Mad Scientists create Zombie Dogs!

DemonKing

Eh?
:- Yeah, I know, but small differences -- memories, temperament and behaviour -- are too insignificant to write Einstein for. What causes it? Different glucose consentration? Blood flows through the brain so it isn't so far-fetched, really.

My father fought in WW2: in both the European and Pacific theatres.
Are you American, Meta?

Forgive me, I'm tired and grumpy. But your post did give me the impression of war being 'ok'.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

The technique described in the article freezes the body so that it is preserved intact - so in theory, I guess the information stored within the brain is preserved, too.  So it will probably become possible to revive that body in the near future.  What will happen is that the clinical definition of death will be revised to take this into account, and slowly all our perceptions of what death means will catch up.

Transfering the consciousness from one body to another is a little while in the future yet.  I'll worry about it a bit nearer the time. :-

I was talking about a virtual body, i.e. transferring the intellect of a dead person into a computer. Granted, some sort of sensory input would need to be wired up, otherwise all our current psychological evidence would suggest that the intelligence would go mad ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Forgive me, I'm tired and grumpy. But your post did give me the impression of war being 'ok'.

>Bing!< And so I do!

My father fought in WW2: in both the European and Pacific theatres.
Are you American, Meta?

Nope.

(Don't worry, I'm on the winning side.:D)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest Fishboot
[(Don't worry, I'm on the winning side.:D)

Ha, that was extremely amusing.

Most of the implications and ideas in this thread are dumb, but I can't tell which ones are faux-dumb irony and which are plain stupid.

I should rent Team America.

No, you should not. It si teh suxx0rz. pirate it if you have to see it :rolleyes:"

edit: You will not like it if you like South park, you will like it if you like liking poop.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

All your talk about clone armies in the future are, by my opinion, rubish.......

In the future, as the technology goes further and the battlefield landscape rapidly changes, the roll of people will deminish in the military and will be replaced by mechanized and A.I. factors....just look at the american X-47 project, it's just the begging.....

When the progressive research and development of computers and A.I. totaly surpasses the capabilities of the human brain, that would cause a dramatic reduction of the human role in the army, because then machines will think faster, better and more adequate to adapt to situations in the battlefield and not to mention the far superior physical strenght and endurance....

Size of your army almost won't matter anymore, the quality, equipment, technology and weapons are the factors that will the decide the winner....not numbers and particulary not the numbers of foot soldiers that will totaly disappear.

Your ideas of huge clone armies inspired by sw is completly baseless......those scenes of ground battles in sw are utterly lame and pathetic in terms of weapons, strategy and overexaggerated numbers of soldiers.....please the battle in the end of ep2 looks, other then the space ships, like a medieval battle, but instead of swords, pikes and bowes they had blasters.....

..come on,please tell me 11XHooah.....with a dozen M-270 rocket launchers and a couple of MOAB's you would wipe out the clone and the droid army completly, not to mention WMD's in those situations.....those battles in sw are made for the sole purpose of making the film more epic and making the movie look more impressive on the big screen, pointing out suggestions about future warfare or the role of the clones based on sw is eligible only for 6 year old children with wild and unrealistic imagination. With the role of people reducing in the army in the future there is just no need in creating huge numbers of clone soldier........................................what was this topic about again?

Now I'm not a linguist, and I haven't even seen Team America yet but my guess would be...inevitable

Aah, it's a humorous non-native speaker accent joke. I understand. Yes, very good joke. I may laugh any day now. :rolleyes: :D

what was this topic about again?

Woof.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

All your talk about clone armies in the future are, by my opinion, rubish.......In the future, as the technology goes further and the battlefield landscape rapidly changes, the roll of people will deminish in the military and will be replaced by mechanized and A.I. factors....just look at the american X-47 project, it's just the begging.....when the progressive research and development of computers and A.I. totaly surpasses the capabilities of the human brain, that would cause a dramatic reduction of the human role in the army, because then machines will think faster, better and more adequate to adapt to situations in the battlefield and not to mention the far superior physical strenght and endurance....

Size of your army almost won't matter anymore, the quality, equipment, technology and weapons are the factors that will the decide the winner....not numbers and particulary not the numbers of foot soldiers that will totaly disappear.

Your ideas of huge clone armies inspired by sw is completly baseless......those scenes of ground battles in sw are utterly lame and pathetic in terms of weapons, strategy and overexaggerated numbers of soldiers.....please the battle in the end of ep2 looks, other then the space ships, like a medieval battle, but instead of swords, pikes and bowes they had blasters....come on,please tell me 11XHooah.....with a dozen M-270 rocket launchers and a couple of MOAB's you would wipe out the clone and the droid army completly, not to mention WMD's in those situations.....those battles in sw are made for the sole purpose of making the film more epic and making the movie look more impressive on the big screen, pointing out suggestions about future warfare or the role of the clones based on sw is eligible only for 6 year old children with wild and unrealistic imagination. With the role of people reducing in the army in the future there is just no need in creating huge numbers of clone soldier........................................what was this topic about again?

And then the robots will take over and we'll become their batteries! (w00t)

After which we'll debase ourselves in massive orgies while Keanu Reeves will go "whoa" and make peace with the robots by debugging their software.

There are doors