King Kong

Kor Qel Droma

"Then again, I think Gigli was an awesome movie, so my critique probably isn't the best in the world."

Awesome? No, i said it was good, and much better than the fools think.

"How does not liking Jackson's work make me "self-indulgent"?"

Not an insult, just a fact. You actually believe that your opinion is factual when you call Jackson a hack even when all the evidence points to you being wrong.  Your self indulgent as no matter the evidence you cling to the needy belief that everyone but you is wrong.

Don't be sad. We all go through phases like that. :thumbsup:

It's amazing. "Gigli" is pretty much a universally reviled movie, yet you say, "No, i said it was good, and much better than the fools think" then you have the absolute gall to call me out for having an opinion that goes up against the majority? Wow, you hypocrite.

Do I believe my opinion is factual? Of course I do. It would be bizarre to have an opinion that one believes is or may be wrong. My opinion is that there is no God. That also puts me in a minority. I have no issues with having a minority opinion. Just because a majority believes something doesn't make them right.

So go along now and learn the difference between "your" and "you're" and stick to arguing with me on the topic up for discussion and not bringing it down to personal insults.

I liked Bourne Supremacy too... :thumbsup: "one of the worst movies of recent times" is an overstatement i think. Hellboy was out around the same time and that sucked donkey balls.

I totally agree in both counts.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"It's amazing. "Gigli" is pretty much a universally reviled movie, yet you say, "No, i said it was good, and much better than the fools think" then you have the absolute gall to call me out for having an opinion that goes up against the majority? Wow, you hypocrite."

Nope. Wrong again. My opinion is correct; your is not. That's not hypocrisy; that's just fact. Keep whining; but it won't chnage anything.

R00fles! :(

"So go along now and learn the difference between "your" and "you're" and stick to arguing with me on the topic up for discussion and not bringing it down to personal insults."

Actually, you were the first one to use insults in this thread by attacking everyone personally who disagreed with your 'Peter Jackson is a hack' assessment. I (and others) are just following your example. :cool:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Actually, you were the first one to use insults in this thread by attacking everyone personally who disagreed with your 'Peter Jackson is a hack' assessment. I (and others) are just following your example. :cool:

Okay, here's a challenge... Go back to before I was insulted the first time and show me where I attacked everyone personally who disagreed with me. I see disagreements, but please, give me just one quote, keeping in mind a difference in opinion is not a personal attack. If you can not provide one, I would like an apology for the above lie.

Thank you.

Okay, here's a challenge... Go back to before I was insulted the first time and show me where I attacked everyone personally who disagreed with me. I see disagreements, but please, give me just one quote, keeping in mind a difference in opinion is not a personal attack. If you can not provide one, I would like an apology for the above lie.

Thank you.

Volourn has been caught lying several times before. But you have to forgive him, he's a puny shrimp of a boy in real life and really needs to feel big on this board at least! Can't you give him that? Show some mercy!!

I saw someone mentioned that the King Kong game is being made by Molyneaux's team.. But I though the guy who made Beyond Good & Evil was making the game (which looked rather good, last time I heard anything about it)?

Edit: I remembered correctly!

"Acclaimed game creator Michel Ancel and the Montpellier studio collaborate with triple Academy Award

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Not an insult, just a fact. You actually believe that your opinion is factual when you call Jackson a hack even when all the evidence points to you being wrong. Your self indulgent as no matter the evidence you cling to the needy belief that everyone but you is wrong.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nope. Wrong again. My opinion is correct; your is not. That's not hypocrisy; that's just fact.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Thank you.

Volourn has been caught lying several times before. But you have to forgive him, he's a puny shrimp of a boy in real life and really needs to feel big on this board at least! Can't you give him that? Show some mercy!!

I saw someone mentioned that the King Kong game is being made by Molyneaux's team.. But I though the guy who made Beyond Good & Evil was making the game (which looked rather good, last time I heard anything about it)?

Edit: I remembered correctly!

"Acclaimed game creator Michel Ancel and the Montpellier studio collaborate with triple Academy Award

Don't feed the trolls.

This is some pretty obvious trolling.

Your arguement was laid out pretty simple, and then deflated. You are entitled to not like LotR. That's subjective. Peter Jackson is universally recognized as a very polished, quality director who's entire body of work are well-made films.

Your arguement centers entirely on the story of LotR, which Peter Jackson is not responsible for. He didn't write it. His direction and visual storytelling are both unique, and masterful.

Either you are misguided enough to blame Peter Jackson for Tolkein's story, or you are obviously trolling.

I'm going with the latter of the two.

Don't feed the trolls.

This is some pretty obvious trolling.

Your arguement was laid out pretty simple, and then deflated.  You are entitled to not like LotR.  That's subjective.  Peter Jackson is universally recognized as a very polished, quality director who's entire body of work are well-made films.

Your arguement centers entirely on the story of LotR, which Peter Jackson is not responsible for.  He didn't write it.  His direction and visual storytelling are both unique, and masterful.

Either you are misguided enough to blame Peter Jackson for Tolkein's story, or you are obviously trolling.

I'm going with the latter of the two.

I've been a movie buff all my life. I know what a director does and what a director is responsible for. I also know what I like, and I don't like what I've seen of Jackson's work so far. I'd like to think that I have enough posts in this particular forum (don't let my post count fool you, I've been more active in Way Off Topic than anywhere else on the site) to show that I don't go around trolling, but do have strongly held opinions. Yet from this particular opinion I've been attacked time and again. Strangely enough, I've been attacked more for not liking Peter Jackson than I have for any of my views on religion or politics. Strange what stirs up passions...

I agree. Vixen isn't trolling. It's a matter of preference.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Strangely enough, I've been attacked more for not liking Peter Jackson than I have for any of my views on religion or politics. Strange what stirs up passions...

Actually people calling George Lucas an average producer, was a lot more heated than this post. But I will say, I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Your arguement centers entirely on the story of LotR, which Peter Jackson is not responsible for.  He didn't write it.  His direction and visual storytelling are both unique, and masterful.

Actually, PJ co-wrote the screenplay, with Philipa Boyens and Fran Walsh, so he shares some blame for the story, considering they were brave enough to change large parts of The Fellowship of the Ring; it was well within their remit to edit The Return of the King (which they did, but not to its betterment, imo).

:cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

...but Mean Girls was good :o I thought it would be rubbish but i was pleasantly surprised.

I agree. It was a fun little movie.

And thank you Kirottu and Musopticon.

Yep, I thought it was going to be another "girl teen-film" and I was pleasantly surprised. (I only watched it because my step-daughter insisted: she had seen it before.) It is not the normal grist to the mill, and in fact shows some innovative story-telling. And at least it is not yet-another-sequel-or-remake!

:huh:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Actually, PJ co-wrote the screenplay, with Philipa Boyens and Fran Walsh, so he shares some blame for the story, considering they were brave enough to change large parts of The Fellowship of the Ring; it was well within their remit to edit {i]The Return of the King[/i] (which they did, but not to its betterment, imo).

:cool:

Without the scouring of a the Shire ROTK was lacking.

While the other changes were irksome nothing except the osgiliath debacle came close.

King Kong dosnt really appeal to me. I'll probably catch it when its on cable.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yep, I thought it was going to be another "girl teen-film" and I was pleasantly surprised. (I only watched it because my step-daughter insisted: she had seen it before.) It is not the normal grist to the mill, and in fact shows some innovative story-telling. And at least it is not yet-another-sequel-or-remake!

:huh:

Much credit can go to the awesome Tina Fey. :o