Would Mace Windu Have beaten Sidious?

Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?

• yes
    • no

One of the problems I have with anakin vs. Vader is that anakin's evil always felt petty and juvenile while Vader was very cool and very ruthless, and I never saw the transition to Vader that I was looking for.

It's been a while but I dont recall Vader doing anything particularly evil. He was ruthless , punished failure with death and all that but I cant think of anything he did that in the same evil bracket as Anakin. Torturing Han Solo for no reason, but I dont know if there is any proof that he ordered that, or if it was the imperial soldiers amusing themselves. Vader as the perfect warrior on a mission to bring order to the galaxy even if it meant crushing it in an iron fist was a character you could almost admire, even if you didnt agree with his methods. Anakin and EPI-III changed that image.

The whole redemption and forgiveness thing in light of EP all seems a bit farcical to me.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Aside from killing Dooku Vader was the creature that commited all the atrocities in the Jedi temple. After the Mace incident Anakin was far gone. Vader is cold hearted, Vader is merciless, Vader is ambitious, he is the full embodiment of Anakin's dark alter ego.

Why would vader ask about his wife after he'd turned on her (I never do this after choking a girl in a drunken rage, and Vader was sober)?

Welcome to individual differences. Vader may not have been under the influence of alcohol, but he definitely was not thinking straight. Obi-Wan's presence infuriated him into a frenzy.

Oh come on, everyone knows Padme was the reason Anakin fell to the darkside. If she wasn't there, he'd be a badass Jedi master and still have all his limbs (although not the cool suit). :D It's always the woman's fault. :rolleyes: ^_^

But seriously, I think Vader was in a blind rage when he turned on Padme. He still had feelings for her, but he was dillusional at the time. After he had recovered, his sense returned and he needed to know if she was okay or not. (then he let out the big NOOOOOOOOOO! when he found out)

And had Yoda outright said, "Padme could become a Force Ghost and you can be with her forever in the Force", things might have been different.

Transposed and misleading Yoda's teachings are.

I don't think Yoda even knew this though. I got the impression that Qui-Gon informs him of that ability later on. It seems as though the novelization supports this.

Palpatine is weak. A Padawan from the Temple could beat him. I don't know why Vader didn't kill him way early and take control of the Sith for himself.

Oh come on, everyone knows Padme was the reason Anakin fell to the darkside.  If she wasn't there, he'd be a badass Jedi master and still have all his limbs (although not the cool suit).  :D  It's always the woman's fault.  ;)  ^_^

Anakin was going to become Darth Vader no matter what. Palpatine was waiting for an opportunity. He saw one with Padme. He knew he could manipulate the situation to get Anakin to turn to the Dark Side. If you want to blame someone, blame Palpatine.

But that would be a lie! Padme isn't even Force-sensitive, so how could she learn to be a Force Ghost?

By being given regular midichlorian "injections" by Anakin.

Actually I'm kind of wondering about that. George said its ok for Jedi to have meaningless sex but not to marry. Is that where all the force sensitives and Jedi end up coming from..

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

But that would be a lie! Padme isn't even Force-sensitive, so how could she learn to be a Force Ghost?

By being given regular midichlorian "injections" by Anakin.

Actually I'm kind of wondering about that. George said its ok for Jedi to have meaningless sex but not to marry. Is that where all the force sensitives and Jedi end up coming from..

Force runs through everyone and everything whether they are Force Sensitive or not. My opinion is, the parent doesn't have to be force sensitive for the child to be. It is just a given fact that if the parent is Force Sensitive the child will be too.

Force runs through everyone and everything whether they are Force Sensitive or not. My opinion is, the parent doesn't have to be force sensitive for the child to be. It is just a given fact that if the parent is Force Sensitive the child will be too.

But now how strong you are in the force depends on your midichlorian count and if they are in your blood perhaps they are in other places as well.

So some of that should "rub off" on the Jedi's partner.

478327[/snapback]

Where's a "You are all gay!"-poster when you need one?

Jags? Numberman?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hey it's a fair question ! It could have huge implications on the Star Wars universe.

I mean what happens if you give someone a blood transfusion ? Or drain all the blood out of a jedi and put it in yourself ? Does that mean instant force powers?

478327[/snapback]

Well, I meant the thread in general.

Change elf/kindred/nagaraja/deep one/wtf to jedi's place and you get hours worth of that talk.

Thanks, Numbie.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

He's a fanboy Alan. You know, those guys. :ph34r:

kirottu said:

:p
kirottu said:

Food input? Manual breath control? Keyboard for playing imperial march?

kirottu said: