Onderon palace bug - please help

Hello all,

*Spoilers for onderon*

I'm playing a light side weaponmaster, and I'm helping the queen at the onderon palace. Here's the scenario: I first went to the south terminal (where the hacker xiph is playing his tricks, and captain rilken is being tortured in the force cage) - anyway, I disabled the terminal and told the hacker to stick around for the soldiers. When I went over to talk to Captain Kadron, right by master kavar, I made the mistake of asking him if he had any goodies for me, and thus apparently missed the one and only dialog option to tell him that I'd already disabled the primary security terminal. Now, I can't use the secondary terminal correctly (there's no option to disable it or get codes or anything of the sort). I don't want to have to replay this... I do have KSE, and I tried setting some globals like 506OND_RD_Termset to various values, but that didn't help. The only thing that "fixed it" is setting the quest state to one of the dark side paths where you're fighting *against* talia, and I get the wrong cutscenes and stuff. I can't seem to get kotor tool to display dialogs and stuff for me (ah, how I miss lovely tools like BG2's infinite engine explorer) and figure out what global, if any, I must tweak to get this *!&* bug fixed. Could one of you mod experts please help me out? :geek:

Thanks!

Some factoids, hopefully they will help:

. The "royal deadline" quest is in state #30 according to KSE

. The only other relevant vars for "zone" 506 (onderon palace) I see in global numerics are "slicer dead" and "soldier rumor" (or something like that)

I already ran into a similar bug with the TSF escaped criminals quest - the criminals never showed up on the surface of telos, and I just set that quest's state appropriately, but this one needs a cutscene trigger, and there's no real intermediate state apparently

Hello all,

*Spoilers for onderon*

I'm playing a light side weaponmaster, and I'm helping the queen at the onderon palace. Here's the scenario: I first went to the south terminal (where the hacker xiph is playing his tricks, and captain rilken is being tortured in the force cage) - anyway, I disabled the terminal and told the hacker to stick around for the soldiers. When I went over to talk to Captain Kadron, right by master kavar, I made the mistake of asking him if he had any goodies for me, and thus apparently missed the one and only dialog option to tell him that I'd already disabled the primary security terminal. Now, I can't use the secondary terminal correctly (there's no option to disable it or get codes or anything of the sort). I don't want to have to replay this... I do have KSE, and I tried setting some globals like 506OND_RD_Termset to various values, but that didn't help. The only thing that "fixed it" is setting the quest state to one of the dark side paths where you're fighting *against* talia, and I get the wrong cutscenes and stuff. I can't seem to get kotor tool to display dialogs and stuff for me (ah, how I miss lovely tools like BG2's infinite engine explorer) and figure out what global, if any, I must tweak to get this *!&* bug fixed. Could one of you mod experts please help me out? :geek:

Thanks!

*Whew* okay I managed to figure out kotor tool. Found the dialog file for the captain (named "ro_weed.dlg" ..very strange) and I hacked it to remove the condition checks for the dialog trees (the talked to and the c_dline_check) and installed it in my override folder, and it seems to be working. I didn't see any cutscenes when he told the corporal to use the primary access codes on the console but the throne room door was open (the quest entry spells it "thrown" room..ugh). *Whew*

• 4 years later...
*Whew* okay I managed to figure out kotor tool. Found the dialog file for the captain (named "ro_weed.dlg" ..very strange) and I hacked it to remove the condition checks for the dialog trees (the talked to and the c_dline_check) and installed it in my override folder, and it seems to be working. I didn't see any cutscenes when he told the corporal to use the primary access codes on the console but the throne room door was open (the quest entry spells it "thrown" room..ugh). *Whew*

I ran into the same problem. I'm working with kotor tool now. I searched ro_weed and it brought me to kadron.utc (3137) but I cannot figure out how to remove the condition checks for the dialog trees. Perhaps this is because I am using a newer version of kotor tool? Please help me out, thank you.

• 8 months later...

Here's a patched version of dialog file, for those still in need. Unzip and put in your kotor2 Overide folder (if its not there just create one).

(all checks are present, but a copy of the dialog tree node conserning "codes" is added so that it appears not only the first time you speak to the guy).

ro_weed.zip

Also, this issue is fixed with TSLRCM.

Of course if you don't want all the other fixes and restored content ( why?)...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 1 year later...
Here's a patched version of dialog file, for those still in need. Unzip and put in your kotor2 Overide folder (if its not there just create one).

(all checks are present, but a copy of the dialog tree node conserning "codes" is added so that it appears not only the first time you speak to the guy).

Thanks so much!

In regard to the TSLRCM I would have with out a doubt used it had I known it existed before I invested 36 hours in my current game. Now I feel like I'm missing out on a bunch of good stuff. Might just have to replay Dark. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

You have exactly the same problem as me but still i think my situation is worse. Both my saves Auto-save and ordinairy save are saved after all the terminals are ruined, so there is no way i can just choose an old save and restart just like that, so the only option is to start all over if there is no solution too this problem. Help whould be really appriciated in my state. Since i'm not an active member on this forum it whould be nice if you could e-mail the solution to my e-mail (Fam.Kajling@hotmail.com). Thanks!

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...