas you have the Handmaiden who is upset because her sisters don't like her very much and she has a crush on this cute guy but doesn't want to get in trouble (because Atris might take the pony back if she found out. ;) ).

NOTE: This was not a wild fangirl rant, but simply me stating my opinion in a way I thought would best get my point across. Believe it or not I was perfectly calm while writing this post. And if you think I need to get outside and get a real life, I agree one hundred percent. o:)

Actually, I'm going to side with Darkside on this one. While Carth's whining did annoy me at times, I sympathized with his character. I mean, come on! What would you be like if your best friend and most trusted mentor betrayed you and became your worst enemy, and you lost your entire family and home planet? I doubt you would be happy about it. So yeah, I did feel sorry for Carth, even if he was a tad annoying. :p Too bad Darth Launch isn't here to express her Carth fangirlism.

Oh, BTW Darkside, you convinced me to do this. I now posted a link to my fanfics on my signature. My main fic is VERY au, it actually includes Revan and the Exile in the same story, and has Nihilus as the main bad guy. Hope you guys like them. If you don't, you can flame all you want in the review section. :D

Whereas you have the Handmaiden who is upset because her sisters don't like her very much and she has a crush on this cute guy but doesn't want to get in trouble (because Atris might take the pony back if she found out. :p ).

NOTE: This was not a wild fangirl rant, but simply me stating my opinion in a way I thought would best get my point across. Believe it or not I was perfectly calm while writing this post. And if you think I need to get outside and get a real life, I agree one hundred percent. ;)

Actually, I'm going to side with Darkside on this one. While Carth's whining did annoy me at times, I sympathized with his character. I mean, come on! What would you be like if your best friend and most trusted mentor betrayed you and became your worst enemy, and you lost your entire family and home planet? I doubt you would be happy about it. So yeah, I did feel sorry for Carth, even if he was a tad annoying. :) Too bad Darth Launch isn't here to express her Carth fangirlism.

Oh, BTW Darkside, you convinced me to do this. I now posted a link to my fanfics on my signature. My main fic is VERY au, it actually includes Revan and the Exile in the same story, and has Nihilus as the main bad guy. Hope you guys like them. If you don't, you can flame all you want in the review section. :D

i killed the whiny bastard in the end o:)

The banter between female Revan and Carth in Kotor 1 was great because it wasn't just a one-off thing - you could see something of a relationship developing between them. I didn't think Carth was whiny at all, and was rather surprised to find so many on the internet who thought so. I've met worse. I've lived with worse. :ph34r: If I'm honest, I've probably been worse.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I didn't think Carth was whiny at all

Yeah, me neither. Actually, that's not true. I did think he was whining a little when he complained about being kept out of the loop on Dantooine, considering I brought him everywhere with me and kept trying to strike up dialog with him, to no avail. :-

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I brought him everywhere with me and kept trying to strike up dialog with him, to no avail. :-

..a crime I'm gilty of. :lol: I remember that in all my save games, Carth's head appeared in basically all of them for female. And the same is for KotOR 2. Atton was always in my party. He was kind of a staple, like the Jedi robes and lightsaber(s).^_^

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Oh, BTW Darkside, you convinced me to do this.  I now posted a link to my fanfics on my signature.  My main fic is VERY au, it actually includes Revan and the Exile in the same story, and has Nihilus as the main bad guy.  Hope you guys like them.  If you don't, you can flame all you want in the review section.  :D

Yay, thank you! I managed to finish Chapter 1, and I have to say it's sounding great! Oh, and HK-47's song was just gold. I'm still laughing and it's been almost twenty minutes.

The banter between female Revan and Carth in Kotor 1 was great because it wasn't just a one-off thing - you could see something of a relationship developing between them.  I didn't think Carth was whiny at all, and was rather surprised to find so many on the internet who thought so.  I've met worse.  I've lived  with worse.  :ph34r:  If I'm honest, I've probably been  worse.

So at least I'm not the only one who enjoyed the flirting. Sigh, and to think Atton had so much potential in that department.

sig2.gif

I brought him everywhere with me and kept trying to strike up dialog with him, to no avail. :-

..a crime I'm gilty of. :lol: I remember that in all my save games, Carth's head appeared in basically all of them for female. And the same is for KotOR 2. Atton was always in my party. He was kind of a staple, like the Jedi robes and lightsaber(s).^_^

Same here, the guys never left my party. In all honesty, I'm actually as much a Carth fangirl as I am an Atton one. :">

sig2.gif

..a crime I'm gilty of. :- I remember that in all my save games, Carth's head appeared in basically all of them for female.

I really need to remember not to drink coffee while reading this message board. I almost spat coffee all over my monitor from laughing when I read this. It's SO true... I also have Carth's head (and Atton's) in ALL my save gaves.

Well, at least I'm not alone. :lol:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

There are three main reasons why I think Bastila's one is the best:

1. Firstly she has the looks

2. It was good in the time of Episode 2 and Jedi romance

3. It amounted to something storywise

With regards to (3), it was good to see that it didn't turn into a Star Wars movie tragedy, and compared to the Carth romance, it related to some of the other ingame mini-stories like Jolee talking love, and the data pads of that Jedi Trio on the Great Hunt.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I always had Batila and Carth... at least almost always, the other times i went with a jedi party (because lightsabers turn things to mush) or had Canderous in my party.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Atton (K2)  [ 2 ]  ** [3.92%]

Disciple (K2)  [ 2 ]  ** [3.92%]

So Disciple is just as loved as Atton :lol:

And visias amazingly considering so many people talk about force sex i would expect that she would get more... Poor Juhani... she only got one.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

How can you not like Bastila?

I don't know...ask Shryke. :)

Atton (K2)  [ 2 ]  ** [3.92%]

Disciple (K2)  [ 2 ]  ** [3.92%]

So Disciple is just as loved as Atton :o

Actually, you voted for Disciple cause you felt sorry for him, so your vote can be disregarded. :p

And I guess Visas got so little votes because "force sex" is no substitue for regular lip-mashing. :p

@ Darkside: thanks for your kind words. :"> :D And I'm already working on a new chapter for my main fic.