Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

They should have a Sith Lord from the future who is controlling a Sith Lord in the present time.  (about 10 yrs. after the events of KOTOR II)  The Sith Lord who is being controlled becomes the religious leader of a planet.  He/She eventually interjects himself into the government and becomes the president's closest adivisor.  He/She then kills the President and assumes control of the government.  The people love and embrace this.  The people of this planet then start a war of conquest.  They start attacking other worlds and take them over one by one. 

Have you been playing FFVIII recently ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I liked a lot of stuff about KOTOR 1 and 2. Having my decisions affect the what happens in the game was realy cool, as was being able to battle a lot of enemies at once. I have high hopes for KOTOR 3, so I realy hope that whoever is devoloping it reads this post.

Graphics: Too many games concentrate on making things look realy detailed. For #3 I would rather have realy cool looking backgrounds rendered in real time than an ultra detailed character model and static picture for a background. A good example of how cool this looks can be seen in Alan Wake below. I want to feel like Im somewhere epic and huge, having a picture for a skybox is just ugly and outdated.

Combat: For gameplay I'd love to go "Darth Vader" on someone and fling random heavy objects at them. I would also like to force shove enemies off a cliff, or rip the weapons out of their hands. In terms of visuals It would be awesome to be able to cut some guys hand off, or even decapitate them. Have a wall be blasted to rubble, cooler death animations, and just make combat seem more destructive. In most games the only thing lasers, bullets, or whatever seems to affect is enemies, you could blast a small plant all you want but the damn thing is invincible. In Kotor 3 I want that plant to burn to a crisp.

Lightsabers: For lightsaber battles Id love to see something that looks like it might be from a movie (not the cr@!!y prequels though). As in actual choreographed moves, guys parrying, hitting, and dodgin in-sync, instead of just looking like they are fighting entirely other people that you cant see.

Whishes: I don't think these will get put in even if every member of the dev team reads this post and thinks its great, but I can dream right?

First up, how about a full on, online pod-racing game like Episode 1 Racer? I loved that game and think an updated version with online play would rock!

Pazaak Online anyone? Maybe linked to the racing thing. You could earn credits by winning races in pod-racing to ugrade you pod, and you could also win credits by betting in multplayer games of Pazaak.

Campaign Multiplayer would rule! I have no idea how it would be possible, but something like co-op would be realy cool.

No... :p"  But seriously, all the times Final Fantasy has stolen from Star Wars... payback's a b*tch! :p

Oh you mean Wedge and Biggs ?

Well that, and the entire plot of FFII... and what look to be some very similar elements in FFXII. In fact, you've got the "Evil Empire", Princess Ashe/Leia in the rebellion, young blonde protagonist (Vaan/Luke), scoundrel pilot (Han/Balflear), <his furry sidekick (Chewbacca/Fran). Now they're talking about how Ashe and Vaan will have a different kind of love? Hmm... brother and sister maybe? :p

you know i think that if they do have large battles like the ones in Kotor 2 you should be able to damage more than one person with your lightsaber. I mean come on how many times can you swing at one guy and not kill anyone else in a crowd?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think their should be an insane jedi character in KOTOR 3. Since I have a history of mental problems I could write all the dialouge.

PC: Oh thank go I found someone, I thought everyone was dead and I would never get off this damned rock!

Insano (voiced by Dennis Hopper): What is your name young one?

PC: (Insert chosen name here).

Insano: BLE-SNARGIN FLARGIN!

Then he kills you cuz he batsh*t f*cking insane.

Seriously though an insane jedi who could use both dark and light side powers would rule. he could also have some pretty interesting conversations with HK.

Another thing, I'd like other characters in your party to have more conversations with each other, instead of just talking with you all the time. I remember playing BG 2 and being realy impressed when 2 characters in my party had their own conversation with each other.

Release Date: Sometime 2006. Reasons: Long enought to devolop a good game, not too long so people will still remember playing KOTOR 2 from not that long ago. Also Microsoft will command it to be so, would people rather buy a PS3 with the usual mostly cr*ppy launch titles, or an already established console (X-Box 360) with KOTOR 3 and a variety of other good games already released?

