Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows

What console is it going to be on?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Mmmm.  Dungeon crawling.  Oh how I love that old skool goodness. :lol:

Gaunlet Legends, now those were the good ol' days... *wanders off to dust off N64*

I had a level 78 Valkyrie that couldn't beat Skorne because while max health was up at 10,000 or something like that but during the first battle with Skorne in the Cathedral I was dropped down to about 1000 health and couldn't get enough gold to heal myself enough to take on the final battle. :devil: That really sucked.

Sawyer,

Tell your art team they did an incredible job. I can't wait to see the game in 720p.

Gauntlet Legends and Dark Legacy were a decent way to pass some time with friends, but both games looked horrid for their time. They were arcade ports done poorly.

Seven Sorrows looks infinitely better in comparison. The decision to jump away from cartoony graphics was a big plus.

I have one question.

Is there still a traditional narrator? Green Warrior is about to die, etc? Dark Legacy had a narrator for bits, but was really under-used. It just doesn't feel like a Gauntlet game without one.

Yellow Elf needs food badly!

I have one question.

Is there still a traditional narrator?  Green Warrior is about to die, etc?  Dark Legacy had a narrator for bits, but was really under-used.  It just doesn't feel like a Gauntlet game without one.

Yes, we have a narrator who currently comments on player health, the appearance of Death, the destruction of generators, and a few other things.

I'm not so sure it will work alongside the games more serious tone.

I suppose it depends on the nature of the comments but "elf needs food badly" and the like seem a tad out of place.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm not so sure it will work alongside the games more serious tone.

I suppose it depends on the nature of the comments but "elf needs food badly" and the like seem a tad out of place.

The narrator's voice sounds pretty serious and food is not part of Seven Sorrows. Characters absorb the spirits of slain enemies to regain health.

I mean no offense(really, I dont, Im just curious) but doesnt it feel a bit strange to go from BIS to making a pure hack n slash action game without roleplaying elements, like Gauntlet:SS? I would feel kind of backwards :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I mean no offense(really, I dont, Im just curious) but doesnt it feel a bit strange to go from BIS to making a pure hack n slash action game without roleplaying elements, like Gauntlet:SS? I would feel kind of backwards :)

Yes, since roleplaying games are like gods of games. And their makers? Well let

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.