Would Mace Windu Have beaten Sidious?

Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?

• yes
    • no

well, i don't really know, i personally think the way Palpatine took out the Jedi was a real cowardly way of doing it.

If he was so powerful, he could take them out himself.....i know i would, they were all in remote locations.

Personally Palpatine is a coward, he had to send Anakin into the Jedi Academy place and he had his clone troopers kill the other remote Jedi.....so, Sith Master? no, Sith coward is more like it.

well, i don't really know, i personally think the way Palpatine took out the Jedi was a real cowardly way of doing it.

If he was so powerful, he could take them out himself.....i know i would, they were all in remote locations.

Personally Palpatine is a coward, he had to send Anakin into the Jedi Academy place and he had his clone troopers kill the other remote Jedi.....so, Sith Master? no, Sith coward is more like it.

And that's why you will always be the one receiving orders, and never giving them.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Weak argument

Nur I usually agree with most of your posts...but that is not a weak arguement.

Here's what I think went down.

Mace disarmed Sidious...true...but Sidious was not weak...

he was playing the whole thing off for anakin...anakin had to see the man who had the answer to his problems getting weaker and about to die at the hands of Mace...therefore Anakin would be forced to choose.....palps dies and padme dies....or mace dies and padme lives...anakin had to kill mace, because he could never go back to the Jedi after killing someone as important as mace....

I think Sidious lost his saber, not on purpose...he was just rusty...but I also believe that he held back his force lightning...and let it touch his face so it would deform him....the whole time he's saying he's weak and his lightning is hitting him he's smiling and etc.

I think he could have beaten mace with the force after he lost his saber....because Palps was pretty much at a draw with yoda....force level...and saber level....

Mace was second to Yoda...not as powerful....it's basic math....Mace was a badass Jedi...but Sidious was the Dark Lord of the Sith. Ultimate badass.

So you think Adolf Hitler should have killed every single jew because he hated them?

Or do you think that Trumen should have just flew to europe and killed every nazi single handedly?

Or you think George W. Bush should go himself and search every cave for osama? (ok well that one...I kinda wish was true...I hate george)

but cmon...you've got to be kidding right?

Sidious is the planner, the Master, The Leader...he sends other people to do his oversees (other planetary) work.

Him going planet to planet while concealing his identity to the senate just to kill each jedi personally is the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

THE END

Mace was second to Yoda...not as powerful....it's basic math....Mace was a badass Jedi...but Sidious was the Dark Lord of the Sith.  Ultimate badass.

Basic math doesn't work when applied to SW.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Star wars logic

You run when sombody's shooting at thin air.

You run when you have the upper hand,

You fight and win when everything's hopeless.

All you have to do is block and everything will be just fine

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

..what if you try and apply the d20 system?

Well, every weird (as in anti-logical) SW situation can be explained by assuming that somebody just rolled a natural 1 or 20. But that's just lame.

The official local uber geek at Wizards.com said that the SW d20 ruleset was not meant to explain the movies, but rather to provide a framework for people to create situations in that universe. Whatever. :)

isidious underestimated mace its of my opinion that sidious believed that he would beat mace, he foresaw it but mace proved to be alot tougher than sidious thought and sidious made a mistake, and banked on anakin arriving at the right time. anakin did, and sidious was self assured that he would beat mace, thats y sidious was scared until anakin cut off his arm

It was smart.

He needed Anakin to wipe out the Jedi Council to push him further along the path of the darkside.

As for the rest of the Jedi, why waste your time trying to kill them when you can quickly and decisively wipe out many of them all at once.

I doubt you'd take them out yourself as you say you would. Palpatine recognized the Jedi as his only legitimate threat, and he can only be at one place at one time. With all the Jedi being in remote locations, he's going to have to planet hop, and go around executing the Jedi. During which time, the OTHER Jedi would regroup and reorganize. Sidious isn't an idiot....he knows that catching the Jedi off guard is the best way to eliminate them, not by going after them one by one.

Oh, and for the record...I did vote for Mace :D

I just feel that Palpatine wasn't actually trying his hardest, but if he was, I still think Mace would have chance. I'd pit them as being pretty evenly matched...one would win probably by chance.

well one thing everyone seems to agree on here is that anakin is a complete whiny pain in the ass(to be refered to as PITA for now on), and that george lucas has a pretty big penchant for eating his own words and doing some pretty contriditoray things in his interviews/movies/books. but on a lighter scale i would like to officially dub myself as mace's long lost nephew who happend to find the lightsaber(purple) of a long fallen jedi......off to lukes academy(jedi knight 4 to be prodcued by obsidianent :D). ok..im done.

Windu would have won simply because Palpitine couldn't keep up the attack and would have killed himself if he hadn't had Whiny save him

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You fools do not know the power of the DarkSide....

Palpatine killed 3 high jedi masters, two of which were on the council, before he had to fight mace....oh yeah...in a matter of 10 seconds....

how can you guys still talk **** about him? I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that Palpatine really was faking it. His dual seemed rather slow, and from what I've heard from GL and the novel, it makes perfect sense as to why he'd be holding back.

Think about it: once he seemed helpless and Mace tried to kill him, Anakin would intervene and Sidious would have him in the palm of his hand. He needed Anakin's loyalty, and making the Jedi seem evil was a great way of doing it. And don't forget that he had no trouble blasting Mace out of the building once Anakin sliced his arm off. That, and he was one of the most powerful Sith Lords of all time. I know Mace is one bad motherf***er, but I think he was overmatched. :cool: