Robes or Armor

I find it odd that they have Dark Jedi armor (exar Kun's Darth Bandons that sort of thing) but because it's not a robe you can't use certain force power's I always use robes because my male exile (5/7 games) looks like he's waring a dress if you get the special armor. Makes me think i'm getting the short bus in terms of armor (for those who don't get it the short bus is for the "special" kids i mean no offence)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I prefer Armor in both K1 & K2. Mostly due to the variety of armors out there. Of course many of the armors I use are custom Modded armors done by myself and other modders. In particular my Jedi Armors mod. :D

or they just didn't think of it until the emperor. You know the emperor in rotj didn't strike me as a sith he just struck me as a crumpled old guy..

Oh and Darth Bandon was able to get by Armor restrictions and use force lightning :blink: what's up with that? his armor doesn't let you use the force

I used robes in both K1 and K2. I don't mind the look of robes in K1 though they certainly look better in k2. I used robes in k1 cause there was no armor that allowed force use and I was usually already powerful anyways to not be killed. in k2 I just use robes cause they look much cooler and because you can get so high leveled usually armor restricts your dexterity.

Same here, I like using robes for my PC... but I'm not hesitant on using armor for my other party members... though if I do use armor, it's usually a mod for Jedi Armor which tend to give better Dex allowances and use of Force Powers / Force Jump... :-"

I made the Segan Wyndh Jedi Armor for KotOR and Darkkender ported it and several color varieties over for TSL...

KotOR - http://www.pcgamemods.com/7967/

TSL - http://www.pcgamemods.com/10524/

There's also some Jedi Armor I made for Bao-Dur because I was tired of him dying on me all the time :thumbsup:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/13134/

Drakonnen made some pretty sweet looking Heavy Jedi/Sith Armor as well for TSL... so now there's quite a few options for my PC and Party depending on what mood I'm in when playing... :D

http://www.pcgamemods.com/11332/

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

yeah i really think bao should have some protection and still be able to use the shwartz

I tend to go really hard in on the "Jedi thing", so I occasionally find myself using robes even when fighting Sith Lords. :blink:

However, there's one armour I really like. It's called "Mandalorean Assault Armour" or something (can't be arsed to open the game just to check). It's really shiny and stuff. :devil:

Otherwise, I go with a Jedi robe most of the time. Hehe.

For guardians and sentinels there's only one reason not to use armor: Master Speed. Why trade in two attacks against some extra AC that you don't need against low level enemies and that doesn't help against high-end bosses?

Consulars are useless in armor: 3/4 of their better force powers become unavailable.

The only time I use armor is when playing a non-combat character that has to act in the Mandalorian battle ring.

Robes rule! :lol:

or they just didn't think of it until the emperor. You know the emperor in rotj didn't strike me as a sith he just struck me as a crumpled old guy..

Oh and Darth Bandon was able to get by Armor restrictions and use force lightning :) what's up with that? his armor doesn't let you use the force

robes make youre guy look better, and it allows more crotch room than metal or w/e they use

In KOTOR I, the "armor" you get off Darth Bandon's corpse isn't the same as the "outfit" he's wearing... it's more like an all black version of the Echani Fiber Armor. Of course the computer can do what it chooses, but when you pick up the "booty" off the remains, you're stuck with armor restrictions. But, at least KOTOR I was consistant with what you got from remains. I killed a Jedi Assassin in KOTOR II and got 2 armors, both of which I KNOW he wasn't wearing. I've killed bounty hunters and gotten Jedi robes, but rarely do I get a lightsaber... even off of enemies using lightsabers!! I tend to use the Visas glitch to equip my Jedi with lightsabers.

Anyway, back to the robes vs. armor issue, I quoted anakins revenge because he addressed something I noticed on some of the Jedi robes that makes me not want to use certain ones. For instance, the Jedi Knight and Master robes (although I do break down and use the Master robes), the Matukai Adept Robe, and the Gray Jedi Robes... they don't have the nice little loincloth-like part that covers the groin area... kinda exposes it, and it makes your characters look horrible. That's why I stick to the ones with the "groin flap", like the Jedi Robes, Padawan Robes, Baran Do Novice & Sage Robes, Ossus Keeper Robe, and Norris Robes. The Jal Shey and Zeison Sha armors I used the 1st time through KOTOR II with my female PC. After that, it looks too girly to go on a guy... and I've actually stopped wearing them altogether cause I just really don't like them. I'd run around in my Fruit of the Force undies before I'd wear those again.

As for KOTOR I, I'm not a big fan of the Jedi robes. The worst one is the orange one Juhani joins your party in. And I'm not too keen on the blue ones either. I've been playing through KOTOR I (my 5th time) and so far my PC has been using Echani Fiber Armor since Taris. I'd like to find some better armor, but nothing looked good enough so far.