Would a 6600gt card help with fps in full detail

I was thinking if it would get full details on and smooth fast fps with a new gfx card upgrading from a gf4 ti 4200 64ddr to a 256mb 6600gt card? What kinda of fps would i be looking at.

I have

Amd xp 1900+ cpu

768 ddr ram

soundblaster live 5.1 card (2 speakers)

gf4 ti 4200 64ddr card

If i do just the gfx card upgrade for now and a cpu upgraded later would i get smooth fast fps with a 6600gt card? Can I get some answers from people who have a similar computer with a 6600gt card as i dont want some guessing answers based on systems with p4 3gig cpus or whatever. Mainly answers from ppl who have upgraded to a 660gt card with around the same cpu as mine.

well... I have a p4 2.8 ghz and from a 9600xt 256mb to a 6600gt agp 128mb was a major difference. Huge improvement in all games that I have, kotor 1&2 being some of them. it depends on detail, do you mean 1600x1200? i don't think so, the best you'll get is probably 1280x1024 with 4xaa and 16xaf which is good and what I run at. your cpu will be a bottleneck though but you should do fine.

You should do well....I've got a 6600GT and it runs damn near everything at high settings. The only thing I can't do with it is run with 4xAA, though 2xAA is good enough for me (it hides the worst of the sawing and once your in motion you'll never see any).

That said I have a 3200+ AMD and a Gb of RAM to back it up with.

Still a good card though for the price. Wait a couple of weeks though...with nVidia's new card out now, the prices of the older stuff should drop a bit.