Would Mace Windu Have beaten Sidious?

Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?

• yes
    • no

:p
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

:p-Sith lord
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

He likely became so uber-strong he thought himself invincible.

I doubt that. None of the Jedi had ever heard of him. He's a Sith who pressumably killed his master to get where he was and he puts himself in a position where his apprentice can sneak up on him in his sleep ? I find that really hard to buy.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Palpatine is weak. A Padawan from the Temple could beat him. I don't know why Vader didn't kill him way early and take control of the Sith for himself.

Oh come on, everyone knows Padme was the reason Anakin fell to the darkside.  If she wasn't there, he'd be a badass Jedi master and still have all his limbs (although not the cool suit).  :D  It's always the woman's fault.  :x  ^_^

Anakin was going to become Darth Vader no matter what. Palpatine was waiting for an opportunity. He saw one with Padme. He knew he could manipulate the situation to get Anakin to turn to the Dark Side. If you want to blame someone, blame Palpatine.

Dude, chill, I was kidding. :p But I seriously wouldn't call Palpatine weak. He was a beast. Even Yoda had a tough time fighting him. Although I don't understand either why Vader didn't kill Palpatine/Sidous himself. Maybe he just lost his nerve or his ego after Padme died. Pity, though. Anakin's character makes Vader look bad.

@ShadowPaladin: Sidious is a master manipulator. He might have been on his master's good side and so was able to gain his trust very easily and thus, betray him all the more easily.

Time for this moth to get some sleep. :cool: G'night, everyone. Oh wait...moths come out during the night. >_<

He likely became so uber-strong he thought himself invincible.

I doubt that. None of the Jedi had ever heard of him. He's a Sith who pressumably killed his master to get where he was and he puts himself in a position where his apprentice can sneak up on him in his sleep ? I find that really hard to buy.

Actually, you don't know if none of the Jedi had heard of him.

He also didn't sound like one of those maniacal Sith that kill things for the sake of killing things.

For all we know, his master died of natural causes :p

Actually, you don't know if none of the Jedi had heard of him.

He also didn't sound like one of those maniacal Sith that kill things for the sake of killing things.

For all we know, his master died of natural causes :)

Actually we do because the Jedi are unaware that the Sith still live until they meet Maul. If they had been aware him , then would have also been aware that Sith still existed prior to EPI.

Dont really find out much about him.

Palpy killed him in his sleep. That much we do know.

Thats accepting what Palpy said is the truth.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, they have known of the Sith. They probably made an erroneous mistake of thinking they were extinct.

Given that Plageuis could prevent death, who knows how long he was alive...or Palpatine really for that matter.

Well, they have known of the Sith.  They probably made an erroneous mistake of thinking they were extinct.

Given that Plageuis could prevent death, who knows how long he was alive...or Palpatine really for that matter.

The EU probably has some background on Palpatine.

478327[/snapback]

You know If Palpatine was as smart as he likes to think he is, he would have had a kill switch put in vaders suit.

well... what was the purpose of those buttons on vader's suit?

Well the "Darth Vader Voice Changer" kids toy has those buttons for playing those quotes and breathing sounds.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Indeed. :(

kirottu said:

In the novelisations it is said that Vader was not powerful enough to defeat Sidious in his state, that is why he wanted Luke to join the Dark Side... then together they could rule the galaxy as father & son.

At least thats how its told