Character Custumization: Please ensure that the characters look compelling. My character in KOTOR 1 (male with brown hair spiked in the front) just didn't look like he could be Revan. On the other hand my first character in #2 looked dead on (black bald guy) he had just the right sort of sad somber-empty look that the exile was supposed to have.

Better Multiple paths: In both KOTOR 1 wether you were good or evil you ended up fighting the same battles on the sam planets, just with different endings. I'd love to be able to go off on a completely different path 1/2 through the game if I chose the darkside instead of the lightside. I loved that your decisions affected what happened in the game, but instead of having "If you chose this then you get this help, if you chose wrong then you don't get any." Instead have the player choose between two different things, not just nothing or something.

Last Thing: Could I be a beta tester please???????

Hey, I just beat KOTOR 2 for the second time a few months ago and there were a bunch of things missing that i think would add much depth entertainement to KOTOR 3

1. KOTOR 3 should abe a sort of prequel-sequel. The game should start out with the exile as a little kid before he is even accpeted to the academy. This would require you to do a few little side quests and would deepen your knowledge about the exiles' pre-jedi life. Then after a few easy mini quests, you are found by a jedi and taken to train at the academy. Then the game should go through your life as a student in the academy and depending on how many of the quests in the academy you complete, and how well you complete them, this judges how strong in the force you are. After completing the academy, and being raised to the rank of Jedi Knight, there should be a few quests and little things done just to be buffer time until the next phase of the game, the Mandalorian wars. I found throughout the entire lenght of KOTOR 2, i always wanted to know what happened during the mandalorian wars, i wanted to fight in them and experience them first hand, instead of just hearing people talk about them. Then, there should be the scene where the exile is exiled, then a cinematic movie sequence basically summing up what happens in KOTOR 2, with pauses every once in awhile to choose the light or dark side. From there,you would be launched into the sequel which should be the exile trying to find Revan and help him take care of this new threat. At this point you should be able to choose a few of the KOTOR 2 party members and start on your journey, along the way encountering old party memebers from KOTOR 1 and new ones.

2. I would definately like it if Revan and the exile were both the main character. Meaning that you could choose you left the Ebon Hawk to lead the party, and you could also choose who you were while on the ebon hawk upon re-boarding. THis would allow you to not be stuck as either a Goody Goody, or a hardcore badass, you could be both.

3. The story should also have you fail at one point. In KOTOR 1 and 2 i was very dissapointed when one jedi and a few friends of his takes on and absolutely own hundreds and hundreds of highly trained sith and dark jedi warriors. At one point or another, you should come across the major "threat" mentioned in KOTOR 2 and be driven back and defeated, having one of the main party members (Jolee, Juhani,Bastilla,Canderous) die in the process.

4. To go along with #3, when you are driven back and defeated, your main objective should be to reconstruct the jedi order, or if you are DS,turn the sith away from their current master and have them work for you, or possibly if your two main charaters are on signifigantly opposite sides of the force, split up your party (depending on who has the strongest influence on which party memebers) and do both. If you are LS and have to re-build the jedi order, you should have the ability of Force Sense. This would allow you to sense characters in the game and train them.Then once you have trained a few people to become strong, build an acadamey of some sort and send them there to await other students.(There should be a few selected characters meant for you to sense that would become the "masters" of the order). Another interesting feature about this is depending on where you build your academies they may be attacked and destroyed and you would have to find new masters to train. If used, this feature would only require minimal dialogue and bacground stories for the masters you train, and next to no dialogue and no signifigant backround story of the other apprentices. This would add much to the game because depending on how many people you sensed and sent to your acadamies, and how many acadamies you built and how many masters you trained, this would depend on the size of the army you build to combat the "true sith".

5. Also, you should be able to recruit soldiers like you could with Mandalore in KOTOR 2. THis should allow you to be able to build not only a jedi, but an army of soldiers that you could use to combat the enemy.

6. Finally, when you build a lightsaber, there should be a point in construction where you acutally ave to put the pices together by hand, actually dragging and dropping the pieces into place, and using the parts to connect the crystals and emitters and such. This would make the lightsaber more yours because you ACTUALLY BUILT it by hand. This would also judge how much damage your lightsaber did, judging by how well you actually put it together and the quality of the parts you used.

well, that's all i got please give me some feedback as to what you think. i think these ideas are pretty cool, but of course i do, i wrote them. tell me what you like and dont so that i know

:blink:

that sounds more like a RTS with a character than kotor my friend.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

how about a longer game dont get me wrong 7 planets is almost the correct number but I would like to se more of them for instance

telos one side of the planet is a big city (not like coruscant smaller ), you can then hop on a shuttle to the military base where they sell goods and merchandise to veterans and such, hop a shuttle to the space port where you can buy supplies and more illegal weapons

Also I know in these games your on the outer rim worlds but since the republic is trying to enforce their laws and bring order you may be confronted with paying fines for carrying illegal weapons such military grade heavy repeaters. maybe a side quest that your lightsabers and weapons are confiscated you are imprisoned by yourself and have to rely on either the force or hand to hand skills

More robes with hoods and more masks :ph34r:

maybe and this is a big maybe, how about using the lock on feature and go for fable style combat but depending on your weapon's damage and pros, and cons would affect the damage dealt although I would still rather have turn based instead of a crappy game like advent rising

stay third person view no first person I hate first person unless its a shooter

more use of the ebon hawk for example

an item storage system/

depending on the clothes or armour your wearing you can only hold so many weapons and items for instance if you have heavy armour on you sacrifice mobility for protection and more lugguage, so you can hold one lightsaber and one blaster pistol, six grenades,medpacks, stims,ect. or you can sacrifice your grenade belt for a heavier blaster and have twin sabers. or if you have jedi robes on you can carry up to four sabers single bladed or two single one double.

customizationof saber hilts colors metals ect.

using astro charts. intergalactic communication-(making and keeping allies on different planets and checking in on them)

hairstyles and tatoo's would be cool but they arent nessecary

a new and improved hawk

I know this isnt a whole game makeover but just little things that would increase the immersion of the game

feedback please

how about a longer game dont get me wrong 7 planets is almost the correct number but I would like to se more of them for instance

I feel the exact opposite way - I'd accept less planets if that means stronger plot and better characterization. Sure, more planets would be great, but someone has to do all the work, and I'd much rather have focus on plot than on graphics. Of course, then plot will be very linear and not much longer than before, or else too many fans will not play, but I want plot to have priority, and I think more planets would interfere with that.

I've suggested Coruscant, Alderaan, Myrkr, Sleheyron, Khar Delba/Khar Shian, Ziost, and finally Coruscant again. That's six worlds or seven if you count Khar Shian (the moon of Khar Delba). That's about the same as in KotOR1 and a little less than KotOR2. But if it supports a deep plot, then fine by me.

Besides, fewer planets also get my vote if it means they finish the game... :("

Perhaps a NPC system like Fable's. Certain gestures gain the attention of them, with certain reactions to certain things you did. If you're LS they'd be happy to see you, and flee in fear if you're DS.

I always thought the NPC input in the games were crappy.

With that aspect, I agree. I always found it funny when no matter how many people I killed, some little punk would still mouth my sickly pale Dark Lord of the Sith character off.

Reputation should have SOME effect. Look at someone like Bobba Fett. Most common thugs know his rep and wouldn't dare confront him.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Perhaps a NPC system like Fable's. Certain gestures gain the attention of them, with certain reactions to certain things you did. If you're LS they'd be happy to see you, and flee in fear if you're DS.

I always thought the NPC input in the games were crappy.

With that aspect, I agree. I always found it funny when no matter how many people I killed, some little punk would still mouth my sickly pale Dark Lord of the Sith character off.

