Pazaak - love it or hate it?

If Lucasarts were smart, they'd have included pazaak card sets in special edition versions of KOTOR I or KOTOR II.

Now wouldn't that be fun. I'd take those over a free tshirt.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

As a game-quest type device, I don't like it.

As a fun little side-game to mess around with, I do like it. It's like computer solitare. Or that card game in the Might&Magic series. Just a fun little game within a game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't think I tried the swoop racing past a trial run on Telos. Same thing with KOTOR 1, I didn't do a single swoop race after the mandatory one on Taris.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Swoop racing was better this time around but still too basic. If you want to have that sort of thing as more than just an aside then you need proper league structure and the ability to upgrade your swoop with various parts. Be a good money sink too which is something the game could really do with.

Chocobo hot and cold is probably the only mini game that I've really enjoyed just for the sake of it. The card games in FFVIII were fun too.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yes the FF card games were great. I love pazaak. All you have to do is save after every win and reload if you lose so you dont lose any money and if you are playing for a lot of credits you can have an easy flow of cash needed for items. What version of pazaak by dufflover????

What we need is codified rules regarding the extra cards. There is no way to prevent someone from just making up a card +/- 10, duplicating ten of them and adding them to their sidedeck.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Pazaak is so much better in KOTOR 2 because i win most of the time.  The best cards 2&4 or 3&6 cards that makes cards negative. Then win by getting 9 cards. :D

That was my favorite way to win, too. :rolleyes:

Early on when I was going over the design docs for the new Pazaak cards, I couldn't figure out what the point of the 2 reverse-type cards would be. Until I noticed that they made it a lot more likely to be able to play 9 cards before hitting 20. So I asked design if I could make that a new win condition, and there we go!

This sort've gives an advantage to the player as well, since winning by playing 9 cards is not a tactic that the AI will intentionally try to pull off. While it will still win if it manages to play 9 cards without busting, it won't actively pursue that as a win condition.

-Akari

I personally found pazzak to be a tad bit on the boring side, and whenever i did get twentyone i would always be matched by the ai on that. the only way i really win is by 9 carding things. On swoop racing I hated Nar Shadda, I blew up there more than the ebon hawk has been shot at, crashed, and has people on it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Heh, Pazaak was the only mini game I could be bothered to play and actually enjoy in either game. The special cards in K2 were a nice touch :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What version of pazaak by dufflover????

There's two old versions:

Pazaak Online (for network play) - VERY OLD

Pazaak Arcade (single player) - Getting old

I decided to try a big merge project and it's still in the works. There are few early screenshots in this current (for now) active thread:

Pure Pazaak WIP Screenshots, For the small few waiting for a sign...

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I dont like pazzak too much cause i usually always lose but i do respect its unique part of the game. Id like to keep it around for those who do but I dont want it part of the story so maybe have a few characters in a cantina to play with if u so desire. Swoop racing I like although i find it challenging and sometimes difficult I feel it has a big part to play in the story as its rise and fall to eventually pod racing lol. The game of Kotor 3 I hope adds Dejarik hope i spelt it right sounds like a game of either chess or battleships or a mix love to see that as its my cup of tea.

Bigger stakes, like betting a party member for a shedload of credits, or the Ebon Hawk (to win it back).

I never saw a key; how come the ship doesn't have a key?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Internet Pazaak would be great i reckon too.

Pazaak is slowly but surely growing on me now, now that i am starting to win more that is :D

Swoop racing is also starting to bore me too now, i hate the jumpy thing they put in the new game, and how it seems that you go about 10 times the speed you used to go in the old game and TBH i think they went a bit OTT with the mines in the middle of the tracks.