Here are some baddies for my d20 System Game

Well, it was supposedly the pagan god/demon several Knights Templar confessed that the group worshipped in confessions wrangled from them through torture by Inquisitionists. Though these men later recanted, the Church used these statements as an excuse to declare the order heretics and "disband"/kill them.

Since then it has been used in many ways, mostly occult.

As I have the Wikipedia List of Demons in my favorites tab (its research for my writing, I swear!), allow me to link you to the Baphomet page.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Some believe the original Cleric caste became the Knights Templar or Jannisaries, which may or may not have become the leaders of the Free Masons.

Yes, I know that bit, I was trying to recall the son of (Noah? Abraham?) who was the patriarch of the clerical line.

Ooo ... I was trying to recall Satan's name the other day, too. Archangel Gabriel was the name a teacher used, to help dissuade us from the concept of the Devil being equipotent with God.

Wiki Archangel (beings) linky

In the Protestant churches, the naming of the archangels can obey any of the following schemes:

Michael, Gabriel, and Lucifer/Satan (some churches argue that Satan was always called Satan, since the Dead Sea Scrolls state that Satan was Satanail/Satanael before he fell):

Satan falling from his position at about the year 0 following a dispute with Michael .

Satan falling from his position sometime in the Creation for wanting to become God and, together with the other rebel angels (confirmed to be 133 306 668 angels by numerous texts), waging a war on God.

Satan falling from his position sometime in the End Times because of a dispute with Michael.

Michael and Lucifer or Satan in one of the three falling times abovementioned.

Michael and Gabriel.

Michael alone- a view held by some American Protestant evangelical denominations. The reason this is so debated among Protestants is because Michael is the only one who is directly called an archangel and the term archangel is only used in its singular form in the Bible, although Gabriel and Lucifer/Satan seemed to be equal in position to Michael, which leads to the presumption that they are also archangels.

Within the rabbinic traditions of Judaism and the Kabbalah, the usual number given is seven: Michael, Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel, Sariel, Raguel, and Remiel (possibly the Ramiel of the Apocalypse of Baruch, said to preside over true visions).

In Islam, the archangels are Michael or Mikael (Archangel of the Weather and rewards in thi life), Gabriel or Jibril (Dictator of the Koran to Muhammad), Azrael (Angel of Death), Israfil or Isra'afeel (Archangel who is to blow the horn on Judgement Day, though Israfel was never an angel in Islam originally), Malik (Keeper of Hell) and Munkar and Nakir (Angels of Interrogation that will question deceased souls on their life before their death).

Iblis was chief of the Jinns though not an angel himself, but fell from his position during the Creation for refusing God's commandment to accept Adam (and man) as superior being and bow to him.

Occultists sometimes associate archangels in Kabbalistic fashion with various seasons or elements, or even colors. In some (possibly early?) Christian rites, all four of the main archangels (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael and Uriel) were invoked as guarding the four quarters, or directions, and the colors associated with them are associated with their "magical" properties.

Among the Tarish, the four archangels are Michael, Gabriel, Tariel (aka Raphael), and Lucifer.

I also note, wrily, the orignal use of the name "Malik"; the previous discussion on these boards about the IP theft of other games' prior art ... :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

While this is a very interesting discussion I am finished working on one of the Classes for the campaign. I am using a very modified d20 Modern System just to warn you. Here is the Soldier class, the fighter type for the campaign. Tell me what you think? I want there to be options for the player, depending on the style in which he wants to play.

Harvey

While this is a very interesting discussion I am finished working on one of the Classes for the campaign.  I am using a very modified d20 Modern System just to warn you.  Here is the Soldier class, the fighter type for the campaign.  Tell me what you think?  I want there to be options for the player, depending on the style in which he wants to play.

What's an "action point"? I assume it's some sort of offensive equivalent to the "hit point" defensive measurement.

... CLASS FEATURES

Deadly Strike: Years of training in the combative arts have given the hero the ability to score a critical strike in more often than his peers. Whenever the character rolls a Critical Threat, he or she can spend an Action Point and turn it into a critical hit automatically without the need for the confirmation roll.

Covert Operative ...

Training Path 3

Precise Strike: The soldier can strike against an opponent are treated as touch attacks. Before making an attack on the soldier

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oh, here are the Talents and the Cybernetic aspects of the campaign I am using in case you guys are curious..

SELF SCORE LOSS

... . A augmentation ...

SELF SCORE

RECOVERY

Self Score loss can be rectified through the removal of augmentations and through psychological therapy. Therapy has a weekly Purchase DC 15, which the therapist has to succeed a Knowledge (Behavior Sciences) skill check which has the DC of the Self Score lost. If the check is successful the character regains 1d6 Self points. If the check has failed, not all is lost for the therapy still helped and the character regains only one point of Self.

Does this mean the PC has to complete psychological treatments every week to maintain the abatement to their Self Point loss? And failure to do so temporarily / permanently restores the loss (i.e. decrements the Self Points)?

INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL

A failed Installation roll means that the cybernetic device has been rejected or was improperly attuned to the patient. The surgeon will needs to try again, but the patient suffers 1d4 temporary Constitution damage each time the Installation roll fails.

How long is temporary?

Cybernetics

The four grades of quality are Gamma (base quality and cost), Delta (+2 Purchase DC), Beta (+4 Purchase DC), and Alpha (+6 Purchase DC).

The first four letters of the greek alphabet are alpha, β beta, γ gamma and δ delta.

I really like the biomods. I can see lots of thought has gone into them!

With regard the talents, I have a general question.

Are the offensive and defensive talents of combatants communitive?

What I mean is, if an aggressor uses a talent that increases attack probability or damage, say, and the defender uses a talent that minimizes their apprehension and / or damage taken, then these two talents both work for each individual?

I guess this is most obvious in defence, where an immunity to criticals would circumvent an increased critical attack: is there any way to override another talent, or are they just calculated in m

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

First off an action point has several uses. Its primary use is to increase one's chance of success. Before you roll to hit, make a save role, or roll for a skill check you can use the action point. This can increase the total roll by 1d6. At higher levels the player can roll multiple d6s but only use the highest die.

The second use of action points is the activation of special abilities and feats. However only 1 action point can be used in a round no matter what.

Temporary ability damage heals 1 point per day with normal rest. One heals 2 points a day if one is doing complete bed rest. If one is under the care of a skilled healer, which is a person who has ranks in Treat Injury and makes a DC 15 skill check for the day if memory serves), the healing rate is doubled.

As for the self cost question, the answer is yes.

Also about the talent question. If a character has a +2 bonus to damage attacks one who has the +2 damage reduction the damage reduction negates the +2 bonus of the other character, but you really don't add/subtract things like that in the course of the game. One character assesses all his modifiers and pits them against the other character who has assessed all his modifiers and we let the dice lay where they roll so to speak.

Bottomline it depends on the individual talent and feat and how the players are using them. Initiative order does play a role in some cases but not all. Such as the Damage Reduction talent is considered always on, while a talent that has requires the use of an action point requires the player to state that he is activating that ability.

I hope that clarifies some things. :p

Harvey

Sure does. Looks like you spent just a little bit of time thinking about this and planning it. :D

How do characters get Action Points? And how fast do they rejuvenate?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

They get 5 + 1/2 Level (rounded down) for base classes per level of experience. Advance and Prestige classes gain 6 + 1/2 Level (rounded down) per level of experience.

So a first level soldier would only get 5 action points. When he achieves 2nd level he gains 6 more, but once they are gone they are gone till the character gains another level.

Harvey

That's not an easy game. No munchkinism to be had there. You'd even have to work out a general equation for calculating action points for higher level character creation (subtracting an "average" number per level) ...

I take it that the Sanity points (or whatever they were called) are a secret attribute known only to the GM, and when the PC adds just one cybernetic bit too much, blammo!: derange-city.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest GroinOfDespair

I normally only play Dark Ages Vampire or Fae, but I like these creatures.

The demons mentioned in this thread are also neat, but I prefer Lovecraft and Cthulu.

I normally only play Dark Ages Vampire or Fae, but I like these creatures.

The demons mentioned in this thread are also neat, but I prefer Lovecraft and Cthulhu.

I would never have guessed.

Now I understand why he defends D20 modern.  It's not so much the system inherently was good, so much as it was easy for him to write plenty of house rules for.

But that's a good thing, right?

I seem to remember that a DM's job is to write a lot of stuff, stories, incidents, NPC / creature encounters, etc, etcetra, etcetr

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT