Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

BTW, I think BioWare originally intended to use Nomi's daughter (Vima?) instead of Bastila, not Nomi.

From what I heard on the Bioware forums, Bastila's character was actually intended to be the daughter of Nomi Sunrider, but that was scrapped. Oh wait...this has been said already, hasn't it? :ermm:

Bastila was actually the original name for Juhani's character. Or at least, that's what I think happened. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mothman

From what I heard, Bastila's character was actually intended to be the daughter of Nomi Sunrider, but that was scrapped.  Bastila was actually the original name for Juhani's character.  Or at least, that's what I think happened.  >_<

Yeah, Vima Sunrider. But they weren't allowed to use the Sunrider name, so they just went with Bastila Shan.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

BTW, I think BioWare originally intended to use Nomi's daughter (Vima?) instead of Bastila, not Nomi.

From what I heard, Bastila's character was actually intended to be the daughter of Nomi Sunrider, but that was scrapped. Bastila was actually the original name for Juhani's character. Or at least, that's what I think happened. >_<

Yep, they swapped the names around (not the characters).

I think Yuthura Ban was originally going to be a party member, though; perhaps she was instead of Juhani (I mean the original Bastila)?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

They use the names of various characters from the comics in KOTOR:1 and KOTOR:2.  I think the main reason Naomi Sunrider didn't appear in KOTOR:1 is that she would be 1,000 years old, as KOTOR the game takes place 1,000 years after the comics.

Nomi would be about 70 vima would only be 40... I would think that Vima would have made the story alot better because Ulic was one of her masters and it would have opened a new door when connecting to the sith war instead of Jolee's Galactical Travels.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

eh the games tried to steer clear of the eu. from my experiance

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That's the continuity disagreement I was referring to, "Jedisycophant", the one that LucasArts has created in the KotOR universe.  :rolleyes:

That's no disagreement, and certainly no inconsistency. Most likely using Vima was just associated with too much trouble, so they pushed the whole thing a few decades, which is a time of Star Wars not covered anywhere in canon or EU. It was simple easier and gave Bioware more freedom to tell whatever story they wanted, since it would cause no trouble with the Sunriders. If I had been a storyteller, I probably would have made the same choice, since you really don't need Vima in KotOR1. Even if she did inspire the character of Bastila, this still gave Bioware far more freedom to develop the character. Bastila's fascination with the dark side would and yet complete lack of knowledge of it have been far more difficult explain for Vima, since she has more insight having been trained by Ulic himself.

What's the big problem, Mentaldigifool?

That's no disagreement, and certainly no inconsistency. Most likely using Vima was just associated with too much trouble, so they pushed the whole thing a few decades, which is a time of Star Wars not covered anywhere in canon or EU. It was simple easier and gave Bioware more freedom to tell whatever story they wanted, since it would cause no trouble with the Sunriders. If I had been a storyteller, I probably would have made the same choice, since you really don't need Vima in KotOR1. Even if she did inspire the character of Bastila, this still gave Bioware far more freedom to develop the character. Bastila's fascination with the dark side would and yet complete lack of knowledge of it have been far more difficult explain for Vima, since she has more insight having been trained by Ulic himself.

What's the big problem, [Metaldigital]?

The problem is your unsolicited attack on me, "Jediservile", for having the temerity to add a comment

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

all good ideas.

i think there should be more emphasis on lightsaber forms. force forms should be completely separate and less of them. DOuble bladed/ dual sabers should have unique forms. and you should b able to get so many forms. there are 7 saber forms so instead of getting like all of them you should get 2 or 3, and specialize completely in one of them. same for force forms you should only get 1 or 2 and it doesnt matter about your class.

also music - i thought kotor 2 music was better than 1 but i think kotor 3 should have music from kotor 2 and from the films, like the RotS game had music from kotor 2. and of course make some new music also.

PC should be revan and/or exile. doesnt matter to me if they start at level 1 again, maybe just give a couple of extra feats/powers at the start to make up for it like exile gets all combat feats free on level 1. stories should be bought to a close so kotor 4 (if there ever is one) should start in completely new era.

Hoods are definitley a necessary thing as are customisable lightsaber hilts

And I was making the obvious point that to try to unravel the continuity, where there is an established pattern of negligence, is like trying to determine which watch a kleptomaniac bought out of a pile of stolen ones.

