Mad Scientists create Zombie Dogs!

DemonKing

Hmmm. I hate to think what that would do to somone's brain, but then te principle has already been used in a milder form in heart surgery, so you never know.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That is just plain creepy...

I never get why they spend time and research money on such things when the focus of their concentration and work should go on finding cures for diseases and such...

Oh well...

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Hypothermia works wonders for preserving the body, there are several cases where people who fell into cold water stayed below the surface for more than 15 minutes without suffering any damage to the brain or other organs :thumbsup:

And this IS useful, if you can apply this method to preserve an injured person long enough to get him to surgery then you would save their lives. Noone would need to die from bloodloss or heart failiure(provided you can rstart the heart at the hospital) again.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I never said it was useless... I just personally believe that such time and spending should be spent on the research of cures and treatments for diseases such as cancer and HIV etc. since more people die and suffer from such things than they do of bloodloss...

That's just my opinion though... we're all entitled to think differently :wub:

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

It's funny Roger, I was thinking the exact same thing. And also one the last note by a "battlefield doctor", so are they planning on using this on soldiers or what? Get shot up, die, drive em home to base and revive em. Now that would indeed be creepy.

I'm not a religious man, I dislike religion with all my heart, but I do believe in the soul.

Oh and dogs do have souls, at least I'm confident that mine did. :wub:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I never said it was useless... I just personally believe that such time and spending should be spent on the research of cures and treatments for diseases such as cancer and HIV etc. since more people die and suffer from such things than they do of bloodloss...

That's just my opinion though... we're all entitled to think differently  o:)

I'm sorry I can't agree with this "pragmatic science is best" approach. There are innumerable seemingly intractable problems that were solved due to some totally random benefit from research in a different sphere of science.

The corollory of your attitude is that "someone" decides what is worth researching in science, which is impractical at best and immoral at worst.

This is not just research into preserving people who have lost blood, it is a possible way to preserve organ donors (which is very difficult) and even the recipients!

As Kaftan said, there have been examples (not contrived!) in recent times where people have been submerged in sub-zero water for long periods of time and survived. I recall a child (around the Canadian-US border, IIRC) that was revived after hours.

As to people discussing the affect on the soul: these bodies aren't dead. Clincally, the autonomic system has shut down, but you have the same issues with people revived with defibrolators: do you believe these people have lost their original souls?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I really don't think this is the case. Death from bleeding is very common, even when you're in a hospital, because the doctors just doesn't have enough time to repair all the damaged blood vessels before your life runs out of your body. With this technique, a LOT more people could be saved (gunshot wounds, car accidents, chainsaw accidents, suicide attempts and so on). If only you could see how many people come into the ER every Friday night.. (my sister is a doctor).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I don't have a dog. And you can disbelieve everything, Flat, but that doesn't make you correct either.

And also one the last note by a "battlefield doctor", so are they planning on using this on soldiers or what? Get shot up, die, drive em home to base and revive em. Now that would indeed be creepy.
Overexploiting a resource. I'm sure that the vacant look in their bloody eyes would be regarded as a side effect. :D

I don't care much for religious establishments either, Lucius.

I'd be interested to see the application of this technique on the battlefield. I'm sure a lot more Soldiers will be saved if this method is used.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

How do you know that you don't lose your soul each time you fall asleep? o:)

After all, your consciousness could've been recreated each night, and the current you might be a entirely different person than you were yesterday, only with the same memories.

I mean, famous thought experiment: assume that I replaced your neurons one by one with electronic neurons that served the exact same purpose. At what point do you "lose" your soul, assuming that the transistors do the exact same thing and that the result is a person with the equivalent neuronal connections?

And what's more, what if I used the replaced cells to construct another brain that is neurologically identical to the electric one? Which body will your "consciousness" inhabit then, if any?

There are doors