Would Mace Windu Have beaten Sidious?

Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?

• yes
    • no

You people just read official novelization. In official novelization Palps uses every power to beat Windu yet he fails. The duel is described in details and it is clear that Windu was superior. Also illustrated screenplay shows that there was no "play" from Palps side. HE LOST.

You children only speculate. Movie shows how Palps got spanked and you just have no proofs. Same I could speculate that Palps attacked Luke in ROTJ cause he wanted to be killed by Vader :huh:"

I agree with Nur Ab Sal on this one, ol' Palps was struggling against Windu you saw him trying to hold Windu off with all the old fart strength he had and when Windu had him cornered and the Whiny One was watching he used it to his advantage, to make him look innocent :huh::geek:

Yoda is the most powerful Jedi in the universe, and Palpy beat Yoda down.  Palpy looked weak against Windu because he wanted to.

Who told you Yoda's most powerful? Anakin is the most powerful Jedi of that time. I also think Yoda is old and exhausted while Mace was in his height. Besides novelization stated clearly that Palps wasn't acting Do I really have to repeat that? You don't have any proof for "acting theory", live with it.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

George Lucas has said that Yoda is the most powerful Jedi.

George Lucas has said that Anakin had the potential to become the most powerful Jedi, even more powerful than Yoda, but last time I checked, Anakin got beat down by Obi-Wan.

George Lucas said many things that contradicts each other.

The movie, the screenplay and the novelization, rule out "acting theory", state that Palps was fighting for real, and say that Anakin is the most powerful. What George said in some forgotten interview doesn't matter.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

George Lucas has said that Yoda is the most powerful Jedi.

George Lucas has said that Anakin had the potential to become the most powerful Jedi, even more powerful than Yoda, but last time I checked, Anakin got beat down by Obi-Wan.

dude where does it say "GL said Yoda was the most powerful of the Jedi"?! :geek: , face it ,Mace would've have beaten Palp's ass if the Whiny One wasn't there to back the old fart up! :huh:

:rolleyes::lol::thumbsup:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

mace wouldn't have beaten sidious, because sidious planned everything from the beginning he wanted to be beaten so anakin could save him and choose the dark side. Sidious is wise and cruel. He is so powerful that any jedi except Yoda can't stand against him

It is too big, you should have cropped it before using it, are those black bars really necessary?

Look at Nartwak's uber awesome silhouette for example. Nightcrawler is just flipping off the van as easy as you'd take a dump. Its compact yet its musch cooler than your sig Jodo.

He couldn't have beat him!

And my evidence for that is that he didn't beat him :rolleyes:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

I'm of the opinion that Mace would have won if not for Anikin's interference. Claiming that Sidious could easily toy with someone as powerful as Windu just seems foolish when you consider the way that he died in the sixth and final movie.

Sidious wasn't a god, don't make him out to be.

clap clap clap

discussion over...

Again, George Lucas said personally in interviews, and in the movies that Yoda was the most powerful Jedi.

Palpatine beat down Yoda.

Thusly, Palpatine is the most powerful Force User in all 6 movies. You'll note that Mace Windu takes some powerful Jedi with him to arrest Palpatine, and he kills them quickly. The only one he doesn't kill quickly is Mace Windu, because he uses Mace as a tool to push Anakin over the edge.

The entire prequel trilogy revolves around his patience, and ability to manipulate the entire galaxy. Yet you think he's weak and old?

What movies were you watching?

I admire your blindness to obvious facts we can see in ROTS movie and read in novelization. There was no faking from Palps side and discussion is over.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Palps obviously never faked anything.

Did the novelization outright say that Palp was lying in Episodes 1 or 2?

No. Then he was telling the truth the entire time!

And I can't really say what the novel for 3 says, because I haven't read it. But rest assured, I will see if I can nab a copy real soon.

Either way, there is no denying that the entire prequel trilogy rests on Palpatine's ability to deceive, appear innocent and harmless, and manipulate the entire galaxy, including the entire Jedi order.

Furthermore, Lucas still said that Yoda is the most powerful Jedi, and Palpy still beat Yoda down.