Like I said, there are several instances where you can accuse GL and LA for that. The problem is that you chose to make that accusation on a subject it just wasn't relevant because no such inconsistency or unraveling of continuity exists. I'm not sure why they dropped the idea of using Vima, but surely that choice doesn't constitute a breach of continuity. On the contrary, it avoids such a breach like the plague.

But I see you would rather trade verbal blows in a flame war, as you are still cut up from not being able to present your own arguments in a clear and adult manner.

Well, you certainly aren't shy on dealing it out yourself, so I thought you could take a dose of your own medicine. Obviously I was mistaken. My apologies to the list.

So cut out the abuse.

I shall, which is why I have omitted the abuse of the rest of your post. I shall do so because Calax asked me to, however. That way you can rest secure that you don't owe me any favors.

You know... once you begin attacking each other's usernames, the quality of the flaming goes down real fast. icon3.gif

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Once forum-monkeys like us start taking interest in the flaming, it has already gone the wrong way.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Here we go again.

:*

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

In the interest of doing something more positive, I shall now post the final part of my own plot idea for KotOR3. Sorry, but it's a very long post. The earlier parts can be read in previous parts of this topic, if anyone's interested. It's been a while, so I'll start with a short outline...

The story so far...

The new main character has come across Bastila while the few remaining jedi have lived in fear of the returned Darth Nihilus. Fleeing Coruscant with his master, he came across Bastila, but lost his master in battle with the Sith. Through various events they have met old friends like Jolee on Sleheyron and Mission and Zaalbar on Myrkr, where the force is suppressed by the native Ysalamir, and eventually they found the flagship of Darth Nihilus.

Joining all of the Exile's old friends, who now form the basis of the struggling jedi ranks trying to rebuild the order, they confronted Nihilus only to find out that the new Nihilus was really the Exile.

Following Revan, the Exile had entered the Sith empire, where he found Revan. Revan had reverted to the dark side, however, and turned to the Exile to the dark side as well, thereby making him the new Darth Nihilus. With their combined powers and friendship for the Exile, they are able to turn him and learn of Revan's whereabouts in the Sith empire.

Though Revan has turned to the dark side again, he continues his cause to destroy the true Sith by creating a civil war among their ranks and challenging the rank of current dark lord. The main character, Bastila, the Exile and a few others decide to find Revan and see if they can aid his cause and, perhaps, turn him back to the light side as well. They enter Sith space and look for Revan on Khar Shian, where Revan has turned the old base of Naga Sadow into a training ground for his own Sith.

After many struggles the group learns that Revan has been betrayed and captured by the true Sith on Ziost, and that the true Sith are planning a final assault on the Republic soon. They travel to Ziost to find and free Revan. They don't know that the true Sith have manipulated Revan into thinking that the jedi, some of them his old friends, have come to kill him before he can become too great a threat.

This results in a battle between Revan and the group, but they are eventually able to turn Revan and flee Ziost. The dark lord of the true Sith, Taras Hassek, has now begun his invasion of the Republic by performing a preemptive strike on Coruscant to both topple the Republic and kill the few remaning Jedi and younglings struggling to rebuild the order there...

Part 5:

For the endgame, the group is returning to the Republic to stop the Sith attack and confront Taras Hassek, the dark lord of the true Sith. There is a good deal of uncertainty, though, because Revan is still marked by the ties to the dark side, and the rest of the group are uncertain of where his/her loyalties lie. But they have little choice but to trust Revan, since they cannot fight the final battle without him/her. Even if reverted toward the light side, Revan will show flashes of the dark side at times.

The group is split into three with each of the protagonists of the games leading one. While they do, Carth leads the Republic forces in a major space/air battle - KotOR games are not starfighter games, so we should leave that to characters outside the player's control. Besides, it will finally give Carth a true moment of glory to shine in rather than just being a supporting character in the overall plot.

Note that in the endgame there will be more companions to choose from if Revan, the Exile, and the new main character are all light side, since this is the advantage of the jedi. After all, Sith lords have no friends to help them out when things get tough - they have "friends" only for as long as these are convenient, so there will be fewer people to help them. For example, Jolee will make an appearance if Revan and the main character are both light side, but he'll have no replacement if one of them was dark side, because either the Revan or the main character will have killed Jolee by then. If you're dark side, then the main character takes the mission to confront Taras Hassek described for Revan belong - you want to replace him and become the new dark lord, after all. As a Sith, you really couldn't care less whether the true Sith destroy the Republic forces or whether the remaining jedi and the padawan children are killed. Those issues might be important, but not until you've taken the throne of dark lord from Taras Hassek. Then you can sit down and begin structuring your empire and planning your resources...

Revan's group has Bastila in it (rest is optional) and goes to confront Taras Hassek and his companion Sith Lords on their capital ship. This will be an epic battle of force powers and lightsaber duels at the top of the power-scale available. This will be a tough endfight, where the player will need to use every advantage. This should actually be played last, but I describe it first, because the companions in this group should be chosen first.

The Exile's group should have Mandalore/Canderous in it (rest is optional) and represents the group forces that go to fight the invading Sith. This will be a bit like the clone attack at the end of Episode II with the Exile leading the Mandalorians like Mace Windu led the clone troopers, except that the only jedi will be those in the group. This should be done a bit like the Sith attack on the Mandalorian camp on Dxun in KotOR2, except there will be constant respawns on when troops go down. However, the Exile has unique abilities. If he is light side, for example, his Force Enlightenment (as learned in KotOR2) extends his level of Force Valor not just to the group but to his entire platoon of ground forces! This is a bit of a fake, of course, since only the group's actions will really matter - the rest is just active background - and the group needs to find and defeat the enemy commanders, led by Taras Hassek's apprentice Del Gor-Ulm, as well as kill a set number of enemy soldiers, but the player should be able to note that the Exile's use of group-affecting force powers has an effect on the battle field. It would also be nice if, at the end of the battle, the game awards bonus xp and influence with Mandalore based on how many Mandalorians survived - that would be a nice reward for taking out the enemy leaders quickly rather than rewarding senseless monster bashing... (Or even better, the Sith leaders will appear after the required number of enemy soldiers have been killed and automatically attack the group, so that abusing the respawn is impossible. Also, the bonus xp for the battle beyond the enemy commanders is based on the number of allies left rather than the number of enemy soldiers killed when the Sith leaders fall - that way you're rewarded for taking out the Sith leaders quickly).

The main character's group is chosen freely from any remaining companions. This mission should actually be played first. The group's task is to save the remaining jedi students - younglings - by rushing to the jedi temple and helping them. This will be a bit like the way Padm

Have you considered your hobby choice again; writing page-long story ideas for a future rpg which could never be even read by anyone of relevancy, can be considered rather mental

kirottu said:

Have you considered your hobby choice again; writing page-long story ideas for a future rpg which could never be even read by anyone of relevancy, can be considered rather mental

I did the same some time ago. For some reason I decided to create a Final Fantasy game that would be released if the series were ever to come to an end.

Then I grew up and the mental issues went away.

I mean, fan fiction is okay, but man...

Good for you 'Player.

kirottu said:

Better than getting involved in a flame war...

And I will not believe that expressing my thoughts is futile. Nor should I hope anyone else does. Yes, little is likely to come from it, but it's still better than having ideas and saying nothing. We have been asked to voice our ideas here - that's what I'm doing. At least I'll know that I have tried to contribute in some way, no matter how pathetic others might think it is. So if KotOR3 sucks and I criticize and talk about what should have been done, nobody can tell me that I didn't speak up earlier.

Then do it and feel free in doing it. I'm a bitter almost-level-fiver, what can I say?

kirottu said:

They should have a Sith Lord from the future who is controlling a Sith Lord in the present time. (about 10 yrs. after the events of KOTOR II) The Sith Lord who is being controlled becomes the religious leader of a planet. He/She eventually interjects himself into the government and becomes the president's closest adivisor. He/She then kills the President and assumes control of the government. The people love and embrace this. The people of this planet then start a war of conquest. They start attacking other worlds and take them over one by one.

Just before these events, a scientist discovered the technology to allow anyone to use The Force. Everyone now uses The Force to help with daily tasks. It is integrated into almost every aspect of life. The Republic has created schools on many different worlds (some even on space stations) to train soldiers in Force combat. The Jedi are obviously not happy about this, but there is little they can do. Your PC starts at one of these schools.

Eventually you (and your party) confront the Sith Lord and fight him. You win, but of course realise that he is only a pawn. In fact, he isn't even capable of using The Force without assistance from technology. He was unable to control his actions and deeply regrets them. He allowed the Sith Lord from the future to possess him, so that the "future Sith Lord" wouldn't find his real target. The scientist who created the technology to allow anyone to use the Force, helps you find a way to go to the future and defeat the Sith Lord there.

:p "...but Mom, all the other kids are doing it!" >_<