Was (Darth) Revan Evil?

Do you think Darth Revan (before capture) was evil, good, neutral?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Darth Revan (before capture) was evil, good, neutral?

• Very Evil DS (Brute like Malak)
    • Smart Evil DS (like Darth Sidious)
    • Don't like that Dark Side for the greater good fib so DS (*)
    • Neutral
    • Good LS
    • Very Good LS
    • LS Jedi who sacraficed himself to DS to prepare the galaxy

Although I view Revan as being absolutely Light side, the being so Light Side that you "fall" to the Dak Side poll option seems more than rediculos (and quite stupid) to me, so I am going to say the second best choice-Smart Evil. :devil:

There are few cool and intelligent villains in Star Wars.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

There are few cool and intelligent villains in Star Wars.

Unfortunately that is true-Traya, Sidious and maybe some EU villains (havent read the books and only played Jedi Acadamy in Jedi Knight series) completes the list........depressing >_<

Edit: I'm thinking of intelligent ones-you might think some stupid ones are cool

Edited by Styur Voln

I agree with anyone who says that Revan was beyond Good and Evil. Revan had a passion for justice and fairness that was nowhere to be found with the Mandalorians, the Republic or the Jedi Order and thus he waged war on them all. He was neutral. A seeker of balance.

Also, him fighting the Republic to "prepare it" is really unrealistic if you think about it. Anyone who knows war knows that war always weakens the nations involved. By doing what he did, he didn't prepare the Galaxy for the True Sith, he only weakened it. Maybe he's not as brilliant a strategist as Kreia thought.

Your forgetting something very important - Revan had the -Star Forge- to strengthen it back up duh - he just needed everyone to follow him and that was the only way to accomplish it. (the war)

Edited by Mondo

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

I believe he was a LS that sacrficed his code to save the galaxy. Revan knew of Sith in the unknown regions (this is if you hold KOTOR 2 as part of the story) during the mand wars and was driven to stop then in both counts (before and after his brain washing). If you don't believe that think of his strength, he was too powerful for either side to control (kreia "Revan was like power") but kreia admited his attachments (bastilla and carth) which show compassion (or possesion if you want to go the anakin route).

however think about this what was Revan (NPC of your design) so the character fits into whatever mold you had him as so he whatever your bias is.

I agree with anyone who says that Revan was beyond Good and Evil. Revan had a passion for justice and fairness that was nowhere to be found with the Mandalorians, the Republic or the Jedi Order and thus he waged war on them all. He was neutral. A seeker of balance.

Also, him fighting the Republic to "prepare it" is really unrealistic if you think about it. Anyone who knows war knows that war always weakens the nations involved. By doing what he did, he didn't prepare the Galaxy for the True Sith, he only weakened it. Maybe he's not as brilliant a strategist as Kreia thought.

Your forgetting something very important - Revan had the -Star Forge- to strengthen it back up duh - he just needed everyone to follow him and that was the only way to accomplish it. (the war)

The Star Forge was only a ship factory, that's it. It didn't give soldiers or supplies necessary to rebuild a Republic. Duh. And he's a fool if he thought everyone would follow him, especially when he was killing/converting/torturing those who opposed him. Fighting a war is no way to strengthen the Republic.

First off, I do Believe that Jedi Council are over-confidence panzies.

Second off, I believe that Kreia is more honest than the Jedi Council ever be.

Third thing, I do believe that suppose fake personality was being thrown off by the beginning of the game.

So I do believe we were playing as Revan(at least his essence) thru out the game and not this Fake personality out.

My Personal Belief about Revan: He was a Noble LS that sarfice himself to the Dark Side, thrust Become a Smart DarkSider to Defeat the Sith.

Thrust he desirees to rule the Galaxy and beyond.

"sigh" the darkside is letting yourself be consumed by anger and other emotions. how do you want to sacrifice yourself to that. that's the f&cking more stupid idea ever. revan was frustrated by the council arrogance and inactivity and decided to go and attack the mandalorian, then conquer the galaxy, believing that a galaxy controled by the sith would be more secure.

