Interplay LIVES !

;)
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the titles predating BIS ... there are a few that I really liked:

Neuromancer - not sure how well known this one is, however it was incredible on the C64. It was one of a select few games on the 64 with digital speech(opening music) ... which was a marvel for the technology. It was also one of the best cyberpunk type games I've played. A few others (non-Interplay) are Uplink and Street Hacker .. though they lack the rpg/story element of Neuromancer.

Bards Tale series - my second rpg set played (Monkey Island series being the first)

Descent Series - Always got my butt kicked in MP but it was fun...though it's too bad a tcp/ip patch for MP never seemed to arise (in specificly for Descent 2)

Battle Chess series - the animated pieces and accompanying redbook audio added a great element of fun to things.

They did some good ones prior to BIS ... though CRPG wise I still prefer BIS-type ones (infinity engine) over such things as Demon Stone which although fun, does not take long to beat and set on a shelf to gather dust.

• 2 months later...

Most likely. If Satan allows.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Damn...they're coming back...something Enron couldn't do.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Even if they do are they relevant any more?

I mean the people who made Interplay what they were are long gone.  Michael Crawford, Brian Fargo, Feargus Urqhart, J.E. Sawyer, Chris Avellone, and so forth and so on have all moved on to better things.

Interplay are loser nobodys without those guys. They might as well keep their sorry corpse buried.

It's like a zombie that won't stay dead  :)

Which means... you should really love the company...

You go girl, grab your shotgun, it's still twitching :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Looks like someone skipped HTML 101 class while in college.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester