Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I think perhaps five years was too small a gap.  It didn't allow for a new story.  It was like KOTOR 1.5

Possibly , but if the idea was for a trilogy then some connection with the previous game would be required.

Each cast and protagonist you add tends to compound the problems of the continuities.

If KOTOR III ties things up, then your free to go to town when it comes to killing people off because you dont have to worry about it in future games.

KOTOR II with it's "original" ending would have beena continuity nightmare.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

KOTOR II with it's "original" ending would have beena continuity nightmare.

Well that's true. The whole cast would dead! :blink: (save for Exile)

It's not certain that they would have been though. It was just a possible outcome. If everyone did die, then your problems are solved albeit in an extreme fashion.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Continuity issues are always sticky, when dealing with sequels to non-linear RPGs. :lol:

I'm sure whoever gets it will cobble through part III. If it is Obsidian I expect they would be looking forward to a new trilogy rather than taking over someone elses work which is always awkward.

478327[/snapback]

A clean break after KOTORIII would be a desirable thing all around. Not sure if I'd want to see KOTOR prequels though seems kind of pointless.

I tend to agree. Still, the idea of a KotOR prequel based on the Mandalorian Wars just might work. That said, I'm usually wary of prequels, since they frequently screw up continuity. Lucas managed to avoid that through prequel trilogy, but I'm much more doutbful about whoever would write such a game - KotOR2 already adds enough "differences" in history compared to KotOR1 to raise more than a few eyebrows...

Except the OT was designed to be a trilogy. What we have with the KotOR's is a collection of individual parts which lack the cohesion a natural trilology would give - in fact, in some places they outright contradict each other. Hardly inspiring, though plausible nevertheless.

Not exactly. The original movie (to be specific: Episode IV - "A New Hope") was intended to stand alone and not have any sequels. ESB and ROTJ only became relevant when the success was obvious. Lucas actually used as much as his oomph as he could in the first movie, though he left loose ends to exploit in case he wanted to continue - Darth Vader's survival and escape, for example. Obviously he left much material unused - you can do only so much in a two hour flick. But either way, that's why we get yet another Death Star in ROTJ, since the Death Star was always intended for the big finale, only he had already used it.

no, that was Han shooting at the Sandtroopers, they didn't show the cannon until TESB, wait.....i get it now, there doin' the games just like the OT , thats probably why K2 us incomplete, like TESB, i bet K3 will be like ROTJ, you destroy the "True Sith" just like the Rebels destroyed the Empire in ROTJ. ;)

Suprisingly thats not an uncommon theory.

A clean break after KOTORIII would be a desirable thing all around. Not sure if I'd want to see KOTOR prequels though seems kind of pointless.

it all depends on how they resolve Revan in K3. If K3 ends and Revan is still out there, then it will be hard to do anything in that time period without him interfering. However, you could always jump forward about 50 years so that Revan will have died of old age....as long as a living Revan is not in K4, I'm happy.

However, a prequel about Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider and the Sith Wars would be nice, IMO. I would have no problem playing someone who is not the center of the universe (which an Exar Kun trilogy would demand). In fact, the roleplaying possibilities are actually greater that way.

However, a prequel about Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider and the Sith Wars would be nice, IMO.  I would have no problem playing someone who is not the center of the universe (which an Exar Kun trilogy would demand).  In fact, the roleplaying possibilities are actually greater that way.

Something along this sort of line?

(with regards to "freeing Exar Kun)..

Reminds me a little of a D&D game I once did. The party released Tiamat from a mine when they were little tiny adventurers. The campaign then revolved around them traveling around getting various items and enlisting help before she became strong enough to regain her full power. In the end the battled her using the artifacts and the allies they collected and resealed her ready for the next clueless fool who came along

Dosnt have much to do with KOTORI and II's plots, but as a less scripted adventure it certainly has possibilities. If you were a Padawan you could either set out to destroy Exar (or learn from him which would involve doing various tasks for him mirror image of things you would be doing to stop him).

In the end he would either betray you , or you he. Or you would become a powerful enough Jedi to reseal him.

So the continuity wouldnt be damaged at all as far as I can see. But I'm by no means an EU buff.

I'm a much bigger fan of the some poor smuck being in the wrong place than being some sort of chosen one.

478327[/snapback]

However, a prequel about Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider and the Sith Wars would be nice, IMO.

Noooooooooooo!

Don't worry - that almost certainly won't happen, since the Tales of the Jedi comic book is barred from coming close to a computerized version. I hear that Bastila's character was originally intended to be Nomi or her daughter (I forget which), but that it couldn't be allowed, since there were ownership issues. Heck, I even hear that Nomi was not allowed to even be mentioned, and only was by Jolee due to a slip-up...

So that would make the chances of such a game seem rather unlikely.

Maybe he colours his hair
This should have been addressed in the story. o:)

Really? I tend not to think so. For all we know, Carth already did this in KotOR1, or maybe hair doesn't gray with age if subjected to certain treatments in the Star Wars universe. I mean, the technology is likely to be there...

I'd count this amont the details that are so small that they can just be ignored in the plot.

Really? I tend not to think so. For all we know, Carth already did this in KotOR1, or maybe hair doesn't gray with age if subjected to certain treatments in the Star Wars universe. I mean, the technology is likely to be there...

I'd count this amont the details that are so small that they can just be ignored in the plot.

My deadpan humor can get me into trouble. ;) Just joking with you.

My deadpan humor can get me into trouble. ;) Just joking with you.

:">