Stuck behind a sealed door in Nar Shaddaa (solved)

After the level in Goto ship, it is destroyed.

Finally, there is a dialogue with the Jedi Master, where he reveals the reason for the Jedi Counsil to bannish me.

But after the dialogue, I'm alone in a room, in Nar Shaddaa. The door is electromagnetically sealed.

I have searched in the entiere room. The only objects I can use are an empty container and the sealed door.

HELP! What can I do to continue the game? :angry:

I'm playing light side, i haven't fought against the jedi master!

thanks for answer, thomas

This may be one of many bugs this game is riddled with

Have you tried loading a game close to the spot and trying this again?

I'm pretty sure that this is not supposed to happen :thumbsup:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

It's been a while since I played but after G0-T0's yacht is destroyed, I think you're supposed to spawn in Mira's hideout, which is actually one of the rooms in the 3-bay ship-docking area (the place with the "pylons").

Maybe your game didn't open a hidden or the sealed door for you.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

This may be one of many bugs this game is riddled with

Have you tried loading a game close to the spot and trying this again?

I'm pretty sure that this is not supposed to happen :thumbsup:

Yes I have restarted the Goto Yacht level, but it end the same. The door is sealed. It has none of the three usual icons (attack, security, grenades).

I tried one time with killing the jedi Master, and one time without killing him.

It's been a while since I played but after G0-T0's yacht is destroyed, I think you're supposed to spawn in Mira's hideout, which is actually one of the rooms in the 3-bay ship-docking area (the place with the "pylons").

Maybe your game didn't open a hidden or the sealed door for you.

Yes that's it! Mira's hideout.

Reloading doesn't help!

I hate to say it, but that's all you can do at this point. The game was supposed to open that door for you and if it didn't then you're stuck.

Well, the whereami band might work......... but I don't know where to download the mod for it.

Ok, but what is this whereami band exactly?

When I first got to Nar Shadaa there were so many bugs I almost died laughing each time I had a new one before I cried myself to sleep. One even made me start over because no matter how far back I went it did the same thing. That was my first playthrough too. Sucked.

Do you mean you were stuck at the same place where I was?

Thank you all for your answers. If anybody has another solution, he is welcome.

Thomas

The door should have opened when you went after Mira to the Jek Jek Tar. So if you want to resolve the problem by reloading an earlier save and playing through again, then that is how far back you need to go. Quite a way, isn't it?

Or you can use the whereami armband as has been suggested. Get it here, discussion here.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

uhm... thomas... hopefully it would help...

I've a walkthrough here... and uh...

check out the warning #2

>> possible spoiler...

Rule #1: Save often. In different slots.

Rule #2: Never save over the first save when you get to a new planet.

Especially Nar Shaddaa.

Rule #3: If you hit a glitch, don't panic. The usual solution is to reload

and try again.

Warning #1: Under no circumstances do you destroy the Console outside the

Bumani Exchange Corp. on Telos. LEAVE IT ALONE! If you destroy it

and kill the guards, you will make your game unwinnable.

Warning #2: Under no circumstances do you destroy ANY Utility Droids on

Goto's Yacht. (Only possible if you change the Droid protocols)

Leave them alone! In fact, don't ever use the Droid protocols.

If you destroy the first utility droid there without getting the

Shutdown code, you will make your game unwinnable.

>> end

hope it helps ^^

The door should have opened when you went after Mira to the Jek Jek Tar. So if you want to resolve the problem by reloading an earlier save and playing through again, then that is how far back you need to go. Quite a way, isn't it?

Or you can use the whereami armband as has been suggested. Get it here, discussion here.

Ok I have installed the whereami "add-on" or mod?

The Override directory was already there , I just put archive files in it, as explained in readme.txt.

I put EnableCheats=1 in swkotor2.ini.

In the game, i enter altgr + 7

then i type "giveitem d3_locator" but I don't get any whereami armband.

Instead I get some kind of grenade without name! It can't be used.

So what should I do know please w666tvr?

OK. I know where the armband mod can be downloaded from, but that doesn't mean I have used it myself. :(

Just downloaded it and tried it out, and it worked fine for me.

So:

You have added EnableCheats=1 in the [Game Options] section of the swkotor2.ini? It doesn't seem to work if you put it anywhere else.

The key press to call the console is the back apostrophe ` (on a UK keyboard; more cheating info here). As the console is invisible it isn't immediately obvious whether or not it is working. When you press g for giveitem, does your PC go into stealth mode? If so, then either you haven't added the EnableCheats=1 in the right place, or you aren't pressing the right key.

Obtain the armband by typing giveitem d3_location (was d3_locator a typo?).

Go to the equip screen and equip the armband (it was at the bottom of the list of equipable items for me).

Then activate the armband (use the shield icon or press 6). The game should then go into "dialogue" mode and tell you the nearest NPC character. Seems to be plain sailing from there.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Obtain the armband by typing giveitem d3_location (was d3_locator a typo?).

Go to the equip screen and equip the armband (it was at the bottom of the list of equipable items for me).

Then activate the armband (use the shield icon or press 6). The game should then go into "dialogue" mode and tell you the nearest NPC character. Seems to be plain sailing from there.

Ok this problem is solved.

My mistake was to type "d3_locator" instead of "d3_location"..Thanks for pointing this out w666tvr!