Reputation should have SOME effect. Look at someone like Bobba Fett. Most common thugs know his rep and wouldn't dare confront him.

... Or Calo Nord ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hey, I just beat KOTOR 2 for the second time a few months ago and there were a bunch of things missing that i think would add much depth entertainement to  KOTOR 3

1. KOTOR 3 should abe a sort of prequel-sequel. The game should start out with the exile as a little kid before he is even accpeted to the academy. This would require you to do a few little side quests and would deepen your knowledge about the exiles' pre-jedi life. Then after a few easy mini quests, you are found by a jedi and taken to train at the academy. Then the game should go through your life as a student in the academy and depending on how many of the quests in the academy you complete, and how well you complete them, this judges how strong in the force you are. After completing the academy, and being raised to the rank of Jedi Knight, there should be a few quests and little things done just to be buffer time until the next phase of the game, the Mandalorian wars. I found throughout the entire lenght of KOTOR 2, i always wanted to know what happened during the mandalorian wars, i wanted to fight in them and experience them first hand, instead of just hearing people talk about them. Then, there should be the scene where the exile is exiled, then a cinematic movie sequence basically summing up what happens in KOTOR 2, with pauses every once in awhile to choose the light or dark side. From there,you would be launched into the sequel which should be the exile trying to find Revan and help him take care of this new threat. At this point you should be able to choose a few of the KOTOR 2 party members and start on your journey, along the way encountering old party memebers from KOTOR 1 and new ones.

So basically you want Fable, but in a Star Wars setting.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Here is the best suggestion.  Send the game out when it is finished and give it proper support afterwards to.  Oh, don't ever go through Lucas Arts ever again.  They will screw you over like in KotOR 2.

:- Shouldn't you just go back to using Hades_One?

Here is the best suggestion.  Send the game out when it is finished and give it proper support afterwards to.  Oh, don't ever go through Lucas Arts ever again.  They will screw you over like in KotOR 2.

:- Shouldn't you just go back to using Hades_One?

I always thought the reaoning was that one Hades_One plus one level is the same as a new account at the same level as Hades_One ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I am curious why so many people want to change the game so much. I mean, I like playing Kotor because I want to develop my own story. I don't want to build an army, teach a lot of students in a Jedi / Sith Academy to make it some sort of strategy game.

I liked the original Kotor just a bit better because of the very good storyline. And that the characters in the game had much more depth. I mean, even a non NPC like Yuthura Ban had more depth than say Mira or Bao Dur or Handmaiden. And thats what I miss in Kotor II.

So please Obsidian, if there will be a Kotor III, don't make to many improvements but finetune the game with the improvements you made. Which IMO means:

Influence: Chance the characters behavior when you have a good influence and they become LS or DS.

Lightsabers: Custimizable hilts and the addition of a Double phased saber (a single hilt saber which can be extended to a very long blade which however is more difficult to handle (some extra feats?)

Storyline: Finish it please. Is there a possibility to not listen to Lucasarts and their release date and make a release date yourself? When you have truly finished your game. If that games storyline fails then it's because of you. That said, I like most of the storyline in TSL, but there are to many bugs in here as well and the end game?! I don't think I have to say to much about that, there have been many complaints.

Workbench and Lab station: Keep it as it is, I like it. Allthough, I would have liked it if grenades and rockets held much more firepower than a heavy upgraded blaster rifle which unfortunately is almost the same.

Random Item Generator: Get rid of this please! We would like to find our items at exactly the same place each time.

Planets: Don't come up with planets area's that you made up yourself, unless the story demands them to be destroyed that is.

I have thought a lot about which one's I would like to see:

1) Coruscant

2) Yavin IV

3) Ilum

4) Myrkr

5) Alderaan

6) Mon Calamari

7) Sleheyron

:p Ord Mantell

9) Kessel

10) Falleen

11) Ossus

12) Ziost

13) Byss

That's too many I know, but at least you have something to think about don't you think? I would at least not be dissapointed if you picked all of the planets from this list. Off course, more could be added.

Master Vandar lives!