TSL Restoration Project Release Date

When Aurora Team will release their anticipated restoration project?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. When Aurora Team will release their anticipated restoration project?

• September
    • October
    • November
    • December
    • January 2006

Well, waiting is boring, so let's speculate!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I'm going to do any release date stuff - when it's done it's done. I'm not even sure how much they've done so I have no idea anyway. Knowing what time did to K2 I don't even want to think about due dates.

You aren't really bored are you....

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

The problem with unofficial work, mods, expansions, etc. there is no set time for it to be released. It gets done whenever the people who are working on it have the time to work on it.

But lets speculate and say Winter.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Finals and exams were mentioned. People who have finals and exams also often have long summer holidays. :thumbsup:

But really, any time between September and forever is possible. I voted December, ready for the Christmas season.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Aww. It's just like we're real game designers now.

Now, now. Don't get too c0cky :luck:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

*sigh* :luck: The point i was making is stop fretting about the restoration, it will happen when it happens - in the meantime do other stuff. Its summer in the northern hemisphere go out and play, the time will pass that much quicker "a watched pot never boils" etc. When the mod arrives all shiny and new, neato! ;)

(disingenuous apologies to anybody i offended with my previous remark)

Your a better game designer then Obsidian will ever be.

Why do you say that? Just because K2 was released all hacked up and buggy does not mean that Obsidian are bad designers. They were rushed by LA so they were forced to cut a lot of stuff. If LA had been able to wait a few months we would be enjoying the full version of K2 and modders like Aurora would be coding actual mods instead of restoring cut content.

Why do you say that? Just because K2 was released all hacked up and buggy does not mean that Obsidian are bad designers. They were rushed by LA so they were forced to cut a lot of stuff. Had LA have been able to wait a few months we would be enjoying the full version of K2 and modders like Aurora would be coding actual mods instead of restoring cut content.

Hopefully you didn't take his comment as anything more than either a)someone being sarcastic or b)a troll who has no clue what he's talking about since (and no offense to the restoration people) they haven't even developed a game yet, while Obsidian's is selling quite well and has garnered quite a bit of critical acclaim.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

While Obsidian is responsible for the crappy storyline, they are at least partially responsible for not standing up to LA like Bioware did so they could actually give us a complete game!!

As for the ending content (and correct me if I'm wrong), I don't really think time had to do with it. Think about it: the stuff was already there, but someone cut it out from the game. Whether LA or Obsidian is responsible, I'm not sure, but I don't think you can blame it on time.

Your a better game designer then Obsidian will ever be.

Why do you say that? Just because K2 was released all hacked up and buggy does not mean that Obsidian are bad designers. They were rushed by LA so they were forced to cut a lot of stuff. If LA had been able to wait a few months we would be enjoying the full version of K2 and modders like Aurora would be coding actual mods instead of restoring cut content.

It was a mix of being sarcastic and me praising the team for all their work.

Release date: Soon! :devil:

And don't trust others to do the QA :blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

*sigh* :lol: The point i was making is stop fretting about the restoration, it will happen when it happens  - in the meantime do other stuff. Its summer in the northern hemisphere go out and play, the time will pass that much quicker "a watched pot never boils" etc. When the mod arrives all shiny and new, neato! :lol:

(disingenuous apologies to anybody i offended with my previous remark)

No offense taken. I don't want Aurora Team to rush things at all. This topic is just for fun. :)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

exactly :lol: .