Would Mace Windu Have beaten Sidious?

Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?

• yes
    • no

Young loves springs eternal....

for palpatine...Stinkin Palpatine Fangorillaz

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

His many arguments with Nur Ab Sal drove him to it.

For the nth time. I don't argue with Nur Ab Sal. I just flame him in a perfectly impersonal and detached way.

mtv5.jpg

's just bizness, bitch

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Except when Palpatine was tickling him to death with lightning bolts.  :-"

Well, Luke had never seen anything like that before, and he was making a defiant statement that he'd never turn to the darkside.

Tossing away his saber probably wasn't the best choice though when facing a Sith Lord. He underestimated the wrinkled one ;)

Luke might have fared better against Emperor's force lightning had he not thrown away his saber, but I don't have much faith in Luke's abilities.

I think Luke was pretty badass in Return of the Jedi. He was still the whiny farmboy in Episode IV and Episode V, but he really seemed to come into his own in Episode VI.

I noticed it more when I watched it with someone who had never seen the movies before. She was pretty impressed with Luke's plan to save Han. He knew Jabba wasn't going to give up Solo, so he planted his lightsaber on R2. He anticipated that the rescue attempt might not go as planned and he may get captured....hence he could not have his lightsaber on him lest it be confiscated. (I think Leia trying to rescue him might not have been part of his grand plan....but even then, it got Han "free" of the Carbonite so that they could be together if they got captured).

Luke had quite the foresight during the whole Jabba incident, and my friend was confused as to why Luke was seemingly overconfident the whole time...she thought he was just trying to bluff him the whole time. Perhaps he was able to use the Force to anticipate the future so that he could set all the cards in motion correctly.

Luke in Episode 6 = o:)

Although, Obi-Wan in prequels = :-:thumbsup:

Ewan McGregor was the best part of the prequels IMO, and I really liked how his character grew throughout the movie. He was young and headstrong (like he told Yoda) when he was Luke's age. I don't think he was very comfortable with the teaching role at first, as he did seem quite critical of Anakin in Episode 2...although he just wanted the best for Anakin. By the time Episode 3 came along, he was clearly a wiser, and much more capable, Jedi. He accepted part of the responsibility of Anakin's fall, and I'm certain he had such a relationship with Anakin that had it been Obi-Wan holding Sidious at lightsaber point, I'm not so sure he would have been as willing to save Palpatine. This probably is also affected by Anakin's dislike of Mace (whom always seemed to undermine Anakin in Episode 3....not that Mace was wrong in doing so, but Anakin's biggest confrontations with the Council seemed to involve Mace).

Why would Palpatine display weakness before Anakin's even near and zap Windu in front of Anakin since it would be counterproductive to his defenceless theme?

Palpatine displays his "weakness" just as Anakin enters the room. The only thing Anakin missed was Palpatine being disarmed and pushed into the corner. In my opinion, it's the optimal outcome for Palpatine because it lends credence to Palpatine claiming "I told you....the Jedi are taking over."

But Mace and Palpatine are still going at it with the lightsabers when Anakin is powerwalking his way through the Chancellor's office.

Trying to zap Mace would have given Mace more conviction that Palpatine should just be executed right then and there, since he'd be too dangerous to be left alive. Until Palpatine tried force lightning, he was merely "under arrest." With Palpatine's life immediately on the line, it forces Anakin's hand if he still wants to save Padme.

Why would Palpatine display weakness before Anakin's even near and zap Windu in front of Anakin since it would be counterproductive to his defenceless theme?

Palpatine displays his "weakness" just as Anakin enters the room. The only thing Anakin missed was Palpatine being disarmed and pushed into the corner. In my opinion, it's the optimal outcome for Palpatine because it lends credence to Palpatine claiming "I told you....the Jedi are taking over."

But Mace and Palpatine are still going at it with the lightsabers when Anakin is powerwalking his way through the Chancellor's office.

Trying to zap Mace would have given Mace more conviction that Palpatine should just be executed right then and there, since he'd be too dangerous to be left alive. Until Palpatine tried force lightning, he was merely "under arrest." With Palpatine's life immediately on the line, it forces Anakin's hand if he still wants to save Padme.

I agree with you on that one.

Anakin walked in and saw only the "aftermath" of the battle. Had he entered a bit later he would've most likely see a dead Palpy.

I voted, Yes. Mace WOULD have killed Palpatine had not Anakin interfered.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."