Would Mace Windu Have beaten Sidious?

Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would Mace Windu have Sidious if Anakin Wasn't There?

• yes
    • no

Mace already defeated Sidious. Sidious was left at mercy of Windu and Anakin and their disagreement caused his survival.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Nope - palp was just playing in order to win over Dark Helmet. He clearly showed just how powerful he was after ani had cut of Mace's arm

Powerful? That was his last desperate effort.

If he could kill Windu he would do that and later tell Anakin some new bulls...t

He got spanked instead. Get used to it.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

If he could kill Windu he would do that and later tell Anakin some new bulls.t

Darth Sidious knew Anakin is the one who had to kill Mace Windu, so Anakin would have no option but to join Darth Sidious. If Sidious killed Windu on his own, then it would look quite bad infront of Anakin, and we might not have episodes 4,5, and 6.

Weak argument

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

If Sidious was really fighting at his best, why didn't he use the force to pick up chairs and crap to throw at Mace Windu, then use lightning to throw him out off the building? Because he was faking, he killed the other Jedi to ensure that he could hold of Mace Windu until the correct time came.

That was a very tough decision, but I voted no. I think Sidious might have been holding back just so he could deceive Anakin and convert him. Sidious made himself look helpless, and then made it seem like Windu was going to kill a helpless opponent which the Jedi are VERY against. As I said, it was a very tough decision, and I would've voted "I don't know" if that was an option. :luck:

If he could kill Windu he would do that and later tell Anakin some new bulls...t

He got spanked instead. Get used to it.

That seems to be quite the debate over at the Official Star Wars forums. Personally, I tend to agree with those who say that Palpatine was just "toying" with Mace, especially when he sensed Anakin approach.

He was a master of manipulation and knew that if Anakin saw Mace picking on an old, weak man, he'd be more inclined to align with Sidious than if Sidious was beating the snot out of Mace. In that instance, Palps probably assumed Anakin would side with Mace instead.

You have to remember what Sidious was all about. He manhandled Yoda later on, he manhandled THREE Jedi Masters when they came to arrest him. So I don't think it's a stretch that he was toying with Mace for the benefit of the Whining One.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'd recommend some of you should watch the movie a second time.

Look carefully at Sidious' facial expressions. There IS a lot uncertainty, surprise and fear.

Then tell me whether you still hold Sidious was just "toying" with Yoda & Mace...

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

There is only one baddest mutha' and that aint Sam Jackson...

mgm03.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The sad thing is that people think that Palpatine can orchestrate an entire duel between a very powerful and dangerous Jedi Master. That is simply wishful thinking. Mace had a dangerous lightsaber form and he was offensively superb. He could have sliced Sidious' head off.

I believe Mace Windu was able to corner Darth Sidious, but he would not have been able to kill him, Darth Sidious was pretending to be weak infront of Anakin, because after Anakin cuts Windu's hand off, Darth Sidious has no problem smiling and then electrucuting Mace Windu.

Yeah, but look what that got him when Windu did have his hand. He merely reflected it back or did something, and it only did more damage to himself, causing his deformity. Windu had it in the bag.

You have a point about him reflecting the lightning. But there was alot more Darth Sidious could have done, yet didn't do. I really doubt it was because, "he didn't think of it at the time". He had plenty of time to plan what was going to occur that day, if you recall Anakin said to Palpatine, "I'm going to turn you over to the Jedi Council.". This would mean Darth Sidious would have plenty of time to plan something for when the arrive, I really doubt he just sat there waiting until they arrived.

There's no way to really tell, just assumptions.

But as the battle began, he took out one of the jedi first, then went to Windu, and got nowhere with that then finished the others.

To me, throughout the fight it seemed like Sidious was struggling. Just by his facial expressions, he looked like he was trying. If he really wasn't trying, i'm sure he wouldn't hide it from Windu, but only when Anakin arrived.

Now when you think about it, the duel upto Anakin's arrival was genuine.

But I still don't believe that Darth Sidious, who could throw senate rings as if it were nothing, and other such things, is defenseless just because his lightsaber was kicked out of his hand.

If you like at the duel between Yoda and Darth Sidious, Sidious is moving alot faster than when he was fighting Windu. Also why is it that without trying Sidious could disarm Yoda of his lightsaber, and had a hard time holding off Mace Windu?

But like someone said, wether Darth Sidious was faking or not, is just an assumption.

If anakin hadn't interviened then yes Mace would have won. Simply because the emperor was zapping himself instead of mace.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The mere fact that palp could hold his own/win against Yoda should be evidence enough. He was not "zapping" himself for no other reason than to pretend to be hurt/in pain. Mace is cool, there is no denying that, he rocked in clone wars (cartoon), but he was absolutely no match for palp.