You ignore my points and state that your belief is the only valid one, pretending that others don't have any interpretations of their own.

http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/grunter.htm

No. I just say you don't have proofs for your ridiculuos theory. Using your way of thinking, we can speculate that Jews originated from Mars or that Atlantean Kings are secretly controlling US goverment. Movie and book don't support your theory, but of course you can believe in anything, your brain will produce.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

To bring some balance (heh) to the twisted knots of argument...

Obviously, the Palpatine we see in the movie can be interpreted either way. His frightened behaviour could be real, his having been defeated by Mace: or, it could have been a calculated faking, putting himself at such a position to ensure Anakin's betrayal. The question then becomes, how many legitimate pieces of evidences are there for which side of the argument, to tip the scale and take the hat off to the most likely theory. :thumbsup:

Well.. pro-Palpatine: Lucas said Yoda was the most powerful Jedi. Ender, did he explicitly state that Yoda was powerful in every way? I always imagined Yoda to have great knowledge of the Force and power in using it, but not as skilled with the lightsaber, at least by that age. Prove me wrong. :p

pro-Mace:Well, okay, novel says so. Not being a super-SW-fan, I have to ask this question: if there is the movie and the novelisation, which one is the more 'official'? just how canon is the novel?

Personally, I'm akin to the pro-Mace argument just because it is unlikely Palpatine would risk his life (and all of his plans. and the continuing existence of the Sith Lords.) in the belief that Mace would capture him, as opposed to swooshing his head off then and there. Now, I know somebody will come at me with "Jedi never kill unarmed opponents", but if you were the last Sith Lord left, Anakin was still "Good", and your life was on the stake, would you really risk it? After all, Mace did attempt to kill Palpatine outright later. There were less risky ways for Palpatine to convert Anakin..

No. I just say you don't have proofs for your ridiculuos theory. Using your way of thinking, we can speculate that Jews originated from Mars or that Atlantean Kings are secretly controlling US goverment. Movie and book don't support your theory, but of course you can believe in anything, your brain will produce.

No, you ignore the proof I offer up without attempting to rebutt it. My proof relies on three major points, which you repeatedly ignore.

1 - The books never go out of their way to suggest Palpatine is lying or decieving. It's inferred, and eventually outright stated in context. If you can't make the inferrence that Palpatine lies or makes himself look harmless when he isn't then you apparently really didn't get the movies at all. The scene in question, and the specific point of debate here is that Palpatine specifically stated that he was on the brink of death at Mace Windu's hands. Palpatine also stated that his visage reflects the damage that Mace Windu did to Palpatine. However, where as I haven't read the novel, the Visual Dictionary states that is Sidious's true face and always has been, but Windu's attack revealed it.

Clearly Palpatine wasn't on the brink of death as he turned the tables the second he wanted to, and he had lied about everything else in said conversation. Why do you insist there is no "proof" he lied about not being able to defend himself?

2 - Does the story arch of the entire prequel trilogy rest about accepting that Palpatine/Sidious was capable of deceiving even the most perceptive of Jedi, and the entire galaxy? Yes. Does the plot of Episode 3 specifically rely upon Sidious setting up Anakin to turn? Yes. Does the script and novel go so far as to suggest that Sidious even created the immaculate conception of Anakin through the Force and orchestrated all of Anakin's life? Yes.

Despite his grand strategy over decades and trillions of lives in the galaxy, you find it impossible to believe that Palpatine was faking it, and claim there is no proof to suggest Palpatine was faking it?

Palpatine faked everything! Can you seriously claim to be that dense to suggest there is no reason to believe Palpatine didn't fake something?

3 - Again, most every major character recognizes Yoda as the most powerful Jedi. Lucas has outright said it to boot. Palpatine beats Yoda down, and yet you suggest Palpatine was old and weak. You completely ignore the beginning of that scene where Palpatine moves with insane speed and chops down other Jedi Masters in the blink of an eye. Truly, Palpatine was weak.

I said that you ignored my points, and act as if your view is the only possible one. You reaffirmed my stance. I don't know how to explain it any more clear than that. If you still insist that your particular subjective interpretation is the only one possible, then I'll call you ignorant.

Movies are subject to interpretion. You can argue your view and that's fine. Saying that your interepretation is the only one is pretty arguemenative.