Would Mace Windu Have beaten Sidious?

Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?

• yes
    • no

Powerful? That was his last desperate effort.

If he could kill Windu he would do that and later tell Anakin some new bulls...t

He got spanked instead. Get used to it.

That seems to be quite the debate over at the Official Star Wars forums. Personally, I tend to agree with those who say that Palpatine was just "toying" with Mace, especially when he sensed Anakin approach.

He was a master of manipulation and knew that if Anakin saw Mace picking on an old, weak man, he'd be more inclined to align with Sidious than if Sidious was beating the snot out of Mace. In that instance, Palps probably assumed Anakin would side with Mace instead.

You have to remember what Sidious was all about. He manhandled Yoda later on, he manhandled THREE Jedi Masters when they came to arrest him. So I don't think it's a stretch that he was toying with Mace for the benefit of the Whining One.

"buhu, i think this and that." nobody cares what you and others "think. if you've seen the movie, you'd know that mace beats palpatine. fair and square. if you don't like it, too bad. interpret it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that mace wins.

palpatine did not manhandle yoda. palpatine was afraid of yoda; why else would he try to run away? the fight was pretty close, until they both fell down.

After palp has done his self-zapping and is deformed (read: revealed) the movie has a dialog-break. In this break palp is going "oh please dont kill me etc." But as he looks at Dark Helmet you (the audience) clearly sees the glimmer of malicious/manipulative expectation in his eyes when he awaits ani's response. Well at least I do :-

The sad thing is that people think that Palpatine can orchestrate an entire duel between a very powerful and dangerous Jedi Master. That is simply wishful thinking. Mace had a dangerous lightsaber form and he was offensively superb. He could have sliced Sidious' head off.

Also, I think that Mace has had more combat experience and training, i dont think that palp was trained as a boy in the dark side, so mace may have had an edge on palp, and like you said, it is pretty difficult to plan an entire duel with a jedi master, especially mace, he was probably the best with a lightsaber, other that obi-wan, and yoda is nasty, but he isn't as good with a lightsaber as mace is because hes more of a force kinda guy.

"buhu, i think this and that." nobody cares what you and others "think. if you've seen the movie, you'd know that mace beats palpatine. fair and square. if you don't like it, too bad. interpret it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that mace wins.

palpatine did not manhandle yoda. palpatine was afraid of yoda; why else would he try to run away? the fight was pretty close, until they both fell down.

Wow, you really showed me there. :-

If Mace "won", then why did he die and Palpatine still alive? :thumbsup:" In your own words, you can interpret all you want, but when all is said and done Mace is splattered on a pavement somewhere and Palps is busy cackling til his heart's content.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I voted yes. While it is feasible that Sidious was bluffing, I don't think that was the case. I think he was really going be killed, but he knew that Anakin would save him by either dissarming or killing Windu, so he didn't bother trying to escape.

Wow, you really showed me there. :rolleyes:

If Mace "won", then why did he die and Palpatine still alive? :-" In your own words, you can interpret all you want, but when all is said and done Mace is splattered on a pavement somewhere and Palps is busy cackling til his heart's content.

And I suppose you think that Anakin slicing Mace up had nothing to do with that? :rolleyes:

hooray Palp lost yet survived and mace won and died. Certainly makes you want to lose more. Perhaps the reason that Mace died was because he was confused by mr. "We Have to Kill Dukoo but can't kill his boss" it's very odd.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Wow, you really showed me there. :)

If Mace "won", then why did he die and Palpatine still alive? :-" In your own words, you can interpret all you want, but when all is said and done Mace is splattered on a pavement somewhere and Palps is busy cackling til his heart's content.

And I suppose you think that Anakin slicing Mace up had nothing to do with that? :rolleyes:

Hey, either theory holds. I just didn't appreciate his condescending tone in his. If someone's going to act condescending, then their post better be absolutely flawless and their theory air tight. His was not, since he claimed Mace "won". He didn't win, at most he had an advantage. Had he "won", Palps would have been dead and Mace alive.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Wow, you really showed me there. :)

Hey, either theory holds. I just didn't appreciate his condescending tone in his. If someone's going to act condescending, then their post better be absolutely flawless and their theory air tight. His was not, since he claimed Mace "won". He didn't win, at most he had an advantage. Had he "won", Palps would have been dead and Mace alive.

Mace shouldve' just stabbed Sidious in the balls instead of talking and ended it right there :-

I'm of the opinion that Mace would have won if not for Anikin's interference. Claiming that Sidious could easily toy with someone as powerful as Windu just seems foolish when you consider the way that he died in the sixth and final movie.

Sidious wasn't a god, don't make him out to be. He might have been manipulating Anikin at the end of the fight when he knew he'd lost, but I doubt that he'd have come out on top if Anikin hadn't jumped in.

I think Mace had Palpatine. Palpatine's saber skills looked quite average, or at least not that spectacular although I like his stabbing style. Windu is supposed to be the best fighter among the Jedi and he had Palpatine disarmed and scuttling (genuinely) and cornered before Anakin even arrived.

It's entirely possible that Palpatine improvised when he saw Anakin there, but he was on the ropes by that time IMO. As for him gleefully chucking Windu out of the window, it's not that hard when Windu's shocked/handlessless/defenseless/distracted.

Does anyone else get tired of Jedi's gettin their hands cut off? <_<

No. No. NEVER!!1

Spreading beauty with my katana.

You people just read official novelization. In official novelization Palps uses every power to beat Windu yet he fails. The duel is described in details and it is clear that Windu was superior. Also illustrated screenplay shows that there was no "play" from Palps side. HE LOST.

You children only speculate. Movie shows how Palps got spanked and you just have no proofs. Same I could speculate that Palps attacked Luke in ROTJ cause he wanted to be killed by Vader :thumbsup:"

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Why do people talk as though Yoda is so much more powerful than Mace Windu? They seemed to be equals on the council, though with differing combat styles.

From what I could tell Palpatine lost the battle and then improvised when he saw Anakin because he had a glimmer of hope because he was somewhat confident he could convince Anakin. Palpatine could manipulate the council somewhat but there's no way he can orchestrate individual events especially those concerning Jedi Masters.

Sidious was just acting like that so Anakin would "save him" he didn't need help.

guess your right, but still why didn't Mace kill sidious when he had him cornered, instead of telling him was arresting him, again, i would have simply put my saber through Sidious' head and ended it right there. :huh:

Because it's Samuel L. Jackson.

NO! Read the fricken novel! Palpatine let Mace win you iggnorant bafoons!

i read the novel, you don't have to scream :geek:

That wasn't screaming. THIS IS SCREAMING! :huh:

YOU PEOPLE ARE HURTING MY EARS!