Are there Mandalorian Women?

Just wondering. Has anyone ever seen a Mandalorean female? Is it possible that some of the Mandaloreans we see in body armor are females? How will the Mandalorians ever rise again if they don't reproduce? Do they reproduce asexually? Do they have body armor instead of skin?

I always wondered this. Mandalorians are always referred to as a "barbaric warrior PEOPLE" and yet you never see female mandalorians. In reality, this is due to the laziness of the devs to make a female model that fits into the mandalorian armor. In K1 when your female pc (or party members) equipped the mandalorian armor, all of a sudden the default female walk/run turned into the male one. The armor didnt even shape the female figure as all the otehr armors did. So yea there were female mandalorians, they arent asexual and they are there, the devs were just lazy. Simple.

The original Mandalorians were an alien race but the current Mandalorians are humans. They are more a culture than a species. There should be Mandalorian females. When they captured worlds, they took the people as slaves and assimilated them into Mandalorian culture, like Mira.

The original Mandalorians were an alien race but the current Mandalorians are humans. They are more a culture than a species. There should be Mandalorian females. When they captured worlds, they took the people as slaves and assimilated them into Mandalorian culture, like Mira.

the women also had a different chest armor style than the male version.

Mira considers herself Madalorian.

Mira points out that many Mandalorians were really conquered people from other planets, much like most Romans weren't born in Rome at the height of their empire.

And the person who is Mandalore, isn't really Mandalore. You just assume the role. In the same vein, people assume the title Mandalorian.

... In K1 when your female pc (or party members) equipped the mandalorian armor, all of a sudden the default female walk/run turned into the male one. The armor didnt even shape the female figure as all the other armors did. So yea there were female mandalorians, ...

So maybe some of the current Mandalorians are actually voluptuous divas hidden beneath body armor?

Mira points out that many Mandalorians were really conquered people from other planets, much like most Romans weren't born in Rome at the height of their empire.

And the person who is Mandalore, isn't really Mandalore.  You just assume the role.  In the same vein, people assume the title Mandalorian.

I thought about Mira - but she doesn't have that great Australian accent (although come to think of it, I'm not sure that Mandalore does either).

Just wondering.  Has anyone ever seen a Mandalorean female?  Is it possible that some of the Mandaloreans we see in body armor are females?  How will the Mandalorians ever rise again if they don't reproduce?  Do they reproduce asexually? Do they have body armor instead of skin?

There are Females I can prove this. go on MNS search and type in "Mandalore" and somewhere on the first page there will a history of the mandalorian race that clearly staes that there are females suk on that. :unsure:

I find this hard to believe as I can remember reading somewhere on these boards about someone saying that Mandalorians live longer than regular humans do and that Canderous says he has been fighting in the Mandalorian wars [i think] for 40 odd years, so that would make him about 60 in KOTOR2-60 being unable to fight if they lived normal years, and he is a current mandalorian.

I agree that they may have captured people and turned them into Mandalorian-clone types, by teaching them how to fight like Mandalorians and be like them, but they wouldnt teach them how to be in a race like them.

Just my opinion there.... :-

... In K1 when your female pc (or party members) equipped the mandalorian armor, all of a sudden the default female walk/run turned into the male one. The armor didnt even shape the female figure as all the other armors did. So yea there were female mandalorians, ...

So maybe some of the current Mandalorians are actually voluptuous divas hidden beneath body armor?

And the person who is Mandalore, isn't really Mandalore.  You just assume the role.  In the same vein, people assume the title Mandalorian.

I thought about Mira - but she doesn't have that great Australian accent (although come to think of it, I'm not sure that Mandalore does either).

Then again, most of the KOTORiginal Mandalorians, including Canderous of course, had mostly American accents, its only in KOTwOR that they get -Kiwi actually I believe :thumbsup:>_< - accents. I dunno, perhaps they recorded the voices before the release of Attack of the Clones, then for the second game gave the Mandalorians Kiwi accents in honour of Temuera Morrison (or perhaps because I also think LOTR made accents from that area of the world seem extremely sexy) - although I don't think that was entirely necessary, since if what I think I remember reading about EU is correct, then Jango Fett wasn't born a "Mandalorian" either.

It's probably against Mandalorian code, as a warrior "race", to accept women into combat alongside the men - though I do personally believe that women can be just as fierce fighters as men. Amazons for instance - but there are plenty of examples during history - Russian and other Eastern European female soldiers during both World Wars and the points in between is another example.

Thats such a dirty word "procreated" tsk.. tsk..

Anyways mandalorians are indeed amphibians and can switch between genders when in time in need. You see mandalorian eggs have about an 80% chance of being male when they incubate at under 72 degrees F, but only a 12% chance of being male when the temperature is above 72 degrees. If the there is a cycle of either extreme hot or cold weather during the spring mating season the percentage of males or females could indeed skyrockets. To counter this and avoid the extinction of their race, mandalorians evolved with the ability to change genders, and then switch back after their eggs are laid. Perhaps all the mandalorians in the kotor games were concieved in a cooler enviroment.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Anyways mandalorians are indeed amphibians and can switch between genders when in time in need. You see mandalorian eggs have about an 80% chance of being male when they incubate at under 72 degrees F, but only a 12% chance of being male when the temperature is above 72 degrees. If the there is a cycle of either extreme hot or cold weather during the spring mating season the percentage of males or females could indeed skyrockets. To counter this and avoid the extinction of their race, mandalorians evolved with the ability to change genders, and then switch back after their eggs are laid. Perhaps all the mandalorians in the kotor games were concieved in a cooler enviroment.

your kidding, right :-:-

Zulu while thats a possibility, i find it very unlikely. Mira said that when the mandalorians conquered her world they made EVERYONE be part of their squad meaning male, female or otherwise and mira looks pretty female to me. Also in SW, most people dont care what gender you are. If you can fight, good.Otherwise they really dont care who you are.

That's a strange theory. Would you care to explain how you came to this conclusion?