Malak's lower jaw

I didn't feel like registering at any K1 forums so I'm asking here. In one of the visions that Revan has in K1 and during the vision/fight/scene in the tomb on Korriban in K2, Malak has his lower jaw but in K1 toward the end we see that Malak wears that metal plate to cover his massive wound, his lower jaw is completely gone. Does anyone know how he lost it? The story never told how he lost his jaw in neither game and I have wondered for a long time.

I didn't feel like registering at any K1 forums so I'm asking here. In one of the visions that Revan has in K1 and during the vision/fight/scene in the tomb on Korriban in K2, Malak has his lower jaw but in K1 toward the end we see that Malak wears that metal plate to cover his massive wound, his lower jaw is completely gone. Does anyone know how he lost it? The story never told how he lost his jaw in neither game and I have wondered for a long time.

Lost it to some Jedi Master during JCW, Kavar maybe or maybe Aimo's concept :thumbsup:

According to the StarWars.com Databank:

"Malak was a tall human who was horridly injured in a lightsaber duel. A swipe from a laser sword severed his lower jaw, and Malak was forced to wear a metallic jaw guard that hid his disfigurement from view. The guard also included a vocoder, through which Malak spoke with an eerie metallic tone."

According to the StarWars.com Databank:

"Malak was a tall human who was horridly injured in a lightsaber duel. A swipe from a laser sword severed his lower jaw, and Malak was forced to wear a metallic jaw guard that hid his disfigurement from view. The guard also included a vocoder, through which Malak spoke with an eerie metallic tone."

But then there's the question of who did it.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Interesting. When I clicked on the link to the Star Forge, I saw this at the bottom:

The Republic used a captive Revan to piece together clues as to the Star Forge's location, and eventually discovered the Unknown World. Republic forces attacked en masse, and despite devastating losses, were able to defeat Malak and the Star Forge.

So I guess the lightside ending is official for KOTOR? :-

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Interesting. When I clicked on the link to the Star Forge, I saw this at the bottom:

The Republic used a captive Revan to piece together clues as to the Star Forge's location, and eventually discovered the Unknown World. Republic forces attacked en masse, and despite devastating losses, were able to defeat Malak and the Star Forge.

So I guess the lightside ending is official for KOTOR? :-

Seems so.

Good lord they made Cranor Jax the sith lord? THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN! he barely had eanough control to lift a sphere let alone perform with his lightsaber (ugh that sounded bad :shifty:" ) but anyway, I find it odd that they say that it was the Temple at Malachor that changed him, I was led to believe that it was the star forge that warped him because of it's incessant draw to the dark side

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

A duel withy another Jedi, eh? It would have have to have been after the Mandalorian Wars (look, I used three "have's" :- ), as he still had his jaw during that Dantooine Cave flahsback. And as I'm guessing he didn't fight any Jedi during the Mandalorian Wars, this fight must have taken place during the Jedi Civil War went he went all eeev-il. *raises eyebrow and lifts pinkie to corner of mouth*

Also, Malak was supposed to be an absolute thug with a lightsaber, so probably only someone very skilled could have done it too him - maybe Kavar?

manthing2.jpg

A duel withy another Jedi, eh? It would have have to have been after the Mandalorian Wars (look, I used three "have's"  :thumbsup:  ),  as he still had his jaw during that Dantooine Cave flahsback.  And as I'm guessing he didn't fight any Jedi during the Mandalorian Wars, this fight must have taken place during the Jedi Civil War went he went all eeev-il. *raises eyebrow and lifts pinkie to corner of mouth*

Also, Malak was supposed to be an absolute thug with a lightsaber, so probably only someone very skilled could have done it too him - maybe Kavar?

Since this isn't the spoilers forum...

When you meet Kavar the first time in the Onderon cantina, Mandalore is surprised to see Kavar: he thought that Kavar died in a fight against Malak. Kavar says he almost did, so it must have been a tough fight. Maybe Malak lost his jaw in that fight and in doing so, gave Kavar the opportunity to flee.