Would Mace Windu Have beaten Sidious?

Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?

• yes
    • no

Hahaha...

Regardless i was just watching the film again on my PC examing the fight sequence between Sidious & Mace Windu.

When Sidious is on the floor beginning for his life, whilst Mace is talking & Anakin is argueing then Sidous grins for a split second & shifts his eyes to dart back between the two.

This to me is conclusive that Sidious had no fear at all & therefore must of orchestrated such a situation.

Sidious was prepared to die trying. The Sith had wanted revenge for 1000 years and Sidious like all the Sith befor him was desperate for redemption. Mace may have killed Sidious but Sidious was confident he would sway Anakin to his side because he had a stronger bond to Anakin than Mace. On top of that Sidious had played his trump card (the plaegius trump card that is). Mace would have killed Palpatine - if it wasn't for that pesky kid :lol:

Open to interpretation I suppose. Myself? I thought Sidious was holding back, so to speak. He wanted to force Anakin into action, into choosing a path. He clearly wasn't spent, as soon as the choice was made Palps zapped Shaft out of the windu.

Jesus, that scene was awful to watch. It felt so awkward.

look for NonSequiter, they have Obviousman. (On his shirt they have Duh crossed out with a no smoking red thingy.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hahaha...

Regardless i was just watching the film again on my PC examing the fight sequence between Sidious & Mace Windu.

When Sidious is on the floor beginning for his life, whilst Mace is talking & Anakin is argueing then Sidous grins for a split second & shifts his eyes to dart back between the two.

This to me is conclusive that Sidious had no fear at all & therefore must of orchestrated such a situation.

Yeeeeah! I was filling in the blanks in the above post.

Some would say it was more like the ending of his life...but there's never a time like the present to start fresh, eh? ^_^

manthing2.jpg

I admire your blindness to obvious facts we can see in ROTS movie and read in novelization. There was no faking from Palps side and discussion is over.

Really? Here's the excerpt from the novel, right at the point when Palps was firing lightning at Mace and had him in trouble.

Pg. 334 of the hardcover Revenge of the Sith novelization:

"Help me!  I can't hold on any longer!"  The yellow glare from Palpatine's eyes spread outward through his flesh.  His skin flowed like oil, as though the muscle beneath was burning away, as though even the bones of his skull were softening, were bending and bulging, deforming from the heat and pressure of his electric hatred.  "He is killing me, Anakin!  Please, Anaahhh..."

Mace's blade bent so close to his face that he was choking on ozone.  "Anakin, he's too strong for me...."

"Ahhh..." Palpatine's roar above the endless blast of lightning became a fading moan of dispair.

The lightning swallowed itself, leaving only the night and the rain, and an old man crumpled to his knees on a slippery ledge.

If you will notice, Palpatine was on the brink of destroying Mace, but with Mace pleading with Anakin for help, Palpatine figured Anakin might side with Mace so he goes DIRECTLY from dominating Mace to the point Mace says "Anakin, he's too strong for me...", to becoming that feeble old man.

So Nurb, I'd say the novelization does make it quite obvious that Palpatine "gave up" in his fight because he didn't want to risk having Anakin side with Mace at that moment. That excerpt, atleast, definitely points to it.

In context, it looks more like those quotes are coming from Palpatine. More context to show that they are coming from Mace Windu, please? This is especially considering that after each quotation is a statement about Palpatine's becoming deformed and that it is Palpatine whose "Ahhh..." becomes a fading moan of despair. Clarification?

Here's a larger exceprt:

Palpatine staggered, snarling, but the blistering energy that loured from his hands only intensified.

He fed the power with his pain.

"Anakin!" Mace called. His voice sounded distant, blurred, ; if it came from the bottom of a well. "Anakin, help me! This is

your chance!"

He felt Anakin's leap from the office floor to the ledge, felt his approach behind

How can any body still think that Mace would have won, that is ridiculous

That's what I think.

You think that Mace would have won, or you think that it's ridiculous to think that mace would have won?

-_-" :D

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.