Transformers the Movie

EnderAndrew

There was no Megatron tank.  <_<

Only the glorious Walther P38 (and the laser cannon when reincarnated as Galvatron).

dw_genesis_artbook_g2megatron.jpg

200303070003_4388.jpg

I'd post Armada Megatron... but he doesn't count. War Within megatron is really the only one that counts because not only does he look like g1 megatron in robot mode, but the tank mode makes so much more sense.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I must reiterate, there is no Megatron tank. It's a a pretender to the true Megatron! Unfortunately the laws for toy manufacturers changed, and they couldn't release gun imitations anymore.  :)

LIES

81298_653569182641_pkg_06.jpg

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default...12B14A6033C14A1

Devastatorsig.jpg

I must reiterate, there is no Megatron tank. It's a a pretender to the true Megatron! Unfortunately the laws for toy manufacturers changed, and they couldn't release gun imitations anymore.  :)

LIES

81298_653569182641_pkg_06.jpg

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default...12B14A6033C14A1

*sigh*

I mean realistic toy guns.

manthing2.jpg

Ahh, yeah. Anyone find it kinda backwards that real guns are legal in the states, but fake ones aren't?

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ahh, yeah. Anyone find it kinda backwards that real guns are legal in the states, but fake ones aren't?

Well, with fake guns you can take an eye out with those plastic bullets.

A real gun would just blow the person's head off, so they wouldn't feel any pain.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hades was shot once!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

A real gun would just blow the person's head off, so they wouldn't feel any pain.

The thing is, if you give a kid a toy gun that looks real....well, mistakes have been made in the past where the law got involed.

Accidental deaths due to thinking the guns were real, that sort of thing.

It's dumb, but not completely without reason.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

The thing is, if you give a kid a toy gun that looks real....well, mistakes have been made in the past where the law got involed.

Accidental deaths due to thinking the guns were real, that sort of thing.

It's dumb, but not completely without reason.

Notice how that sort of thing doesn't happen in countries where handguns are banned? Anyway, back to transformers. The "TRANSFORMERS EXCLUSIVE" they bragged about ended up on the don murphy forums several hours before.

Apparently the announcement at Comic-Con was pretty cool. Peter Cullen apparently called in and annouced it himself over the PA in his optimus prime voice

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Notice how that sort of thing doesn't happen in countries where handguns are banned? Anyway, back to transformers. The "TRANSFORMERS EXCLUSIVE" they bragged about ended up on the don murphy forums several hours before.

Apparently the announcement at Comic-Con was pretty cool. Peter Cullen apparently called in and annouced it himself over the PA in his optimus prime voice

I'd rather law enforcement be armed with more than billy clubs and mace....you know, to handle the people who don't go through legal channels to acquire firearms.

Again, not completely without reason.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'd rather law enforcement be armed with more than billy clubs and mace....you know, to handle the people who don't go through legal channels to acquire firearms.

Again, not completely without reason.

I believe in Japan police still carry firearms, and have lax toy laws, and they manage to avoid shooting kids with toys.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It is very difficult for me to imagine anything cooler... Wish I was there. ;)

Devastatorsig.jpg

Notice how that sort of thing doesn't happen in countries where handguns are banned?

Man, theres absolutely no relationship to people having guns and people getting shot with them, and you'd be a communist to suggest otherwise.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/vbimghost.ph...layimg&imgid=16

Apparently thats ratchet. I wish we could go back in time and show Don Murphy what a terrible job Michael Bay is doing with the movie so he didn't even consider him for the job.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's a producer's fault. To fund the film they need backing from car makers who provide the models.

Bay can't do crap about it and he does what he can with what is provided to him by the Producers.

According to the producers, all design decisions are michael bay's. Tom DeSanto was a huge fan of the comics, which is why he wanted to go after the rights to begin with. So I doubt he'd be all for destroying the property. Don Murphy is the voice of the fans. So he wouldn't want to screw with it either. I wouldn't put it passed Lorenzo DiBoneventura, since he wanted the movie to have nothing to do with existing transformer properties. But I doubt he has as much power as Murphy and DeSanto since they were the ones who secured the rights while DiBoneventura was assigned by Paramount after they took it on.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's not that they aren't legal, it's just you get charged for the crime as if they were real. Like if you robbed a minit-mart, you'd get charged with Armed Robbery.

I own quite a few fake guns actually, all leagally shipped to my house by FedEx.

Oerwinde's right - it's stupid though. It's a freakin' toy ffs (albeit a sacred Transformers one). Here we have hillbillies and mutant Oregonians trotting into gunshops to puchase real firearms, and some poor kid is denied his latest toy bling. Now if they were to ban guns from people who are just too stupid to known how or when to operate them, then that would be progress.

And as for trigger-happy cops, well they would probably gun down someone even if they pulled out a cell-phone or even that space-gun, Oerwinde posted on the other page. So much for realism, when they don't even bother to discern.

manthing2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transforme...aIqtdCHsF9fVXcA

Live webcast with the writers finally announcing the names of all the transformers as well as answering questions submitted by fans.

Starts at 11:00am PST friday, August 18th. Thats in 20 minutes.

Devastatorsig.jpg