What EXACTLY happened at Malachor V?

Neither game goes into this much (or if it does I missed it).

All I have gathered (via the snippits of info given when saving game on Malachor in KOTOR2) is that Reven lured the mandalorians there, (something about a cultural taboo was mentioned as well), and the planet was somehow destroyed by a "mass shadow generator", which took out the mandalorians and much of the republic fleet as well.

Can anyone fill me in?

Me either. Where are these datapads praytell? And I'm still wondering why my whole crew is dead and/or missing. Makes no sense.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

KOTOR II actually contradicts the story told in the first one. In KOTOR I, it implies that the Mandalorians were defeated in a huge fleet battle above the skies of a planet (forget which one, might have been Malachor). They changed it in KOTOR II to the "mass shadow generator": a device that I think multiplied the planet's gravity so much that it crushed all life on it and imploded on itself. At least, that's what I think.

Wonder how long it takes before this thread is moved.

There's a lot of things that are either fuzzy or not explained at all, I just think thats the way MCA likes it. It was the same with Planescape: Torment

-Ok, so Ive done this grievous crime that shook the multiverse and got me sentenced to an eternity in the hells. What did I do exactly?

-What? Why would you want to know that?

-Because its sort of a key thing to the entire game? And not only that, but Morte admits he is partially to blame for my death by not telling anyone something he knew. What was that about?

-Look behind you! *runs away*

-Hello? Mr. Avellone? Chris?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Guest MacleodCorp

Truthfully! A naration mess, which made almost no sence... However, it does not mean they didn't have a concept. They just tried to fuse the KotOR series to the Trilogy, and give some background to various characters.

What ticked me off was when Kreia talked about the Mandalorians and only brought the story line up to Jango Fett... Jango is and allway will be crap. Boba Fett is a cold blooded killer who is allways one step ahead of his bounties or victims. Jango is pathetic.. Long live Boba Fett!!! For those of you I have offended with this statement, they are only from a point of view, and not everyone shares my perspective... So, please don't take my words to heart! Since I read so many books based upon Boba Fett, I can truely say he is one of the best characters in StarWars, and KOTOR II gave no credit to him.. Please feel free to respond...

However, I did enjoy KOTOR II in general... :lol:

Why would KoTOR have anything to do with the Fetts? It takes place about 4000 years before either one of them is Even born <_< and in the new official canon, Jango Fett wasnt even a Mandalorian to start with but some farmboy from Concord Dawn that got adopted by renegade Mandalorians when his family got wacked.

See Dark Horse comics "Jango Fett: Open season"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Guest MacleodCorp
Why would KoTOR have anything to do with the Fetts? It takes place about 4000 years before either one of them is Even born <_< and in the new official canon, Jango Fett wasnt even a Mandalorian to start with but some farmboy from Concord Dawn that got adopted by renegade Mandalorians when his family got wacked.

See Dark Horse comics "Jango Fett: Open season"

Darkhorse is a comicbook. I can say that it is a good source, but not the best. Kreia tells the Exile what the future holds for the Mandalorians, and she linked it to Jango Fett, "Honor of the Mandalorians will still exist, but in a hollow man who eventually ends up dying." Boba Fett is not dead!!! Lucas himself in his E-Universe had acknowledge this to be so... Boba Fett's Armor is Mandalorian Armor, which was a spin off of his dads... However, most of the E-Universe dissagrees with this as well, and they say Boba Fett uses the Mandalorian Armor, for he admires the Mandalorian traditions.. Therefore, Mandolorian traditions and honor continues in a man who is still alive. I could name off about a hundred novels for you!! Just one comicbook cannot hold weight to about a hundred novels..

When I fisrt saw the Mandalorians, I thought about BOba Fett. Boba Fett's armor is Mandalorian. I would have like to have seen an army wearing this type of armor. However, no one has taken up the charge.

To sum it up, the end of KOTOR II was a mess, and plays against all the Extended Universe books that were written before it...

Like i said before, this game is a good game, but I only have a problem with the ending...

Darkhorse is a comicbook. I can say that it is a good source, but not the best...

..Just one comicbook cannot hold weight to about a hundred novels..

Oooh, but it can. The contract Darkhorse has with LucasLicensing is one that what is presented in the comics that are published from the late 90's (with the comming of the prequels) until now is 100% canon and therefore overrules anything that is said in any EU novel or comic published before that. Its like how "Dark Empire" isnt canon anymore because it contradicts parts the prequels, so LucasLicensings continuity editors(yes, they actually have people that keep the EU in check for a living) scratched it as they have do with most of the EU overtime. The history of the SW universe changes as Lucas changes things or a recently licensed product overrules what happened in an older product. Like how AotC changed Boba fett completely, I dont read SW novels but I understand he had quite a EU backstory all that was just "it never happened" as soon as AotC came.

So, "Jangio Fett: Open Season" is currently the official backstory of Jango Fett. :lol:

Guest MacleodCorp

Darkhorse is a comicbook. I can say that it is a good source, but not the best...

..Just one comicbook cannot hold weight to about a hundred novels..

Oooh, but it can. The contract Darkhorse has with LucasLicensing is one that what is presented in the comics that are published from the late 90's with the comming of the prequels is 100% canon and therefore overrules anything that is said in any EU novel or comic published before that. Its like how "Dark Empire" isnt canon anymore because it contradicts parts the prequels, so LucasLicensings continuity editors(yes, they actually have people that keep the EU in check for a living) scratched it as they have do with most of the EU overtime. The history of the SW universe changes as Lucas changes things or a recently licensed product overrules what happened in an older product. Like how AotC changed Boba fett completely, I dont read SW novels but I understand he had quite a EU backstory all that was just "it never happened" as soon as AotC came.

So, "Jangio Fett: Open Season" is currently the official backstory of Jango Fett. :lol:

LucasLicensing means that you can write a story, but we may not support it. Ever hear of Tim Zahn? The master of Star Wars Novels. Lucas himself gave full acknoledgement to his version of Star Wars. All of his novels and shortstories have full Lucas support.

KotOR II's ending contradicts the E-Universe and Lucas's full support of Tim Zahn's and other's version of Star Wars...

Ever hear of Tim Zahn? The master of Star Wars Novels. Lucas himself gave full acknoledgement to his version of Star Wars. All of his novels and shortstories have full Lucas support.

KotOR II's ending contradicts the E-Universe and Lucas's full support of Tim Zahn's and other's version of Star Wars...

You mean the master of ultimate suckage? Yes, his work has the complete support of Mr. Lucas. That is, until he decides to scratch his work as he has done with a large part of EU garbage in order to make room for his prequels.

And you are more than welcome to keep charging in your crusade to defend an EU that only this guy cares about (Nurbs doesn't count), but in the end, many more people have played K2 than they have read Zahn's works and the excruciatingly lame TOTJ. And that's what counts. :lol:)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Erm... no. SW is the way GL envisions it. Unfortunately, his vision is neither persistent nor governed by logic. icon3.gif

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.