How to open door is not clearly explained in the whereami readme. Actually when you equip the whereami, a dialogue starts. In this dialogue, the question is explicit : Do you want to open the nearest door!

So I answered yes and "SHAAZAAAM" ! Fun and so cool! So I won't have to restart the game! By the way, I don't even know if the door would have been opened this time.

One can ask himself why so many bugs in KOTOR2. Is this issue specific to RPG, as beta-test cannot evaluate all paths that can be taken in the game?

Or is it because Obsidian "had to deliver quickly"? lol

Or is it because they started over with the work of another team (Bioware)?

Does anyone knows if there are also such fatal bugs in neverwinter knights?

Again, thank you Darth333 & tk102 for the whereami, and thank you w666tvr for your help!

Just one more thing about cheat codes for all FRENCH people like me using ENGLISH version of the game :

On a french keyboard, you can access the console (providing you put EnableCheats=1 in swkotor2.ini) by typing

Alt Gr + 7 (or

One can ask himself why so many bugs in KOTOR2. Is this issue specific to RPG, as beta-test cannot evaluate all paths that can be taken in the game?

Or is it because Obsidian "had to deliver quickly"? lol

Or is it because they started over with the work of another team (Bioware)?

A little bit of all of the above. LucasArts made the decision to release early, and as they were handling the QA for this game it was in their hands alone to say that it was in an appropriate state for release.

There are a few quest related problems that seem to be wholly caused by time pressures and poor QA; the redemption quest, the fuel for telos quest, the escaped criminals quest, the two Vogga quests...

The ATI woes they inherited from the original BioWare game engine and the poor support of OpenGL in the ATI drivers.

And, of course, there is that memory leak that seems to make all sorts of scripts randomly break if you keep playing the game for more than a couple of hours straight. If you pace yourself and stop and restart every so often you can avoid most of the problems with this.

Nar Shaddaa seems to cause the most questions because - from the Red Eclipse onwards - it is a sequence of events, which the completion of each triggering the next. If one of these script triggers doesn't fire then you can hit a brick wall and can't continue. I've only ever had one problem here, with the Red Eclipse cutscene not playing, and stopping and restarting cured it for me.

And, of course, there is that memory leak that seems to make all sorts of scripts randomly break if you keep playing the game for more than a couple of hours straight. If you pace yourself and stop and restart every so often you can avoid most of the problems with this.

I'm a programmer and I can't understand that memory leaks cannot be avoided. When I allocate memory in my programs, I write the code to free the memory at the same time.

So where does the excuse stands for Obsidian? Tell me!

By the way I have a loading bug. I think it is linked with my video card. Indeed, when I load my game, the loading completion bar goes to 1/4 and the screen flashes one time. Then loading continues.

However after having loaded 5 times, the loading freezes when it reaches 1/4, at the same time the screen flashes. Then nothing happens until I hit ALT+F4 and chose ok to quit KOTOR2.

If I run KOTOR again, loading freezes again. I need to restart my computer (Logging off from Windows and then logging in doesn't change anything.)

My video card is Radeon Mobility 9700 128MB, with recent ATI Catalyst drivers.

I've upgraded KOTOR2 to 1.0b but still it freezes.

Does anyone has experienced the same trouble?

I'm a programmer and I can't understand that memory leaks cannot be avoided. When I  allocate memory in my programs, I write the code to free the memory at the same time.

So where does the excuse stands for Obsidian? Tell me!

Programmer too. Memory leaks are too easy to introduce (particularly with object orientation) if you don't program defensively. Once they have been introduced, they are the devil to find. Add time pressures and you can see why so many games fall prey to what should be a simple coding quality issue. You might as well ask why software ships with buffer overflow exploits or any other issue that shouldn't have been coded in in the first place.

Too many people want to believe that blame for everything that went wrong with the game can be placed with one party; I was just trying to point out that it isn't as simple as that. Quite a few people want to believe that all would have been well if the game had been developed by BioWare. I don't believe that they could have done much better than Obsidian given the same timescale and time cuts. But then, BioWare wouldn't have accepted the timescale in the first place, and as they were apparently approached first by LucasArts, perhaps they didn't.

My video card is Radeon Mobility 9700 128MB, with recent ATI Catalyst drivers.

I've upgraded KOTOR2 to 1.0b but still it freezes.

Does anyone has experienced the same trouble?

Some people have had better results with older Catalyst drivers (version 4.12 is mentioned often).

Neverwinter Nights does not have this kind of fatal bug. There are ways to break a plot or game, but you have to really try, and really do something stupid. See, Neverwinter Nights allows you a lot more freedom, since most things are done with actions, not dialogs.

For example, there are two ways you can attack something. If the creature is hostile, simply click on it. If the creature is not hostile, right click and click Attack from the radial menu. That way, if a bug happens and a creature does not go hostile you can kill it anyway. However, if said creature is critical to the plot, and you kill it, you can also break the plot. As a result, you should be careful how you use this.

If you want to open a door, you simply click on the door. Or, if the door is locked, you can either try to pick the lock or bash it. There are no unselectable doors like there are in KotOR so the sort of bug that happens here just is not seen. Bioware is also constantly updating the game, even 2 or more years after released, and any major problems have long been fixed. NWN only malfunctions if you are running on a very low end computer. KotOR and KotOR 2 are largely the same way, in this regard: if your system simply is not up to spec (usually in the RAM department), scripts can misfire and cause problems.