2 of my chars can't talk...

hey guys... I'm new here...

uhm, I don't know if my question here is outdated but here goes...

so, after in telos academy, the scene where kreia (the old witch), and atton at inside the force cage is where it began...

in the scene, atton wasn't on the cage... but the sound was there... so it was as if kreia talking alone... but the weird thing is that I found atton lying on the ground just in front of the prisoners's room...

well at first I didn't think of it as a big deal...

but for the next sets of missions I went... I usually take bao-dur and kreia in my party...

but somehow, in the dantooine, I realised that both of them aren't following where my main character goes.... they would standstill...

and when I clicked them, it didn't respond... well usually the sub-characters would respond if we clicked them even though no new dialog lines...

can anyone please help me?

I even tried downloading the updates both using the update feature at the game's launcher and manually....

both didn't worked... I mean, I can't update my swkotor2.file

so, is this a bug that I'm experiencing?

and uh, sadly... I've played the game too far from the point where the 'bug' started... so I don't think I would wanna restart from the point where both of them were still 'normal'

is there anything I can do to make them 'talk' or 'follow' the main char when it walks?

thanks guys (P.S sorry for my bad english... I'm indonesian ^_^; )

Hey welcome to the boards,

This bug has been mentioned before either in the SPOILERS forum or in Tech support forum, i would recommend searching there for the solution, or post it there, they will probly know the solution :thumbsup:

I've had that bug in Kotor 1 before (though not in Kotor 2). I tried saving my game and loading it, but the bug still existed.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the only thing you can do is load an earlier game, from before the bug started occurring.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

hey... I'm expering the same thing as you are wibben ^^

well, I managed to get kreia back to talk to me.... but not bao-dur, yet, hopefully...

well, what it happenned when I was at dxun, after winning the battle against bralor and by then my main character was levelled up to 16... and if I'm not mistaken, the main char's level is the one that triggerred the conversation between him and kreia,,, but forgive me if I'm wrong...

but there's also another part, that kreia's conversation would take place...

it is when you were about to leave dxun for onderon with mandalore...

she will have a conversation with him...

well I hope it'd help you ^^

oh, and if you guys found a conversation point for bao-dur (just like kreia's) please let me know... post here or please PM me... thanks guys...

uhm... ic... will the conversation triggers just like kreia with mandalore (before going in to the shuttle for onderon?)

coz I think that conversation between those two recovered kreia... mayba >.<

are there any triggers that goes the same way for bao-dur?

I don't know how to fix your game, besides reloading a saved game from before entering the Telos Polar base. To avoid it in your next game: update your game with the latest patch from OE. When starting your game: click on the Update button instead of the Game button.

On Onderon bring him, and give the Republic guy a starport visa. That will trigger a conversation, although I'm not sure about that if he doesn't follow you. Things usually don't trigger if the character is too far away.

hmm actually I did bring him at onderon when I gave the visa to Xaart (the republic guy)... he did talk... but it didn't fix the bug like kreia's...

damn, what should I do...

@Heckur >> aawh,, well I already played the game, and already far away from the telos polar base saved game...

besides, the previous saved games had already been erased >.<

coz I've got like almost a hundred saved games... and somehow the game got lagged... and now I've already erased most of em leaving like 20 saved games only... and it didn't lag anymore... I don't know... maybe just my imagination..

bout the patch thingy... I've downloaded them... and it didn't work... I dont know why, but it told me that I had the wrong version...

sheesh... and I've tried downloading the international version, and it didn't work also aawh shucks

I didn't bother to read all of the posts, but did you try switching to one of the other characters? I had an instance once in the Onderon mechant quarter that my main character just fell into the ground, down below the ground. I could see everything from below, I could see into all of the buildings, it was a cool view, but I was trapped. I tried for about 5 minutes to get out of the "hole" by running back and forth, side to side, but nothing worked so I tried switching to a helper character and that teleported my main character out of the "hole". That's the only advice I can give.

• 2 years later...
I didn't bother to read all of the posts, but did you try switching to one of the other characters? I had an instance once in the Onderon mechant quarter that my main character just fell into the ground, down below the ground. I could see everything from below, I could see into all of the buildings, it was a cool view, but I was trapped. I tried for about 5 minutes to get out of the "hole" by running back and forth, side to side, but nothing worked so I tried switching to a helper character and that teleported my main character out of the "hole". That's the only advice I can give.

I got smacked with this bug too, glad I caught it quickly. This worked for me to talk to them just use them and have them talk to the main character, don't trust it myself so I'm reloading from the transport in the base on telos. kinda put a damper on my first time through the game... and man I want a lightsaber hahaha it didn't take this long on 1, oh well my Madalorian Blaster of doom and Sith Disruptor of ubah junkiness will have to work haha, if anyone found somethign else on this lemme know

well i guess their mute lol

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)