1. No, he wasn't. He was who you made him out to be. K2 only tried to give every one of his actions some hidden, strategic motive in some crazy effort to turn him into a hero know matter what you did. But regardless, he could be good or evil.
  2. I don't care for what reason, slaughtering countless innocents in a war against the Republic is evil, and
  3. I think the whole "falling to the darkside because he had too" thing was complete bullcrap.
  4. They tried to turn Revan into a god and it only made his character worse and less realistic, IMO.
  5. Also, him fighting the Republic to "prepare it" is really unrealistic if you think about it.
  6. Anyone who knows war knows that war always weakens the nations involved. By doing what he did, he didn't prepare the Galaxy for the True Sith, he only weakened it.
  7. Maybe he's not as brilliant a strategist as Kreia thought.

1. Yes he was. He was kind and good and also a little bit evil, freed slaves, fought against the Mandalorians to protect the people (it's all known from K1), so what if his followers killed a few worthless jedi - they deserved it, but that never stopped anyone from being neutral. Jedi are not GOOD either, lawful maybe, when it suits them or they need to polish the halo to the public, they follow their own schemes and willing condone the slaughter of millions because they don't think the time is right? I think Jedi are just as gray and manipulative as the rest. The true conflict between Jedi and Sith is probably related to the actualy power structure than a conflict of interests. Jedi would rule in the hidden, pulling the strings of the Republic leaders, while Sith would rule openly as the leaders. I think Revan wanted to rule as well as a just King or Emperor.
  2. If you believe that "the means justify the target" then "Slaugthering millions" as you put can be evil, but the end can also be good. Few people believe that the "means justify the target" when lives of innocent people are at stake (fortunately), but I am not really sure, if the people Revan are "slaughtering" as you put it, are all that good, who are they?
  3. I don't buy that go LS or DS to do this and that. Revan was a student of the force. Not LS or DS, but all of it = neutral.
  4. Revan was not a god, but the scale of his actions are those of gods and they are beyond good and evil. If creating a new strong republic means demolishing the weak foundation it's build on then that's what you gotta do.
  5. The Jedi Council is like the Nobility of the Republic and just as arrogant as the medieval nobles. All the Jedi are like Generals in the Republic army and they are both intertwined. Getting rid of those layers means fighting the republic.
  6. Assuming that Revan is preparing the galaxy and republic by weaking it for the True Sith for a swift takeover then...well I can see reason in this pattern: A weakened Republic is ripe for the picking. What's your point?
  7. Maybe baby, you'll be true... who knows? Maybe this was all bs. The mention of that KOTOR comic in progress and all that, kinda makes me wonder if speculation is really needed.

(Signatures: disabled) 

To ShadowPalaldin:We all have our own verisons of Revan.

In the Game, we play as leader.

That is the essence of what Revan is and was.

Great, dosnt tell you if the fake personality was good or evil though does it.

It's highly unlikely a paragon would fall for the greater good. Revan was more than likely a logical thinker who let logic rather than ethics dictate his or her actions.

You could claim that made them beyond good and evil, but that not a lot of comfort if your planet just got wiped out.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

im new at this but revan wasnt evil he was trying to save the galaxy from the ancient true sith if u want the full info go to this web page:-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darth_Revan

You have to be careful with Wikipedia and plus this has similar technicalities to things like Force Wounds/Bonds, etc. in that, Obsidian have made a pretty hard constant sell to say the wound in the Force exists, some other stuff, and that Revan was doing good for the galaxy by fighting the True Sith, but with both of these points I personally think it's just the stupidest story direction ever.

also that Wikipedia isn't necessarily what was intended either.

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

IMO there isn't much doubting he is Smart Darksider.

1. Yes, the Mandalorians are evil, but he absolutely abliterated (sp?) them, plus many innocent jedi and republicans.

2. He then went on to attack the republic and jedi (canonically LS), hardly an act of goodness.

3. Darth Revan. Darth.

• 3 weeks later...

Revan turned evil/darkside to show the republic & more importantly, the jedi council, what a true enemy was. The mandalorians were of no threat to the jedi or their beliefs - but a war of conversion with a dark jedi/sith lord at the helm was. Revan shattered their nice, little secluded shell they had built up around themselves.

Maybe he was "good" to start with, freeing slaves and all the rest; maybe he was a brilliant leader and maybe he did fall to the dark side to save the republic, but I don't think that's what's important. What's important is, he showed/shocked the jedi into seeing what the "true" threat of the "sith" were.

At least, that's my $0:02

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!