law enforcement

Walsingham

We have been discussing what to do if you get robbed, and also the mechanics of lying.

I found this image, recently:

244.jpg

Thought it might be pertinent.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

can't see it, try a diff host please

Sorry about that. If you can see the link, I can only suggest you go straight to that. It's weird because when I bring up this page I can see the image just fine. I checked before I posted.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Th gist of it is that a man wakes up to discover thieves are raiding his shed. He rings the police and reports this, to be told there are no available units. So he hangs up, only to call a minute later and tell them "You don't need to hurry any more, I've shot them." Within minutes six cars, a helicopter and an armed response unit arrived on the scene, catching the burglars red handed. One of the arresting officers asked him "I thought you said you'd shot them?" To which he replied "And I thought you said there was no-one available."

-Elwood Blues

The only downside is that the police would storm your house, rummage through all your stuff to find any weapons and then most likely beat you up/spray you with mace or pepperspray or just plain shoot you :wub:"

And you probably wouldnt get the chance to tell them what really happned until after youve spent the night in jail and your lawyer comes by in the morning to sit by the interrogation.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

having a mother as a police officer can have its advantages.

tbh i think police work involves too much paper work and can be extremely complicated at times.

if you wanted to go into armed response and you fired a shot at someone holding a gun to your head then there would be a massive investigation, so it really isnt worth going into armed response.

my mothers first arrest was someone stealing a

Th gist of it is that  a man wakes up to discover thieves are raiding his shed. He rings the police and reports this, to be told there are no available units. So he hangs up, only to call a minute later and tell them "You don't need to hurry any more, I've shot them." Within minutes six cars, a helicopter and an armed response unit arrived on the scene, catching the burglars red handed. One of the arresting officers asked him "I thought you said you'd shot them?" To which he replied "And I thought you said there was no-one available."

I believe I first heard this in the reader's digest, but in that version, he didn't really shoot them, he just declared that and when the police arrived, they themselves caught the burglars...

And yes, Kaftan, they would probably do that... :wub:

:D There was talk a while ago of an official investigation into Police routine in Sweden. It clearly showed that the longer an officer has been in the force, the less he actually does. The major part of work(I think it was 90%) was done either by people only a few years into the force or dedicated people who worked so hard that they got sick from stress.

I have a friend whose a security guard and when they arrest someone, the police always lets them wait atleast two hours(usually 4-6) before showing up in the hope that they will get tired and release the arestee, so the Police wont have to do anything :wub: that way my friend gets to watch a lot of TV and drink a lot of coffee with all kinds of dodgy types.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

i should have perhaps made it clearer that Fish's view is right. The police in the original version were not being lazy. As he says, there's not any point in devoting instant reaction to a break-in, when resources are are tight as they are. Not least because the courts won't do anything with the people when they are caught.

So yeah. I wasn't having a bash at the police. I was just saying it was amusing. o:)

-Elwood Blues