A Battlefield 2 thread

Jumjalum

Last night actually I had quite an enjoyable game, with a decent commander and a good bunch of guys in my squad.

Because I had been in the server for a while, I eventually became the squad leader, and the commander agreed with most of my requests for offensives, UAV recon, and artillery strikes. And since I was usually in a tank, surrounded by the men in my squad, I switched over from engineer to medic in order to help them stay alive. It was actually very very fun.

• 3 years later...

:sorcerer: This is a thread from 2005. Quite obviously. I have an original xbox though, so yeah. :( I need a recommendation on this game for live, on my original xbox. I haven't played it before (which may be a shock, idk), but I need to know if it is populated and some opinions on the gameplay.

I'm pretty sure theres a relatively recent thread, but I think its for the 360 edition. If it went 360 then its gotta be good but I'd like details. :)

* You ones who know who you are do not post here, either, I don't need you.

Twitter | @Insevin

Wait, when did BF2 go Xbox? :ermmm:

Anyway, BF2 has worst hit boxes ever. EVER

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

You weren't the only one. BF1942 is my best blind buy ever, what a fantastic games it was and Vietnam too

BF2 was just... MEH

Largerly that was due to ridiculously bad hitboxes which made combat clunky and "feel" of guns pitiful. And maps were simply weaker

edit: to elaborate just watch

video :x Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

save your money instead for Xbox 360 is my advice *shrug*

This thread is clearly about BF2 on the PC. I don't understand why you resurrected it.

I love BF2 and 2142, I still load them up occassionally. A lot of servers boot for bunny hopping as well. The slower strategic pace than most FPS games appeals to my old man-ness.

You weren't the only one. BF1942 is my best blind buy ever, what a fantastic games it was and Vietnam too

BF2 was just... MEH

Largerly that was due to ridiculously bad hitboxes which made combat clunky and "feel" of guns pitiful. And maps were simply weaker

Agree on most accounts :ermm:

I played BF2 for all of 20 minutes on my little brothers PC, so I might not be fair to it. It simply didn't interest me. Never tried the 2142, it looked like it was online, multiplayer only (the MMO version of the BF's). I still play BF1942 every now and then and even BF Vietnam too :yes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein